The Patriot Way

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
rambone 78
Frank Keaney
Posts: 10170
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1010

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread postby rambone 78 » 2 weeks ago

Couldn't stay up to watch the 2nd half of last night's opener.

Was shocked to see the score....21-0 Chiefs in the 4th quarter?

Unusual to say the least.....but if the Pats don't shore up that defense, they've got problems.

KC is good though, they have weapons. The Pats will still waltz thru their division.
0 x

User avatar
Rhodymob05
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 2045
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
x 330

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread postby Rhodymob05 » 2 weeks ago

Went to the game, fantastic trophy ceremony. The game started off great, first drive TD followed by a KC turnover. The rest was bla. Red zone scoring was terrible. Was not a fan of the play calling at all. Not enough guys down field and the run game wasn't effective enough. Injuries don't help. Both sides of the ball lost key players, Hightower and Amendola. Hopefully they're back at some point. Also, kick-off team was hurting us bad. New team, new season, they will adjust. GO PATS!
0 x
RHODE ISLAND RAMS 2017 A10 CHAMPS

eli#10
ARD
Posts: 724
Joined: 4 years ago
x 83

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread postby eli#10 » 2 weeks ago

GREAT start to the NFL season last night!

Watch out for the New York Football Giants. Their defense has a great chance to be the best in the NFL this year.
1 x

User avatar
NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2803
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: West K
x 398

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread postby NYGFan_Section208 » 2 weeks ago

Without reading the story...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2063 ... el-elliott

...looks like...the feds hate the Pats, too? (lol...nice)
0 x

User avatar
RhowdyRam02
Sly Williams
Posts: 3713
Joined: 4 years ago
x 855

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread postby RhowdyRam02 » 1 week ago

eli#10 wrote:GREAT start to the NFL season last night!

Watch out for the New York Football Giants. Their defense has a great chance to be the best in the NFL this year.


I trust you enjoyed last night. How bout them Cowboys!
0 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

rambone 78
Frank Keaney
Posts: 10170
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1010

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread postby rambone 78 » 1 week ago

Not sure how good the Cowboys D is.......although the Giants made them look good.
0 x

User avatar
NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2803
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: West K
x 398

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread postby NYGFan_Section208 » 1 week ago

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
eli#10 wrote:GREAT start to the NFL season last night!

Watch out for the New York Football Giants. Their defense has a great chance to be the best in the NFL this year.


I trust you enjoyed last night. How bout them Cowboys!


Not at all...was great 'suck'ery.... :x
I had a bad feeling from the outset, as soon as I saw McAdoo's 'do......what WAS that???
It almost looked like he was trying to single-handedly influence petroleum prices with that thing...
0 x

User avatar
Rhodymob05
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 2045
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
x 330

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread postby Rhodymob05 » 1 week ago

Just wanna say, the girl who sang the national anthem during the broncos game was outstanding. God Bless America.
0 x
RHODE ISLAND RAMS 2017 A10 CHAMPS

EGram
Kenny Green
Posts: 201
Joined: 3 years ago
x 81

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread postby EGram » 5 days ago

After today all us Pats fans can exhale now...

All those injuries to WRs and Gronk is scary tho. We badly need Amendola and Mitchell back.

Wise looks like a total steal in the 4th rd. 2 sacks in games so far and basically our best DL imo.
0 x

rambone 78
Frank Keaney
Posts: 10170
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1010

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread postby rambone 78 » 4 days ago

I wouldn't get too excited about the Pats being back just yet.

Injuries are mounting....Brady threw 2 picks that were nullified by penalties.....

And the Saints are the worst defensive team in the NFL....and no one is close.

The Pats should be glad that they are in a division full of patsies.........they could win that division with their eyes closed.
0 x

User avatar
SGreenwell
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 1815
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Narragansett, RI
x 56
Contact:

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread postby SGreenwell » 4 days ago

rambone 78 wrote:Brady threw 2 picks that were nullified by penalties.....

To be fair to him, it seemed like he knew the penalties were on the Saints both plays, and tried to force a big play on a "free" play. At least, that's how it seemed from the radio broadcast.
0 x

Shaolin Swat
Lamar Odom
Posts: 331
Joined: 2 years ago
x 41

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread postby Shaolin Swat » 4 days ago

There was one specifically (the 12 men on the field penalty), where he just threw the ball up in the air to see if his receiver could make a play. Can't remember the other interception or the penalty that got it nullified.
0 x

ramfan85
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2787
Joined: 5 years ago
x 206

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread postby ramfan85 » 4 days ago

Both interceptions were on penalty plays. Fortunately, Brady knows the rules better than the refs.
I think every game is going to be a struggle.
It seems like half of the team showed up for training camp on the IR.
Injuries are going to hurt this team this year.
How many games willl they get from Gronk, Hightower and Amendola? They always miss games.
There's no replacement anywhere in sight for Edelman.
A lot of issues on defense.
And, believe it or not, Miami could be a factor this year. With all the jokes about Cutler, if he ever puts it all together, they could make a run.
0 x

User avatar
SGreenwell
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 1815
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Narragansett, RI
x 56
Contact:

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread postby SGreenwell » 4 days ago

ramfan85 wrote:Both interceptions were on penalty plays. Fortunately, Brady knows the rules better than the refs.
I think every game is going to be a struggle.
It seems like half of the team showed up for training camp on the IR.
Injuries are going to hurt this team this year.
How many games willl they get from Gronk, Hightower and Amendola? They always miss games.
There's no replacement anywhere in sight for Edelman.
A lot of issues on defense.
And, believe it or not, Miami could be a factor this year. With all the jokes about Cutler, if he ever puts it all together, they could make a run.

I don't really think Cutler will ever put it all together, but I also don't think New England is substantially better than Miami because of all of their injuries. Like if they played 10 times, I'd think the Dolphins would take at least two or three games off of them. (Whereas Buffalo or the Jets, I'd think they would win more like 1-in-100.)
1 x

User avatar
RhowdyRam02
Sly Williams
Posts: 3713
Joined: 4 years ago
x 855

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread postby RhowdyRam02 » 4 days ago

SGreenwell wrote:
rambone 78 wrote:Brady threw 2 picks that were nullified by penalties.....

To be fair to him, it seemed like he knew the penalties were on the Saints both plays, and tried to force a big play on a "free" play. At least, that's how it seemed from the radio broadcast.


One of the picks was when the Saints had 12 men on the field. Brady hurried up and threw it in the general direction of the 12th guy running off the field. No one on the Patriots seemed to even move much.
1 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

User avatar
RhowdyRam02
Sly Williams
Posts: 3713
Joined: 4 years ago
x 855

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread postby RhowdyRam02 » 4 days ago

We're still waiting for Cutler to put it all together? He's been in the league long enough where I think we can safely say he is what he is now.
0 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

ramfan85
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2787
Joined: 5 years ago
x 206

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread postby ramfan85 » 4 days ago

RhowdyRam02 wrote:We're still waiting for Cutler to put it all together? He's been in the league long enough where I think we can safely say he is what he is now.


Maybe I should have said "if he doesn't screw things up too much." Lol.
He can throw deep, however. That's something Miami hasn't had in a long time.
It is, however, more about Pats injuries than anything else.
I'm still nervous about that team. Of course, I get nervous before every game.
2 x

User avatar
STC
Art Stephenson
Posts: 943
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Quahog
x 72

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread postby STC » 4 days ago

I will give smokin' Jay credit, he's getting paid $10 million to spend a few months in south beach and his wife is super hot.

Wish I could have that life.
0 x


Return to “All Pro Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest