A Great Day for Boston

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
ramster
Frank Keaney

A Great Day for Boston

Unread post by ramster »

Two of the most incredible comebacks that I have ever seen on the same day.
Patriots over New Orleans
Patriots had half of the fans leave with 4 minutes to go when they failed to convert on 4th down
Then Brady threw the interception and the fans continued to run for the exits.
Absolutely amazing that with a minute to go Brady takes the team the length of the field and hits an undrafted receiver for the TD. AND on top of that he had no time outs left having exhausted them to hold New Orleans on downs TWICE. The Patriots defense really stepped up in the last 4 minutes.
The look on Ryan's face was absolutely priceless.
What an unbelievable comback win.

Red Sox over Detroit
Red Sox get only one hit, in the 9th inning no less, on Saturday night and have 17 guys strike out
Sunday night Red Sox have NO hits going into the 6th inning. They already have 13 guys strike out.
I could not, nor could the announcers, understand why the Red Sox had nobody warming up in the Bull Pen when Buckholtz was getting rocked and the Tigers went on to what seemed like an insurmountable 5-0 lead.
Then the amazing 8th inning.
Torii Hunter came scarily close to catching Big Papi's Grand Slam Home Run to tie the game at 5-5.
Then the bottom of the 9th win.

An amazing day for Boston Sports.
0 x
Essam
Steve Chubin

Re: A Great Day for Boston

Unread post by Essam »

Great day in Bean town. I haven't come down to earth yet. Heres hoping for an elite 8 win to make it a trifecta.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Yeah, that was a crazy evening! Patriots pull it off and then the Sox!!
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Sunday wasn't as good for New England. Just saw the video of a blonde getting punched after the game. Too bad the Pats weren't as aggressive.
I noticed that no foul was called after the punch. I guess if the Jet had pushed another person into her, he would have drawn the flag.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Frustrating game for sure, but I think it was good to get Gronk back. Now they just need Amendola. I still think Pats go 11-5.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

I sure hope you're right, SB. However, I'm not very confident in this offense. You can't count on Amendola. I love the kid, but he can't stay on the field. Brady doesn't look good, either.
The O line is a disappointment. Brady could get killed this season. I just don't see how they can be that improved, even with Gronk. A big part of his success was having Welker and Hernandez on the field. Defenses can concentrate more on him. Also hate the play calling from McDaniels.
Without Talib, the secondary is toast. Mayo is a big loss. I can't remember when a team has lost most of the people they can't afford to lose.
I put the most blame on the coach/gm. He assembled this team. Brady deserve better at this stage of his carrer.
0 x