Lebron's Post Play

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Lebron's Post Play

Unread post by sf2010 »

Agree with most of your post, but not sure what this means:
Seawrightspostgame wrote: Arguing against post players says more about you than it does the nba.

Also this:

Seawrightspostgame wrote:Lebron only won titles when he polished his post up game.
Lebron is not a typical post player, he's not a typical anything. He can do anything he wants on a basketball court at any time. It's not useful to use him as an example.
Seawrightspostgame wrote:Granted a lot of guys do a lot from the 3 point line or in transition but there is an incredible amount of guys that post up on the block, the elbow or the 15 foot wing. Hell even D wade gets most baskets in the post up. Kobe posts up. I would say that posting up is simply initiating offense from 15 feet and in with your back to the basket. Doesn't have to be shaq. Hakeem shot the ball fading out of bounds from 15 feet on a spin. THAT IS A POST UP. HE is considered one of the greatest.
Agree with some of this, but they are supremely talented players who can score in a variety of ways, having the threat of posting up makes their other methods more effective. Initiating offense and using the high-post as a place from where you direct plays and run cuts and screens is great. However, having an offense where a major component of it is predicated on a post player "backing down" his man one-on-one is not efficient and is being moved away from because of that fact at all levels of basketball (unless as earlier mentioned you happen to have one of the five best players in the world with this particular skill set on your roster)

Thanks for your post rj, agreed with pretty much everything you said.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Re: '14 Lithuania PF/C Rokas Gustys

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

sf2010 wrote:Agree with most of your post, but not sure what this means:
Seawrightspostgame wrote: Arguing against post players says more about you than it does the nba.

Also this:

Seawrightspostgame wrote:Lebron only won titles when he polished his post up game.
Lebron is not a typical post player, he's not a typical anything. He can do anything he wants on a basketball court at any time. It's not useful to use him as an example.

Lebron has said multiple times that working with Hakeem on his post game after the Dallas series was huge. Also saying it says more about you than the nba I mostly meant that it doesn't say anything, because it's baseless. Nearly every team has at least 1 post player. That's all. Lebrons go to is to back down in the post and lower his shoulder. It's certainly not a jump shot.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

You left out the part where he takes three steps and uses a stiff arm,
on his way to the basket.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Rod, exactly. Guy could foul out and travel 10 times a game.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

This article detailed back in '10 does a statistical analysis on Lebron and his fouling situation.

http://www.emptythebench.com/2010/01/26 ... mes-fouls/
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Lebron's Post Play

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Love that article. Great share.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund