Looking For Advice On Fun Video Games to KIll Time With This Summer

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Looking For Advice On Fun Video Games to KIll Time With This Summer

Unread post by EGram »

I had a freak accident 9 months ago and nearly lost my right leg + suffered a concussion. Recovery has gone well but it seems I'm going to be sitting around on my ps4/ and PC most of this summer so I'm looking for new games.

I like most genres, currently finishing the Witcher 3 and XCOM. I've gone through a ton of games since I got back from the hospital FFXV, FF-X Premaster, Bloodborne (again!), Dark Souls 3, Darkest Dungeon, Even tried one of the recent Cal of Duty games and thought it was OK.

Games I'm looking at grabbing currently are Nioh, Nier Automata, and possibly Persona 5. But I know I've missed a ton of good games as I had not played much the past few years until I got this injury. I also have PSNOW if anyone can recommend some games to try on it.

If anyone plays EVE online or WoW I'm considering getting back into these if I find some people to play with. MMO's are always fantastic time killers!
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: Looking For Advice On Fun Video Games to KIll Time With This Summer

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Not sure if it's available on PS Now or if you've already played it, but Red Dead Redemption was amazing and was considered the game of the year for 2010 by many people. With Red Dead Redemption 2 looking at a release of October 3rd, going through RDR 1 before that one comes out would be a nice way to kill some time. If you're not familiar with Red Dead Redemption, it's by the same people that made Grand Theft Auto and is a really fun and deep Western game.

Get well soon!
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

Thanks Rhowdy,

RDR is actually something I had been planning to play for a while and I just learned is on PSNOW so i'll def try that out soon. Not a massive fan of open world games but I really liked the Western setting.

Just got back from my Surgeon the other day and he said he was amazed I was walking around unsupported. He apparently thought I might die and would surely lose my leg at first. Now I'm walking around with just a slight limp although I still have a year or so of physical therapy to go through.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

EGram wrote:I had a freak accident 9 months ago and nearly lost my right leg + suffered a concussion. Recovery has gone well but it seems I'm going to be sitting around on my ps4/ and PC most of this summer so I'm looking for new games.

I like most genres, currently finishing the Witcher 3 and XCOM. I've gone through a ton of games since I got back from the hospital FFXV, FF-X Premaster, Bloodborne (again!), Dark Souls 3, Darkest Dungeon, Even tried one of the recent Cal of Duty games and thought it was OK.

Games I'm looking at grabbing currently are Nioh, Nier Automata, and possibly Persona 5. But I know I've missed a ton of good games as I had not played much the past few years until I got this injury. I also have PSNOW if anyone can recommend some games to try on it.

If anyone plays EVE online or WoW I'm considering getting back into these if I find some people to play with. MMO's are always fantastic time killers!
If you like XCom, the sequel kind of quietly came out for PS4 in the past year. I think it's around $20 now.

It's a bit maligned, but I like No Man's Sky - it's low stakes, low pressure exploring for the most part. Some of the patches have made it a much better game, and also, you can find it for $10 to $15 on Amazon and eBay at times.

Persona 5 is supposed to be incredible. I have and loved Persona 3, 4 and Q. It's a different kind of game, since it prioritizes relationship building along with RPG combat, so it might not be your cup of tea. But people who love the series REALLY love the series. It's in my queue to tackle once I finish FF15. (I tend to only buy games once they get deep price cuts, since I have a big backlog to play as is, haha.)

Horizon Zero Dawn just came out in the past two months, and that's also supposed to be an excellent action-RPG. I haven't played it yet, but that's also high in my queue.

And - If you liked FF15, the FF13 series is OK. It's nothing special, and downright frustrating at times, but there are some neat mechanics in the second and third games, and the first game has a decent narrative. All three of the games are available for $5 to $15 each too, so they're decent time killers.
0 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

SGreenwell wrote: IF you like XCom, the sequel kind of quietly came out for PS4 in the past year. I think it's around $20 now.

It's a bit maligned, but I like No Man's Sky - it's low stakes, low pressure exploring for the most part. Some of the patches have made it a much better game, and also, you can find it for $10 to $15 on Amazon and eBay at times.

Persona 5 is supposed to be incredible. I have and loved Persona 3, 4 and Q. It's a different kind of game, since it prioritizes relationship building along with RPG combat, so it might not be your cup of tea. But people who love the series REALLY love the series. It's in my queue to tackle once I finish FF15. (I tend to only buy games once they get deep price cuts, since I have a big backlog to play as is, haha.)

Horizon Zero Dawn just came out in the past two months, and that's also supposed to be an excellent action-RPG. I haven't played it yet, but that's also high in my queue.

And - If you liked FF15, the FF13 series is OK. It's nothing special, and downright frustrating at times, but there are some neat mechanics in the second and third games, and the first game has a decent narrative. All three of the games are available for $5 to $15 each too, so they're decent time killers.

heh, I'm the same way with waiting for games to get discounted. FF15 got discounted so fast I bought it for 40 bucks 5 weeks after release. Currently waiting for Nioh HZD, Nier, ME:A to go down in price.

Like many people my age FF7 was my fav game ever when I first played in back in 97. I've played every FF game from 7 to modern day except the 13 sequels and 12. I agree 13 is not the terrible game people make it out to be just has some pretty massive flaws and making the player do nothing but go through corridors and fight boring random battles.

Do you like XV so far? I thought it had fun combat, and overall 85% GOTY worthy but the story execution felt disjointed and the plot sketchy.

I'm sort of torn on Persona. I feel indifferent towards Anime and i'm not a Japanophile but some of my fav games ever are Japanese RPGs. How is the combat I guess? I like traditional FF type combat recently I've fallen in love with the Souls/BB style arpgs. Haha the Witcher even on the 2nd hardest difficulty feels so easy in comparison!
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

For FF15, I'm a couple hours into chapter three, when the game first really opens up - I'm a fan so far. I'm mostly doing fetch quests instead of completing the main story, because I like to chase things down like that. Fun, but man, so many load times! I'll definitely stick with it and beat it, barring a major annoying factor, and I'll probably platinum it, since the trophy guide for it isn't too daunting. (FF13's was ridiculous - it required you to craft every item and weapon, I think, which would have added another 50 hours.)

FF13-2 and 13-3 have interesting game mechanics that they don't really do much with, unfortunately. 13-2, you can time travel to various points along the timeline... but it's ultimately disappointing at the end. 13-3, there are a finite number of monsters in the game, and you can hunt them to extinction. However, the "do everything in 13 days" thing presents an artificial timeline on things.

Persona seems way more anime and dating sim than it is. It's more tongue-in-cheek, fourth wall breaking at times than a full embracing of anime. I'm not sure about P5, but P3 and P4 were traditional turn-based combat, with a big emphasis on hitting enemy weak points.

I was hyped for Mass Effect: Andromeda, until the reviews came out. It sounds awkward and buggy, so, I'll wait until it hits the discount bin, and hopefully some of the issues are patched out of it.
1 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

Now I wanna go play XV again. Game could be magical at times... Was actually planning to buy ff6 and break out my ps1 FF 4 cd I fond lying around but my ps3 might be broken as the TV is not sensing the AV input and the HDMI input is too warped to work. They really need to get to work on having all those zillions of older games on ps4.

Yeah ME2 is one of my favorite games ever along with much of Biowares old stuff like Baldurs Gate, KOTR, Dragon Age Origins But I've heard the same things and while ME:3 and DA:inquisition are solid games they are pretty easy and dumbed down compared to old Bioware RPGs. So, between that the disappointment of DA2 and the lousy reviews ill wait until ME:A is cheap also. All bioware games discount super fast and hard, I bought DA:I for 10 bucks a year after it launched so I expect ME:A to discount super fast also.

Think i'm gonna grab Persona 5. Still not really sure what to expect but lots of people are calling it one of the best RPGs in ages. Last time I gave a shot to a non-mainstream jrpg with great reviews was Demons Souls and that was possibly my favorite game of that generation!
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

re: FF4 and 6, I'd recommend just emulating them. 4 has been re-released a bunch of times, but the only version I really like is the one for my PSP, which is such a finnicky system that I can't recommend snagging one. That PS1 collection, ugh, the load times and what not really bug me. There is a GBA version floating around, but it also has issues, despite adding an extra dungeon.

They released FF7 for the PS4 this year - digital download, I think a port of a cleaned-up PC version for Steam. I liked that quite a bit, since it added in some fast-forwarding options (and cheats), rightly thinking that people would appreciate them.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Puck Frovidence wrote:FALLOUT
Hell yeah, I second that, haha. I think I have a hundred hours each in 3 and 4, and New Vegas is in the stack-o-games to play.

And, since we're talking games, shameless plug time! Two buddies and I host a gaming podcast: https://ypbpodcast.com/ - Mostly pre-2000s games, with random, tangential conversations and what not.
1 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

Are any modern sports games fun? I used to have a ton of fun playing NCAA basketball on the snes but the last sports game I really enjoyed was the EA baseball game from 05 or 06. I've got NBA 2k14 on PSNOW so maybe i'll give that a try but I really can't stand not having up to date rosters and player abilities that reflect reality... It just drives me nuts for some reason when Curt Schilling is throwing a slider with 2 feet of horizontal break instead of 6 inches.

My fallout 4 copy suddenly stopped working like 10hrs into the game so I traded it in to gamestop. I should really get another one as I LOVED New Vegas and 3.

SG I listened to your podcast the other day on Zelda I think. It's pretty good! Have you ever considered doing a video series? I would watch that all the time. I find it way easier to listen to streaming vids more so than podcasts for whatever reason. Game Sack is the show I really like and I think you guys could be a similar but different type show.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I can chime in on the sports games part. If you have a PS4 then MLB The Show is a fantastic game. It's about as close to a perfect sports game as you are going to find in my opinion. And there are guys who put out rosters for the whole league that include real players in all minor league systems. I really recommend it if you're a baseball fan.
3 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

The NHL and FIFA franchises are always very good if you like those sports at all.

It sounds like there's going to be a new NBA game that will be a lot like NBA Jam.

Not exactly modern, but every year from early/mid summer to the beginning of the fall I wear out the last college football game EA made. I always liked that franchise more than Madden and I find it still holds up well. I'm not sure if you can still find people that update the rosters for it.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Also to echo what Adam said, the MLB the Show franchise has historically been very good with accurate attributes. If I had one gripe with it, I didn't find it fun because I found my lack of hitting ability frustrating
0 x
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

I'll echo the MLB The Show talk. They added a bunch of online missions this year that allow you to unlock players and can help pass the time much more than in year's past.

As an added bonus, Ken Griffey Jr. is the cover athlete and there are a couple of Griffey characters that are unlockable.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

EGram wrote:SG I listened to your podcast the other day on Zelda I think. It's pretty good! Have you ever considered doing a video series? I would watch that all the time. I find it way easier to listen to streaming vids more so than podcasts for whatever reason. Game Sack is the show I really like and I think you guys could be a similar but different type show.
Thanks! We did some limited "Let's Play" stuff early on, but it's tough with our various schedules. We basically carve out 90 minutes each week and power through the recording. Video would be tougher, because we're all in different states, plus, I don't really have that kind of equipment. (My primary laptop is from 2012, because it still works and I'm cheap, haha.)

re: Sports games, the last college football game EA did is fun, to echo other remarks. NCAA 14. However, because it was the last one, it's surprisingly still in the $25 to $40 range, depending on what condition you want it in. If you're not sure if you'll like it, I'd recommend buying NCAA 13 - it's probably $5, and it's about 90 percent the same game, just with tweaks to the recruiting and dynasty stuff.

The NBA and MLB (The Show) games are fun, but I usually lack the attention span to play them. Both seasons are just so very, very long to play through video game style. I usually like to play what I call "GM Mode" - I don't play the actual games, instead, I just sim the games and try to general manage the team to victory.
0 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

If you haven't played The Last of Us yet then you should definitely pick that up. Even if you played it on the ps3 I'd say it's worth getting the remastered version and playing again on the pS4. I'm also a huge fan of the Fallout games but I see you already have those. Rocket league is another really fun game that's on the playstation network so it's fairly cheap.

MLB The Show is an awesome game but there's definitely a higher learning curve to it than most sports games. If you're not already a fan of sports games or baseball then it might be kind of frustrating to play.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote:The NBA and MLB (The Show) games are fun, but I usually lack the attention span to play them. Both seasons are just so very, very long to play through video game style. I usually like to play what I call "GM Mode" - I don't play the actual games, instead, I just sim the games and try to general manage the team to victory.
Have you ever played Out of the Park Baseball? I've never played it myself but have heard nothing but good things about it.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
SGreenwell wrote:The NBA and MLB (The Show) games are fun, but I usually lack the attention span to play them. Both seasons are just so very, very long to play through video game style. I usually like to play what I call "GM Mode" - I don't play the actual games, instead, I just sim the games and try to general manage the team to victory.
Have you ever played Out of the Park Baseball? I've never played it myself but have heard nothing but good things about it.
That is another great one if you are into the GM/Owner aspect of things. I play that as well and can definitely recommend it. It goes very very in depth though, so unless you love that kind of thing it can be overwhelming.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

adam914 wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:
That is another great one if you are into the GM/Owner aspect of things. I play that as well and can definitely recommend it. It goes very very in depth though, so unless you love that kind of thing it can be overwhelming.
You're correct, Adam - I played OOTP once, but just found it to be overwhelming, with too many options. And if you hand over your team to the computer AI for certain aspects, they're not quite on the same page as you. I found Baseball Mogul to be more fun, even if it was a bit more simplified. Like, I don't want to manage my farm system down to A-ball.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

SGreenwell wrote:
adam914 wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:
You're correct, Adam - I played OOTP once, but just found it to be overwhelming, with too many options. And if you hand over your team to the computer AI for certain aspects, they're not quite on the same page as you. I found Baseball Mogul to be more fun, even if it was a bit more simplified. Like, I don't want to manage my farm system down to A-ball.
Yeah, exactly. I happen to love that stuff so I get really into it, but can totally see that perspective.
0 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

Think I'm gonna grab Nier:Automata tonight Gamestop has it for 49.99 so it's not technically paying pull price at least. Hopefully MLB the show gets cheaper as I hate paying full price.

Getting a bit bored of Xcmon so I tried some of the Ninja Giaden games on PSNOW since I heard they are supposed to be a challenge but the camera and controls are a bit wonky for me.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

EGram wrote:Think I'm gonna grab Nier:Automata tonight Gamestop has it for 49.99 so it's not technically paying pull price at least. Hopefully MLB the show gets cheaper as I hate paying full price.

Getting a bit bored of Xcmon so I tried some of the Ninja Giaden games on PSNOW since I heard they are supposed to be a challenge but the camera and controls are a bit wonky for me.
If you just want to give it a try, and have a couple days to kill, then Redbox and Gamefly are options. I had Gamefly for a couple years and quite liked it, since there's a simple trick to "guarantee" you get the game you want shipped to you - Just make sure it's the only one in your queue.
0 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

EGram wrote:My fallout 4 copy suddenly stopped working like 10hrs into the game so I traded it in to gamestop. I should really get another one as I LOVED New Vegas and 3.
Dooooooood do it. So worth it. Also Far Harbor is a ginormous DLC when you're ready for it - gives you the Maine coast and like all of Bar Harbor Island and Acadia. Can not tell you how broken hearted I was when I saw the release date on this article from last year lol http://www.geek.com/games/bethesda-unve ... c-1650917/
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Before buying OOTP, if you have an Iphone you can purchase a game MLBM 2017. It's basically a $4.99 lite version of the game, if you find it interesting than the next purchase would be the more expensive OOTP. I like it from the management perspective, making coaching decisions, etc. All rosters are recent, minor leagues included, etc.

I like the Show, but my game has always been NBA. 2k17 is no exception. There are a lot of little subtle improvements that have made the game more enjoyable than past years. Guys who go in for rebounds and tip the ball out. Loose balls that players can chase down. Not going to pretend these happen every play though. Lot of customization if you like that route, can go create your own hybrid league with historical teams, expansion teams, etc. within the last month I started a season, 17 games, 36 teams, just different but fast to work through seasons.

I'm admittedly not into games with extensive story arcs, but I do like the decision-making interactive dramas. Heavy Rain is one of my all-time favorites. As a result, I've gotten into some of the Telltale games, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, etc. I'm not going to pretend they are the best games in the world, but especially with the GOT, loved the way it was set up.
0 x
Shaolin Swat
ARD

I really wanted to like Heavy Rain and I loved the concept of it. I just couldn't get past the controls for the game and the camera angles. The content seemed really cool and interesting, but the controls and camera angles frustrated me too much to enjoy the game.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Shaolin Swat wrote:I really wanted to like Heavy Rain and I loved the concept of it. I just couldn't get past the controls for the game and the camera angles. The content seemed really cool and interesting, but the controls and camera angles frustrated me too much to enjoy the game.
If you like Game of Thrones or Walking Dead, definitely try the Telltale games.
They are pretty cheap to try. GOT is broken into 6 episodes, I believe the first one is free to try and the other 5 cost $9.99.
It's basically a fake season between seasons 3-4, with a few of the real characters worked in.
It's more simplistic in it's controls, based more on the dialogue/decisions versus action/movement decisions like HR.
Definitely not as deep, but I found it interesting as a fan of the show.
0 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

I'm a huge baseball dork to the point of getting sme of my wok published years ago ,and one of my childhood best friends is the Head of Aanalysis at an MLB club so I think I might enjy a good baseball sim. I guess OOTP is the one to get?

IS Dishonored 2 any good? never tried the first but 2 is only 29.99 on PSN and I think it comes with 1 also.

I got Nier Automata and its fantastic . Likely GOTY so far. Go try the Demo on PSN or PC if you have not already1
Last edited by EGram 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
thatRamBand
Kenny Green

Unread post by thatRamBand »

I shared your views on ME:Andromeda (hype train early, a little disappointed) but the latest patch has fixed a lot of gripes I had with it. About 40 hours in and loving it.

Also if you haven't checked out Spec-Ops: The Line, I'd really recommend it. Some of the toughest story decisions I've had to make in a game. Really sucks you in.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

EGram wrote:I'm a huge baseball dork to the point of getting sme of my wok published years ago ,and one of my childhood best friends is the Head of Aanalysis at an MLB club so I think I might enjy a good baseball sim. I guess OOTP is the one to get?
In that case then, I would say yes to OOTP for sure. Just go into it expecting a little bit of a learning curve but once you get it down it's really fun.
0 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

rjsuperfly66 wrote:
Shaolin Swat wrote:I really wanted to like Heavy Rain and I loved the concept of it. I just couldn't get past the controls for the game and the camera angles. The content seemed really cool and interesting, but the controls and camera angles frustrated me too much to enjoy the game.
They are pretty cheap to try. GOT is broken into 6 episodes, I believe the first one is free to try and the other 5 cost $9.99.
It's basically a fake season between seasons 3-4, with a few of the real characters worked in.
It's more simplistic in it's controls, based more on the dialogue/decisions versus action/movement decisions like HR.
Have you played Life is Strange? I played the first episode (it's free on steam or PSN and lasts like 3 hours). Really enjoyed it and although I'm normally not a huge fan of these games I am def gonna buy the rest.
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

I just picked up Elder Scrolls Online a couple months ago on the ps4 and love it. I played it when it first came out and thought it was terrible but since the big patch they did it is a totally different game than how it was in the beginning and I'm having a blast. If you end up playing it pm me and we can connect and run dungeons together.

Depending on how mobile you are, me and my buddy just started playing a tabletop game called x-wings miniatures. We decided we wanted to have a game we could play that wasn't online so we found this and we both love it. We go to the local store to play against other people. We actually just went to our first tournament last weekend. Had a blast even though we both lost almost all our matches.
0 x
Shaolin Swat
ARD

EGram wrote:
rjsuperfly66 wrote:
Have you played Life is Strange? I played the first episode (it's free on steam or PSN and lasts like 3 hours). Really enjoyed it and although I'm normally not a huge fan of these games I am def gonna buy the rest.
I played the free episode of Life is Strange and enjoyed it. I was getting a little sidetracked going back in time to see what each "choice" led to, but thought it was fun to play. Downloaded it around the time I bought Call of Duty, so I never went back to get the other chapters in Life is Strange.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Decided to give OOTP a try, talk about addicting.
A little bit of a learning curve, but very similar to the much cheaper iPhone version which helped with a lot of that.
Made it easier working through depth charts, etc.
Very easy to customize, can really create your own experience.
The only thing that screwed me up was the lack of autosave, but I learned very quickly.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

rjsuperfly66 wrote:Decided to give OOTP a try, talk about addicting.
A little bit of a learning curve, but very similar to the much cheaper iPhone version which helped with a lot of that.
The only thing that screwed me up was the lack of autosave, but I learned very quickly.
Haha, yeah you can easily end up getting sucked in and all of a sudden realizing its like 3am. Not like that has ever happened to me or anything...
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

adam914 wrote:
Haha, yeah you can easily end up getting sucked in and all of a sudden realizing its like 3am. Not like that has ever happened to me or anything...
I've done that with OOTP and Baseball Mogul, but there is one game series that takes the crown for that - Civilization. Good lord.
0 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

SGreenwell wrote:
adam914 wrote:
I've done that with OOTP and Baseball Mogul, but there is one game series that takes the crown for that - Civilization. Good lord.
Heh my sister has been trying to get me to play civ for years. She doesn't even like games but after playing Xcom (they are made by the same company) I may give it a shot.

I got a couple games the other day Nier:Automata and Lords of the Fallen.

Anyone have any experience with Lords of the fallen? I've killed he first few bosses but it's just so frustrating killing many of the normal enemies that are super hard to beat their shields without exposing yourself. I heard this game is supposed to be easier than Dark Souls but I can breeze through most souls gams nowadays and this game is a huge pita.
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Civ is great. The latest one has been a lot of fun. They just released the Australia DLC which has been cool.
0 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

So I've put in about 8 hours with Nier:Automata so far. For a game that getting a ton of GOTY buzz it has some pretty big flaws.

I usually play games on hard mode and I like it how you can't lock on with hard mode as it sort of trivializes the game.Thing is you die in 1 or 2 hits in hard mode so, it basically means you spend 90% of fights running around kiting crap. Normal mode is just too easy OTOH even if you ignore the lock on feature.

The other big gripe I have is not being able to save but in a few area. Often spawning half an hour away from where you spawn. To add to the other stupid frustration factors you have no fast travel in a world that's larger than Skyrim and the map often lets you think that you're going in an apparently good direction when in reality you just spent 10 minutes running towards a quest point only to find a dead in the way so you have to find another way around.

It's really hard to think of another good modern game that makes you put up with so much crap like this.

"sigh' I keep finding myself wishing I was playing a Souls game as I've gotten so used to the combat.

It's a shame because the combat, especially the boss fights can be super fun.. Give the demo a try if you have PSN as it's a very original game at least.
0 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

Dunno if anyone is interested but sony has a special easter sale that's pretty great.

I Picked up TLOU, Dishonored Definitive edition, Wolfenstien, Metro redux, Nathan Drake collection all for like 5-8 bucks each. Tons of really good late ps3 games that got 1080 upgrades on the ps4 for cheap basically.

Also Sword Coast Legends is 5.99. It's actually a pretty great D&D game that mirrors the old Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, and Nevewinter Nights type games. Plus it has a multiplayer DM mode so if you like rpgs I would consider grabbing it.
0 x