OT-Baseball season

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Re: OT-Baseball season

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

I like The Hebrew Hammer. He's my favorite player, who by the way he plays the game,
is good for baseball.
Instead, Bud Light is trying to destroy him, with little regard for the damage this will do to the game.
ARod and the others are collateral damage. Braun is the target, and they've gone as far as
offering to cut a deal on prosecution of Biogenisis to get him.
Pretty shabby stuff.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Is it a personal vendetta against Braun if MLB does in fact have proof that he purchased/acquired PEDs from Biogenesis? That would be, even if you never heard of his previous PED "situation", a valid independent instance punishable under the agreement signed by MLBPA and MLB.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

My question is why do they care so much? Is Biogenesis the only lab like it in the world? And are its clients the only baseball players using such products? If the answer to those questions are "no," then MLB is singling this lab and these players out, and I suspect that the reason they are doing so is because Selig hates Braun because Braun shat on Selig's vanity project.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

TruePoint wrote:My question is why do they care so much? Is Biogenesis the only lab like it in the world? And are its clients the only baseball players using such products? If the answer to those questions are "no," then MLB is singling this lab and these players out, and I suspect that the reason they are doing so is because Selig hates Braun because Braun shat on Selig's vanity project.
Well its the only one they have this much evidence on. Should you not go after criminals because there are other people commiting the same crimes but getting away with them?
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Bah! I've used HGH. BFD. You can get it online.
Use of steroids and testosterone isn't a crime, per se, either.
All body builders use them openly.
This is Selig as Inspector Javert, chasing his obsession, Jean Valjean.
To hell with the consequences, as long as he can bring his nemesis down.
This could also account for Braun being in one of his worst slumps in memory.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:My question is why do they care so much? Is Biogenesis the only lab like it in the world? And are its clients the only baseball players using such products? If the answer to those questions are "no," then MLB is singling this lab and these players out, and I suspect that the reason they are doing so is because Selig hates Braun because Braun shat on Selig's vanity project.
Well its the only one they have this much evidence on. Should you not go after criminals because there are other people commiting the same crimes but getting away with them?
I get what you're saying, but to piggyback off of your analogy, would you feel the same way if the chief of police in your town devoted all of its resources to just follow around the same person 24/7 until they caught him rolling through a stop sign or driving home from a restaurant after having two drinks because the chief suspected that person had an affair with his wife? Would you believe the cops when they said they "found" some drugs in his car?

It isn't so much that I think Braun is innocent as it is that I think the process they used to go after him is suspect to the point of being a witch hunt. I can't say with any confidence that MLB wouldn't intimidate or coerce this lab owner into fabricated testimony or evidence.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Yeah, you make a valid point. I didn't mean to come off as necessarily defending them, or to give the impression that I care if guys are using PED's, I was just offering up a reason why they are going after people from this particular lab.

To be honest, I really have no problem with guys using PEDs if they decide they want to go that route. I'm skeptical it gives that much of an advantage in baseballl in the first place. Unless it helps in injury recovery as some say.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I really couldn't care less about who is taking what and when, but players' comments when they've been caught and then suspended are some of the stupidest things you're going to hear... Braun with his, "I now realize" nonsense.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ace wrote:I really couldn't care less about who is taking what and when, but players' comments when they've been caught and then suspended are some of the stupidest things you're going to hear... Braun with his, "I now realize" nonsense.
Yeah absolutely ridiculous.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Like I've said. Only baseball is going out of its way to
cut off its nose to spite its face.
Throwing players under the bus, isn't going to put fans in the seats or in front of their TVs.
NFL and NBA are rampant in PED use. Once in a while, some scrub is throw to the wolves,
but rarely big name players.
If Crud Selig was worried about the future of the game, he would institute two simple rules.
1. If a batter steps out of the box during an at bat, it's a strike.
2. If a pitcher takes longer than 15 seconds to throw a pitch, then it's a ball.
Look at box scores pre-1970 and look at the game times. Under two hour
games were not uncommon.
Three and a half hours of watching some guy roam around,scratching his ass and spitting
all over the place, or watching some piitcher looking like he's giving birth, before throwing
a pitch, doesn't sell tickets or get viewers.
Listening Crud?
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Anyone know anything about why the Ocean State Waves (19-12 on the season so far, 3rd best record in the league) would fire their manager?

http://www.independentri.com/sports/art ... e8024.html
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ATPTourFan wrote:Anyone know anything about why the Ocean State Waves (19-12 on the season so far, 3rd best record in the league) would fire their manager?

No, and Davidson basically built the team. He was a former Tollgate HS Player and RI Player of the year who played at North Carolina State. He put a lot into organizing and getting this Ocean State Waves Team off the ground and playing their home games at Old Mountain Field. Will be interesting to hear what comes out about this surprise.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ATPTourFan wrote:Anyone know anything about why the Ocean State Waves (19-12 on the season so far, 3rd best record in the league) would fire their manager?

Koch had been tweeting about it alot lately. Definitely sounds like something strange was going on there...
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

The Philly hate level of Papelbon is at an all time high.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

ace wrote:The Philly hate level of Papelbon is at an all time high.
I liked him for the first few years he was in Boston, but I quickly grew tired of his act (let alone his drop in FB velocity, his massive dip in K rate, and his heart attack saves). I don't get the Sox fans that still miss him... no way he's worth the kind of money the Phils are paying him.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

SmartyBarrett wrote:
ace wrote:The Philly hate level of Papelbon is at an all time high.
I liked him for the first few years he was in Boston, but I quickly grew tired of his act (let alone his drop in FB velocity, his massive dip in K rate, and his heart attack saves). I don't get the Sox fans that still miss him... no way he's worth the kind of money the Phils are paying him.
I hated the signing from day 1, which was somewhat justified. Now, it's completely justified.

His lack of accountability and general stupidity are tough to take.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Is he still doing that "Cinco ocho" nonsense?
I got tired of his act a long time ago.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Not so much with the cinco ocho, but the stupid stare/face thing is still going strong.

And his whole "I didn't come here for this" did not go over so well. Guess what, the GM (who I have enough problems with) didn't sign you to pitch like crap, either.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Oh, the "I'm sucking lemons to look tough", face?
Also tiresome.
Too bad the Phils went from top of the pack to mediocre.
Why did they trade Hunter Pence for not much?
Injuries to Howard ,Rollins and Utley have killed them, too.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Papelbon's biggest problem is that he is incredibly stupid. I don't think he is a bad guy, he is just really not very smart at all. That obviously isn't his only problem, but all of his other problems can be traced back to that. They are all a result of his overwhelming lack of intellect and self awareness.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

TruePoint wrote:Papelbon's biggest problem is that he is incredibly stupid. I don't think he is a bad guy, he is just really not very smart at all. That obviously isn't his only problem, but all of his other problems can be traced back to that. They are all a result of his overwhelming lack of intellect and self awareness.
I was a Papelbon fan when he was in Boston, but he always seemed to be a Nuke LaLoosh-type ..... million dollar arm and five-cent head.
Last edited by Rhody74 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Curt Schilling is being inducted into the Phillies Wall of Fame tonight at the ballpark...

0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Bump. It's fun to read through some of these in hindsight.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

A season I won't forget, start to finish!
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Amen.
0 x