Fantasy Football

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Fantasy Football

Unread post by Running Ram »

I'm sure someone or other on this forum likes Fantasy Football as much as I do. Maybe we can get a dialog going (or someone can just amuse me by answering my start/sit questions or tell me I'm an awesome GM, great trade etc...)

So this week I have to decide on two of these three D Wilson (ny) , A Gates (sd) and J Thomas (den). as of now I have Thomas and Wilson in my line up, but I'm looking for a way to get Gates in there.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
gorhody
Abdul Fox

Re: Fantasy Football

Unread post by gorhody »

What's the scoring system?
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

bench wilson especially in a PPR league, he did nothing last week and don't see much for him in the future
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

standard scoring, flex league, I have such a hard time benching a RB for a TE but I think you might be right twisted, Manning's gonna keep giving Thomas the targets and Gates is Rivers security blanket, it just that someone has to run the ball for the giants and it isn't going to be Jacobs.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
gorhody
Abdul Fox

Unread post by gorhody »

I'd definitely start Thomas, I don't think he is showing any signs of slowing down. Wilson is probably the safer play, but I'd play Gates. Wilson should eventually gain some value, but based on last week it looks like the Giants want to spread the ball around to all their RBs as much as possible. Wilson also has very little chance of scoring as they are giving Jacobs the goal line work, and Nicks and Meyers are big redzone targets.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

100% start Thomas..I would give David Wilson one more chance to prove himself against a poor Carolina run D...
.Yes he is in Tom Coughlin's doghouse, but he is the Giants starter and without question has a lot of talent..I feel like hes due to breakout and against a defense that's been giving up around 19ppg against opposing RB's this is the game he does it.....I'm aalso not sold on Rivers and the Chargers offense yet....I would start Wilson and Thomas
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

So Thomas is a lock. gates or wilson? wilson or gates? Also floyd is out with the neck so gates should be even more focal this week, its a tough call for sure. I didn't mention yet that I got Wilson this week in trade so I'm kinda itchin to start him.

Thanks for the input guys, be sure to keep up the good advice because I'm a restless GM so I need lots of talking down throughout the season, especially when it comes to frequent trades and add/drops.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

I picked up Eddie Royal as a free agent this week and I'm popping him right into my lineup, benching Edelman. Not sure about the move but don't like the idea of Revis guarding him. I'd leave your lineup as is, don't trust Wilson or Gates; go with the RB. I have the same problem with Ridley; I'm thinking he breaks out this week. What do you guys think? I love fantasy football, just started last year and got hooked.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

standard league or ppr? also how many WRs do you start and who are your other receivers? Royal is a good play for the same reason Gates could be big, because Floyd is out this week, but Edelman is also still in line for 9 to 10 targets at least, Revis or no...
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Standard league. Brandon Marshall my other receiver, will flex either Tavon Austin or Lamar Miller or possibly Edelman. Have Antonio Brown too but things arn't looking so good in Pitt. so far this year, think I'm leaving him on bench this week.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

I'd probably go royal/austin of the four or possibly royal/miller since we're talking standard league.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

that's my thinking too. we'll see how it goes.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

hope you went with Gates and if not don't feel bad. I left Cameron on the bench thinking Hoyer would have a bad day
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

I went with Wilson, won't make that mistake again, the New York Football Giants are possibly as bad as the Jaguars, I mean their offensive line is a straight up joke. I feel bad for anyone who drafted cruz or nicks, Eli is never going to be in the pocket long enough to throw the deep ball if yesterday is any indication. They were so bad I couldn't even bring myself to blast the giants fans at work today, I just feel too bad for them.
Twisted, that's the kind of sit that makes me want to punch myself in the eye, sorry bro that's rough. You gonna pull out the win anyway? because that eases the pain a whole bunch.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

i'm up 59 points and he has Peyton, Moreno and J. Thomas tonight so it's going to be close. It ended up being a 14 point mistake (Cameron had 24, Johnson had 10)
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Well I played Austin and Royal and don't you know Antonio goes for 31. Not my year so far.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Twisted, you won right? good win.
UCH sorry about Brown, I gave some bad advice there, that game from him this week wasn't even on my radar. Maybe the Steelers play from behind a bunch this year and Brown gets big chunks in the second half of most games?
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

yeah I won, took down EZBuckets lol

I wouldn't worry about Brown, didn't see that coming and you had better options (I'd even consider trying to trade him for more reliable WR or any other need you have)
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

good call, try selling high on Brown this week. Look at the team with Eddie Lacey on it, see if they could use a wide out and offer a 1 for 1 deal for Brown. Green Bay decided they'll run block this year. Lacey's been out with the concussion and this week is a bye week so whoever has him has been making due without him to this point or look at Frank Gore, slow start, but a good ball player on a good team, his best weeks are definitely ahead of him. This, of course if you need a RB upgrade, but you get the point. Plenty of games left to make your playoffs and once your in its a new season.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Running Ram, not a bad idea! My running back situation deteriorated 1st qtr game 1 with Ridley fumble and benching. Lamar Miller hasn't done anything as my original flex/ RB3. Do have Adrian P but now Bilal Powell is my RB2!!!!! Who'd of thought that??? Plus I have Kaepernick. Enough said there. Everything I did last year turned out great, and I won the league. Exact opposite this year. But haven't given up, made 3 roster moves this week!!!!
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Pick one please......Bernard Pierce (@Buf), Lamar Miller (@No) Darren Sproles (@ Mia)?
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

I just benched Larry Fitz to try out Josh Gordon. Am I stupid?

1 pt per reception league.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

if you're still asking studley in a PPR league I'd go Sproles otherwise I'd go Miller
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

ATP hope you didn't lose by about 6 or 7, either way I like your receivers. I'm jealous of the Gordon owner in my league and pissed at myself for turning my nose up to Gordon on draft day.

Yeah studley, hopefully you didn't play pierce, I feel like Sproles or Miller is a toss up, but they'll both top Pierce's .9 pts.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Fitzy delivered better than his replacement on my team. I should know better.

I am poised to win 2 of my games this week.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Barring a 30+ point performance from Mike Wallace (and zero from Lamar Miller) I will pick up much needed victory #2. Hope I didn't jinx myself.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I'm 4-0 in one league, and 0-4 in the other league. Nothing like some yin and yang!
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

SGreenwell wrote:I'm 4-0 in one league, and 0-4 in the other league. Nothing like some yin and yang!
I'd be willing to bet that you were more pleased with your 0-4 team's draft than your 4-0 team. I've found some of my conventional FF thinking has been very wrong so far this season.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Running Ram wrote:
SGreenwell wrote:I'm 4-0 in one league, and 0-4 in the other league. Nothing like some yin and yang!
I'd be willing to bet that you were more pleased with your 0-4 team's draft than your 4-0 team. I've found some of my conventional FF thinking has been very wrong so far this season.
hahaha, Actually, here's the thing... I normally draft really well. I go in with a spreadsheet, and the 4-0 team, I co-own it with a buddy. I'm horrible when it comes to the week-to-week maintenance and monitoring the waiver wire... which is what he's awesome at. I get attached to the guys I draft, whereas he has a good feel for what guys we can safely cut and then pick up again. My 0-4 team was really competitive the first three weeks, just ran into guys having a much better day, but the fourth week was a bit of a mess.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

well that sucked to wake up to, Calvin is out so I had to bench him and I benched Stafford
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

The Lions are just terrible without Calvin, I also have Stafford and couldn't get myself to bench him in favor of Pryor...should have, but ended up winning on the strength of Alshon Jeffery's afternoon, whom I last minute subbed in for Amendola (phew!) I also flexed Wilson instead of Julius Thomas (oops), I'm about to be 4 and 1 so no complaining here.

Next year I'm thinking we should have a Keaney Blue FFL, What sites does everyone use? I(we) use YahooSports and it's not bad at all, lots of live stat options and well organized research options etc. Any thoughts?
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

yahoo>>>espn for fantasy football
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Agreed. Can't stand ESPN for FF. Yahoo all the way.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Definitely Yahoo, and I would be all for a Keaney Blue league next year!!
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Yahoo all the way. There stat tracker is the best.

...and espn screwed me out of a win on a stat correction last thursday, two days after my W had gone in the standings.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

i use ESPN but can jump on Yahoo. count me in!
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

If anybody is in dire need of a WR right now then jump on Harry Douglas in ATL. Sounds like Roddy could miss a week or two as well so they have to throw to somebody since teams will triple team Gonzalez now.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

I grabbed Garrett Graham who may come in very handy for me at TE. Do I bench Heath Miller for him?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

UCH21377 wrote:I grabbed Garrett Graham who may come in very handy for me at TE. Do I bench Heath Miller for him?
Thats a good pickup with Daniels out for awhile. Tough call on the start over Heath. TEs can be so unpredictable from week to week. I have Miller on one team as well and plan on starting him over Fleener I think.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

I got a gut feeling on Heath this week.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

stay with Heath, Big Ben loves Heath
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

I'm glad the consensus is Yahoo, I've used CBS sports, ESPN and Yahoo, definitely think Yahoo is the best, also glad there is enough interest in it. We can throw out ideas for ground rules/preferences etc... Standard scoring, standard roster, flex roster, ppr... I know with the level of sports acumen we have in this forum it ought to be a competitive league.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Alright guys, what do you think. Reggie Wayne or Antonio Brown. League is PPR.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

I think Reggie Wayne, IND>PIT and the Jets defense isn't bad
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Thats kind of how I am leaning as well.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

sorry for the bad advice Adam, hope you still won

I pulled off a miracle this week, up 3 going into MNF he had Gates and I was done and Gates only got 2 points
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

twisted3829 wrote:sorry for the bad advice Adam, hope you still won

I pulled off a miracle this week, up 3 going into MNF he had Gates and I was done and Gates only got 2 points
No worries! I did still end up winning anyway, Moreno's 3TDs made nothing else really matter. Although the one person I didnt mention is who I really should have started anyway. Justin Blackmon has been amazing these first two games back and he has been squarely on my bench both times.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

I drafted Blackmon in both leagues and played him in both weeks
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

twisted3829 wrote:I drafted Blackmon in both leagues and played him in both weeks
Thats awesome! I had just picked him up off the wire in Week 3 anticipating his comeback but have had a hard time convincing myself to start him so far. I have Brandon Marshall, Reggie Wayne, Antonio Brown and Blackmon now at WR so its kind of tough deciding which 2 to start each week at this point.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Adam, I actually think Blackmon is your lock at this point until he proves otherwise, its the other 3 for 1 going forward. If you said Jax would have a lead for 40 minutes combined for the rest of the season, I'd bet the under and you know what that means for JBlack. I'd also start putting trade proposals together to upgrade some other need.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!