South County Balloon Festival

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

South County Balloon Festival

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Anyone ever been to this? Worthwhile?

http://southcountyballoonfest.com/
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Re: South County Balloon Festival

Unread post by Ramulous »

I've only seen pictures from it......never have been....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

So Lame... unless you get there at 6 in the morning. That's the only way you'd get to see any balloons.

We went Sunday late morning and besides just being super hot, it was just a traveling carnival with a BBQ competition. There was just ONE old torn balloon on its side by noon where you could walk inside. By the time my family bailed at 12:15, there were many people parking and coming into the site. No doubt virtually all were asking "where the F are all the baloons?!"
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

LOL...I did some research online before I went. It is basically a travelling carnival with a BBQ competition. Per the website, the only time they can blow up the balloons is (very) early morning and in the evening after 6ish. We went around 730, they had about 6 of them blown up, including a couple very cool shaped ones. Our daughter went on a (tethered) ride on one of them. Admission was reduced to $5 (because we went late) and there were fireworks at 9ish. Was a good value for us, but I can see how it would be a sukkfest if you went in the middle of the day...
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Yeah, so did you go Friday night then? Saturday and Sunday there were no evening balloons.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote:Yeah, so did you go Friday night then? Saturday and Sunday there were no evening balloons.
We went Saturday evening. They didn't 'fly' any balloons, but they inflated and lit up several and gave tethered rides in a red one, starting around 7ish. Can email you some pix if you'd like ;)
0 x