How 'bout them Cowboys? Not.

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Re: How 'bout them Cowboys? Not.

Unread post by ramfan85 »

I still want to see Green Bay and the Pats in the SB. it's not going to be easy for either of them to get there, though.
As for yesterday's game, I wanted Dallas to beat the Lions. The fact that a questionable call contributed to the win only makes it better.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

SmartyBarrett wrote:From a former official:

After listening to this guy weekly on Felger and Mazz it's not really surprised this guy is confused. I think he's worse than Pereira.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

The "confused" comment was in reference to a series of tweets, and not the Bryant play in particular.

There's also this:

Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1(j) prohibits "removal of a helmet by a player in the field of play or the end zone during a celebration or demonstration or during a confrontation with a game official or any other player."
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Cowboys hosed over stupidest rule in sports. And even considering the stupidity of the rule, it was applied incorrectly (the three steps he took and stretching the ball to the endzone with obvious full control of the ball don't constitute "football moves?"). The stupidity of the rule is best demonstrated by the following hypothetical: if there were no guidance in the rulebook, would one person in the world say that he didn't catch the ball? No, obviously not. And we get the added insult having to listen to Mike Pereira demonstrate yet again that he is most undeservedly arrogant moron in the western hemisphere. Every time I hear this guy talk I lose more respect for the officiating profession, of which I didn't have that much in the first place.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Bye-bye Cowgirls. Now they know how Detroit feels.

Controversy abounds. In this case, I love it.

Seahawks-Patriots SB.

No one is safe.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

if you watch that and say it's not a catch you must be blind, 3 steps and stretching the ball out and elbow down and knee down but not a catch...
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Aaron Rodgers on one leg is still amazing.
I feel bad that he'll not be 100% next week against
the Seattle Seathugs.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

Robbed
0 x
Clapton is God
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I've been a big Cowboys doubter all year but that was a BS call at the end. Looked like a catch to me.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

The refs giveth and the refs taketh away...unfortunately that is today's NFL. They won last week because of the refs and they lost this week because of the refs. The game is rarely decided by the players on the field these days.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

I'm no Cowboys fan, but that was ridiculous. He caught the ball, took 3 steps, lunged for the goal line, his left hip hit the turf, then the ball hit the ground and popped out. How is that not "down by contact"? How did he not "complete the catch"? The replay booths are causing more problems than they fix.

And Perraira (or whatever his name is) is a total moron.
0 x
gorhody89
ARD

adam914 wrote:The refs giveth and the refs taketh away...unfortunately that is today's NFL. They won last week because of the refs and they lost this week because of the refs. The game is rarely decided by the players on the field these days.
They didn't win last week because of the refs...if they got that pass interference it woukd have been 1st down at the 30 in a 4 point gsme with 6 mins left far from over and they had plenty of chances to make up for that call but followed it up with 10 yard punt, let dallas drive down field, got ball back with plenty of time and got stopped...

In this game it would have been 1st and goal dallas at half inch line down by 5 with 4 mins left...instead green bay got ball back and needed 1 first down....

Absolute BS....3 steps and lunge for end zone = football move making any moving of ball with ground irrelevant....this was a reversal on a challenge, there is no fucking way there was CONCLUSIVE evidence otherwise
0 x
Clapton is God
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

gorhody89 wrote:
adam914 wrote:The refs giveth and the refs taketh away...unfortunately that is today's NFL. They won last week because of the refs and they lost this week because of the refs. The game is rarely decided by the players on the field these days.
They didn't win last week because of the refs...if they got that pass interference it woukd have been 1st down at the 30 in a 4 point gsme with 6 mins left far from over and they had plenty of chances to make up for that call but followed it up with 10 yard punt, let dallas drive down field, got ball back with plenty of time and got stopped...

In this game it would have been 1st and goal dallas at half inch line down by 5 with 4 mins left...instead green bay got ball back and needed 1 first down....

Absolute BS....3 steps and lunge for end zone = football move making any moving of ball with ground irrelevant....this was a reversal on a challenge, there is no fucking way there was CONCLUSIVE evidence otherwise
Cowboys fan I assume?
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
gorhody89
ARD

Yes but please tell me how 1st and 10 from the 30 yard line up by 4 with 6 mins remaining and having scored 6 points since the 1st quarter mean that the game is over and the game was given to Dallas because of that call?
0 x
Clapton is God
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Ok, how about it was a huge help to them in winning the game?

You're making alot of assumptions about what would have happened after that Dez catch yesterday, so I'm not sure why that's any different than what I am doing in regards to the other game.
0 x
gorhody89
ARD

I am not saying Dallas would have won the game, they would have scored a TD( no way they keep Dallas out of endzone from 2 inch line with that offensive line and 4 tries) and then it would have been either 1 point lead or 3 point lead depending on 2 point conversion...then 1 of the best quarterbacks in league would have had plenty of time to tie or take lead....but taking the catch away ended the game GB needed just 1 first down to milk the clock

the Detroit noncall was not the same kind of death blow, took place at the 30 not the 1 inch line...still had the ball and lead 4th and 1 they choose to punt kicker punts it 10 yards...dallas drives down the field scores go ahead touchdown, they get ball back with plenty of time and can't do it...not the same they had plenty of chances the taking away of the catch ended the cowboys season
0 x
Clapton is God
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

GB would have also been down to 1 time out
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I am not a Cowboys fan but I believe the Cowboys got hosed this past week and that the Lions don't have nearly as much to complain about as Dallas. The Dez catch happened at a much higher leverage point in the game than the PI call against Dallas, and in my opinion ruling Dez's catch incomplete was a much more unfair result than not calling PI on the Dallas defender.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

By the way in case it wasn't clear, I do agree that the call was terrible yesterday. My point was that NFL refs are absolutely terrible and they have an affect on the outcome of the games way more than they should. We can all make assumptions about what would have happened after those calls, but there is no way of anybody knowing even if one outcome was more probable than another. And that's the problem, we're left to guess what would/could have happened instead of having it play out on the field the way it should have in both situations.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I am neither a Cowboys or Packer fan or hater......but I thought that ball was caught by Bryant....he had possession of the ball in control...took a couple of small steps as he was falling.....landed on his non-ball-handling elbow....and then the ball came out.....

....what makes me shake my head is these so-called experts the networks employ to review the replays and even they can't get the calls right or get them to match the replay officials calls......I am just as much an expert as these cats....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

I've been hoping that the Packers would come out of the NFC. However, maybe it would have been better if Dallas won yesterday. I don't have much confidence in them beating Seattle with an injured quarterback.
Seattle seems to have a pretty easy path to the SB. That's hurt the Pats in the past. I hope it has the same effect on Seattle this year.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:I can vouch for that stadium. I believe the first time I saw it was when I was about 7-8 miles away. It's just absolutely gigantic. The scoreboard is so big it has its own gravitational pull, your head just automatically goes right up to look at it. And if you take a tour, bring a football because they let you play. Playing football for about 30-45 minutes inside Cowboys Stadium was definitely a really awesome experience.
If anyone is ever thinking about going to Dallas, this Columbus Day weekend is the year to do it. Saturday afternoon you have the Red River Rivalry game at the Cotton Bowl inside the State Fair of Texas. Even though it was a total blow out the year I went it might have been the coolest sporting event I've ever been to. Then Sunday at 4:25 you have Patriots/Cowboys.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines