Crimetown

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Crimetown

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

I'm a little late to this party, but if anyone (especially the RI natives) hasn't checked out the podcast Crimetown yet, put it on your to-do list. An incredibly thorough and entertaining look at the history of crime in Providence. I marathoned it in about a week and a half - just finished today. Would be interested to here what others thought of it.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Crimetown

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Yea pretty cool Stuff and very cool if you live in ri and know exactly what they're talking about.
0 x
GO RAMS
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I had a fun one man drinking game with this, any time they mentioned a person I've met or a place I'd been (I didn't get too drunk playing this game, Rhode Island is a small place so there was just enough of these occurrences to keep me busy). Absolutely recommended to anyone that grew up in or lives in RI.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I'm about halfway through it so far. Will definitely agree with everyone else that its very entertaining.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

I went to the Crimetown Live event at Columbus theater in Providence. Saw Bobby Walason, Jerry Tillinghast, Gloria Kennedy, Mike Stanton. The podcast is fantastic and would recommend it to anyone.
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Ram1019 wrote:I went to the Crimetown Live event at Columbus theater in Providence. Saw Bobby Walason, Jerry Tillinghast, Gloria Kennedy, Mike Stanton. The podcast is fantastic and would recommend it to anyone.
Ha, I was at the same show! My friends apparently parked in a lot belonging to a friend of Walason. They parked there, and the guy said, "Are you friends of Bobby? You're here for the show? You can park here for free then."
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Yeah, being from RI and knowing a lot of the places they were talking about made everything a lot more vivid.
0 x