RI DOT

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RI DOT

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Kudos and thanks to the RI DOT...Trees and huge branches down last night from the storm, blocking our driveway and the road around midnight. Woke up this morning and all was moved to the side. Then they came back later today and not only picked up all that shtuff, but cut off some other major branches and hauled that away, too. Guy had to be 70' off the ground in a cherry picker bucket with a chain saw...amazing work.

I know they still have lots more to do around here following the storm, but what I could see from my tiny viewpoint was pretty impressive. GREAT JOB.
3 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: RI DOT

Unread post by TruePoint »

It's cool to see this because normally the only time anyone ever talks about a government service (or any service, for that matter) is to complain about it and how it is impacting them.
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Wish they could get rid of the two downed trees in my yard. A large pine tree snapped last night falling and taking down a 2nd pine tree. Fortunately, it was in the corner of my yard and did not impact my home or that of my closest neighbor. Just fell onto the lawn. I heard it hit the ground last night just before 2am and went out in the rain and wind to investigate. Now have a big felled tree which must be removed. Never lost power.
MMS Tree-5.jpg
Last edited by RF1 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

It would be nice if they got the tree off Narragnsett Ave East
0 x