Political Correctness must die..

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Political Correctness must die..

Unread post by theblueram »

This guy, Fire District Chairman Fred Gralinski, should have an American Flag shoved up his arse.

http://turnto10.com/news/local/central- ... rom-trucks
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Re: Political Correctness must die..

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Someone should remind that asshole that a lot of people have died for that "big flag."
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Mostly political correctness is just people deciding you can't say obviously offensive shit anymore...jokes that mock race or ethnicity or gender or statements that are baldy stereotypical. But in this case, if we agree that this is political correctness, then we agree political correctness is ridiculous. I'm mostly anti- offensive shit, but if you are offended by the American flag there are plenty of other countries you can go live in.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Wow! 100% agreement with all here.
If our flag offends you, go live somewhere else.
I keep reading where this and that offend Muslims.
Pork, bacon, signs advertising them, our flag and on and on.
If you don't intend to become AMERICAN, get the fuck out!
They claim Sharia law overrides our laws. Really?
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Eh, plenty of Christians think their religion overrides our laws. All religions are bad.
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Eh, plenty of Christians think their religion overrides our laws. All religions are bad.
Nailed it.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Ugh! Why bother....
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

TruePoint wrote:Mostly political correctness is just people deciding you can't say obviously offensive shit anymore...jokes that mock race or ethnicity or gender or statements that are baldy stereotypical. But in this case, if we agree that this is political correctness, then we agree political correctness is ridiculous. I'm mostly anti- offensive shit, but if you are offended by the American flag there are plenty of other countries you can go live in.
+1

TruePoint, I sort of think you are my political soul brother on this forum.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I knew you seemed like a smart guy
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote:Mostly political correctness is just people deciding you can't say obviously offensive shit anymore...jokes that mock race or ethnicity or gender or statements that are baldy stereotypical. But in this case, if we agree that this is political correctness, then we agree political correctness is ridiculous. I'm mostly anti- offensive shit, but if you are offended by the American flag there are plenty of other countries you can go live in.
The real funny thing is, people can't decide what I say or don't say. The 1st Amendment at work. So as American's, feel free my brothers to offend someone.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

The Government is not going to put you in jail or fine you for offensive things that you say. That is what the first amendment is about. The first amendment doesn't protect you from people calling you an asshole or firing you/refusing to do business with you because you say something offensive.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Ugh! Why bother....
+1
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote:The Government is not going to put you in jail or fine you for offensive things that you say. That is what the first amendment is about. The first amendment doesn't protect you from people calling you an asshole or firing you/refusing to do business with you because you say something offensive.
So your saying people can call me an asshole or not do business with me because I say offensive things, but can businesses refuse to serve certain portions of the population they disagree with? I think it should work both ways.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote:
TruePoint wrote:The Government is not going to put you in jail or fine you for offensive things that you say. That is what the first amendment is about. The first amendment doesn't protect you from people calling you an asshole or firing you/refusing to do business with you because you say something offensive.
So your saying people can call me an asshole or not do business with me because I say offensive things, but can businesses refuse to serve certain portions of the population they disagree with? I think it should work both ways.
I agree...but that would be considered...well...you know...not PC..... :roll:
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I agree. This country was so much better when a business could deny service to people because of the color of their skin. Make America great again!

That was sarcastic by the way. Perhaps the last two posters might see their ignorance when they see an example from the too recent passed about how they'd like to marginalize people.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I wouldn't hold my breath.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote:I agree. This country was so much better when a business could deny service to people because of the color of their skin. Make America great again!

That was sarcastic by the way. Perhaps the last two posters might see their ignorance when they see an example from the too recent passed about how they'd like to marginalize people.
^ Silly...and you know it.
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

theblueram wrote:
There is a big difference between a business denying you service because of your expression, speech, etc and a business denying a whole class of people.....
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

BleedBlue87 wrote:
theblueram wrote:
There is a big difference between a business denying you service because of your expression, speech, etc and a business denying a whole class of people.....
Right, and as long as you're not a Christian...you can deny service to anyone you want for whatever reason you want. Deny that if you want to...we all know it's true....
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Poor persecuted Christians. Will they ever get a fair shake around here?!!

A public business cannot refuse service to someone because they are a Christian any more than they can deny someone for being a Muslim or a Jew or an atheist. But more to the point, nobody has or would deny someone service because they are a Christian. At least not in this country.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote:Poor persecuted Christians. Will they ever get a fair shake around here?!!

A public business cannot refuse service to someone because they are a Christian any more than they can deny someone for being a Muslim or a Jew or an atheist. But more to the point, nobody has or would deny someone service because they are a Christian. At least not in this country.
The line is about the right to refuse to do business with..... Christians catch major grief if they don't want to service those that they don't align with, or don't want to participate/provide benefits that don't align with their beliefs...in ways that Muslims and others do not. To pretend otherwise is just not being truthful.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Right, nobody refuses services to Christians, so Christians don't want rules saying people can't refuse service to customers based on their religion. Maybe if they experienced some discrimination they'd be a little more sympathetic to people who do face discrimination.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Indeed.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
BleedBlue87
ARD

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:Poor persecuted Christians. Will they ever get a fair shake around here?!!

The line is about the right to refuse to do business with..... Christians catch major grief if they don't want to service those that they don't align with, or don't want to participate/provide benefits that don't align with their beliefs...in ways that Muslims and others do not. To pretend otherwise is just not being truthful.
The same standard holds no matter what religion. You can pretty much refuse to do business with someone as long as it is not on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sex and sexual orientation (in many states).
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

BleedBlue87 wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:

The same standard holds no matter what religion. You can pretty much refuse to do business with someone as long as it is not on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sex and sexual orientation (in many states).

Not true...the same standard 'should' apply...but it absolutely does not. Let's be real here....
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote:I agree. This country was so much better when a business could deny service to people because of the color of their skin. Make America great again!

RR2, there are many people I would love to be marginalized. Mentally ill, lazy poor people, illegal immigrants etc. You may call it ignorance, but I call it self preservation. Also,I would fully support a gun registration if the offense of having a non registered gun results in a minimum 5 year mandatory sentence. Yeah, that would work.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

It's amazing to me that someone would go out of their way to prove to everyone that they're an ignorant jackass, even on a relatively anonymous message board.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:It's amazing to me that someone would go out of their way to prove to everyone that they're an ignorant jackass, even on a relatively anonymous message board.
Over and over again to. It's almost funny...almost.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I'm guessing both of you have served in the military. Put your life on the line. Defended the Constitution of the United States. Maybe not. Maybe you should. You think I'm crazy? Our president just made an effed up agreement with Iran. Apologized for hiroshima. We've been at war for 15 years. WW2 was won in 4. Oh and Cuba. Chicago, Detroit. How many deaths by mentally ill does it take? Yeah, everything is great in good ole USA. But I'm a jackass. Who are you running to when the shit hits the fan? Yourself? Good luck.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

theblueram wrote:I'm guessing both of you have served in the military. Put your life on the line. Defended the Constitution of the United States. Maybe not. Maybe you should. You think I'm crazy? Our president just made an effed up agreement with Iran. Apologized for hiroshima. We've been at war for 15 years. WW2 was won in 4. Oh and Cuba. Chicago, Detroit. How many deaths by mentally ill does it take? Yeah, everything is great in good ole USA. But I'm a jackass. Who are you running to when the shit hits the fan? Yourself? Good luck.
Haha, that's good stuff right there.
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: Not true...the same standard 'should' apply...but it absolutely does not. Let's be real here....
Examples?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote:1. I'm guessing both of you have served in the military. Put your life on the line. Defended the Constitution of the United States. Maybe not. Maybe you should. You think I'm crazy? 2. Our president just made an effed up agreement with Iran.
3. Apologized for hiroshima.
4. We've been at war for 15 years. WW2 was won in 4.
5. Oh and Cuba.
6. Chicago, Detroit.
7. How many deaths by mentally ill does it take? Yeah, everything is great in good ole USA. But I'm a jackass.
8. Who are you running to when the shit hits the fan? Yourself? Good luck.
Point 1. What the hell does this have to do with anything we're talking about? It's not relevant and frankly you sound like Colonel Jessup ranting at the end of A Few Good Men. We think you're crazy because your posting highly suggests you are.

Point 2. We've seen time and time again that diplomacy works best. How much have things improved since we've tried starving Iran to death? They've gotten exponentially worse. And like it or not, outside of Israel, Iran is the country that would tend to align most with our interests in the Middle East. Saudi Arabia and countries of their ilk aren't solid allies, they're allies that are built solely on oil even as they fund terrorist organizations that want to attack us.

3. This is the text of what Obama said:
"Seventy-one years ago, on a bright cloudless morning, death fell from the sky and the world was changed. A flash of light and a wall of fire destroyed a city and demonstrated that mankind possessed the means to destroy itself.

Why do we come to this place, to Hiroshima? We come to ponder a terrible force unleashed in a not-so-distant past. We come to mourn the dead, including over 100,000 Japanese men, women and children, thousands of Koreans, a dozen Americans held prisoner.

Their souls speak to us. They ask us to look inward, to take stock of who we are and what we might become."

That doesn't sound like an apology to me. Of course, you're a total raving imbecile, so why would you understand anything with any kind of nuance?

4. So what? What does WWII have to do with the issues facing us today? And I'd argue we've been at so long because Bush stuck us into an unwinnable quagmire in Iraq and we're now unable to leave the region because of the disturbances created from that horrible decision.

5. Again diplomacy works best. Why is it do you think we have had relations with Russia and China but haven't with Cuba? Because Cuba was worse then those and other countries, or because there was a sizable immigrant contingent of people from Cuba that forced the issue? You want to topple regimes like Castro's, you don't isolate and starve them, that just gives them fuel for their people to hate us. You normalize relations, get US companies in there doing business and move things forward. We've seen time and again that's the strategy that works.

6. What the fuck are you even talking about here?

7. Why are gun violence and mass shootings up because of mentally ill people? BECAUSE WE MARGINALIZE THEM, YOU STUPID FUCK. The people doing this feel isolated and aren't getting the treatment they need. Your plan of marginalizing them further will lead to more mentally ill people feeling more helpless instead of getting people help and allowing them to be contributing members of society.

8. Again, what the hell are you even attempting to talk about here? Do you even know?

PS. In another thread you put down your parents as lazy and said they could have had more money if they weren't so lazy, or something to that effect. I'd say your parents' biggest failing was producing someone such as yourself, someone unintelligent, uncompassionate, and frankly clueless about how the world actually works.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
theblueram wrote:1. I'm guessing both of you have served in the military. Put your life on the line. Defended the Constitution of the United States. Maybe not. Maybe you should. You think I'm crazy? 2. Our president just made an effed up agreement with Iran.
5. Oh and Cuba.
6. Chicago, Detroit.
7. How many deaths by mentally ill does it take? Yeah, everything is great in good ole USA. But I'm a jackass.
Point 1. What the hell does this have to do with anything we're talking about? It's not relevant and frankly you sound like Colonel Jessup ranting at the end of A Few Good Men. We think you're crazy because your posting highly suggests you are.

Point 2. We've seen time and time again that diplomacy works best. How much have things improved since we've tried starving Iran to death? They've gotten exponentially worse. And like it or not, outside of Israel, Iran is the country that would tend to align most with our interests in the Middle East. Saudi Arabia and countries of their ilk aren't solid allies, they're allies that are built solely on oil even as they fund terrorist organizations that want to attack us.

"Seventy-one years ago, on a bright cloudless morning, death fell from the sky and the world was changed. A flash of light and a wall of fire destroyed a city and demonstrated that mankind possessed the means to destroy itself.

Why do we come to this place, to Hiroshima? We come to ponder a terrible force unleashed in a not-so-distant past. We come to mourn the dead, including over 100,000 Japanese men, women and children, thousands of Koreans, a dozen Americans held prisoner.

Their souls speak to us. They ask us to look inward, to take stock of who we are and what we might become."

That doesn't sound like an apology to me. Of course, you're a total raving imbecile, so why would you understand anything with any kind of nuance?

4. So what? What does WWII have to do with the issues facing us today? And I'd argue we've been at so long because Bush stuck us into an unwinnable quagmire in Iraq and we're now unable to leave the region because of the disturbances created from that horrible decision.

5. Again diplomacy works best. Why is it do you think we have had relations with Russia and China but haven't with Cuba? Because Cuba was worse then those and other countries, or because there was a sizable immigrant contingent of people from Cuba that forced the issue? You want to topple regimes like Castro's, you don't isolate and starve them, that just gives them fuel for their people to hate us. You normalize relations, get US companies in there doing business and move things forward. We've seen time and again that's the strategy that works.

7. Why are gun violence and mass shootings up because of mentally ill people? BECAUSE WE MARGINALIZE THEM, YOU STUPID FUCK. The people doing this feel isolated and aren't getting the treatment they need. Your plan of marginalizing them further will lead to more mentally ill people feeling more helpless instead of getting people help and allowing them to be contributing members of society.

8. Again, what the hell are you even attempting to talk about here? Do you even know?

PS. In another thread you put down your parents as lazy and said they could have had more money if they weren't so lazy, or something to that effect. I'd say your parents' biggest failing was producing someone such as yourself, someone unintelligent, uncompassionate, and frankly clueless about how the world actually works.
Nice work...I guess since you called the guy:

-crazy
-raving imbecile
-stupid f---
-unintelligent
-uncomapssionate
-clueless

...that proves that your POV must be "right."
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Awww, isn't that cute that you stuck up for the other Trump supporter.

I also noticed that you didn't reply to the poster that called you out on your garbage post. Then again that's been your MO since day one on here. Flood the board with your opinion with zero facts to ever back up what you say.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Awww, isn't that cute that you stuck up for the other Trump supporter.

I also noticed that you didn't reply to the poster that called you out on your garbage post. Then again that's been your MO since day one on here. Flood the board with your opinion with zero facts to ever back up what you say.
Could care less if the guy's a Trump supporter or not and frankly, both of your post's were too long to really try to take in anyway. I was just marveling at how smart you sounded...by stringing together all of those derogatory terms.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to find examples of discrimination or unfair business practices against anyone (if you really want to)...

Since when does an 'opinion' need to be backed up with facts?
Opinion: a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
Fact: a thing that is indisputably the case

If you don't like my posts, or see no value...why are you wasting your time reading and responding?
Truth is, I think you look forward to reading them...if you don't, why don't you just block me?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I do have to say, the irony of a Trump supporter calling out derogatory name calling is pretty great.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Identifying all the bad or objectionable language someone uses while ducking the underlying substance of their argument is weak rhetorical sauce.
1 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Wow! I didn't know we could have this kind of heated
thread, without me being in the middle of it.
I know BlueRam, and he's a good guy, with strong opinions.
I've met RR2 and he seems a good sort.
Same with NYG fan and TP.
As with all of us, we have different online personae than in person in
real life.
In the words of a fellow Rodney, "Can't we all just get along?"
No? OK, Carry on!
Commence fire!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

My respect for blueram based on my personal interactions with him in real life are definitely tempering my contributions to this thread.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Politics are a hell of a drug
0 x
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote:Identifying all the bad or objectionable language someone uses while ducking the underlying substance of their argument is weak rhetorical sauce.
^ Implies that, to express an opinion ...you have to be interested in arguing.
Is it a requirement to:

-use derogatory statements
-call people names
-be willing to argue

---to express an opinion? Kinda don't think so...

And to say something like "My respect for (fill in the blank...) based on my personal interactions with him in real life are definitely tempering my contributions to this thread"...seems to imply that, a lot of the rhetoric here seems more person than substance-based...not that there's anything wrong with that...I guess...

Rod...Rambone...we will likely disagree on much still, but you guys had it more right than I ever knew. Cheers.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:Identifying all the bad or objectionable language someone uses while ducking the underlying substance of their argument is weak rhetorical sauce.
And to say something like "My respect for (fill in the blank...) based on my personal interactions with him in real life are definitely tempering my contributions to this thread"...seems to imply that, a lot of the rhetoric here seems more person than substance-based...not that there's anything wrong with that...I guess...
Actually, I think you read that the wrong way. I am not saying a lot of things I am thinking because I like blueram on a personal basis and simply don't want to engage him on what he is saying here because I don't think anyone will benefit. There are plenty of other forums for that.

As far as your other point, insofar as I understand it (which is no guarantee since it was a little incoherent), you are not required to want to argue or use bad language. But if you don't have a position or an opinion, what are you chiming in for? Just to referee the bad words? And you don't need to use bad language, but focusing only on the color of the language and not the substance of the underlying point is the epitome of form over substance (which is not a good thing, IMO). If you don't want to engage on the substance, why snipe at someone that is making a substantive argument for the way they are making that argument?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

...so...since you like blueram on a personal basis...he gets a pass from the moderator and I don't?
So, if we were drinking buds (and I'm still not giving up on that possibility... :lol: ) would I then get one, too? ;)
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I honestly don't know what you are talking about or what you want me to say. First of all, I don't think blueram "get's a pass" - if you've read our exchanges in this thread, the other recent thread, or any number of threads going back a number of years, we clearly have different opinions on many things. That ground has all been covered, and I don't see how arguing about it more is helpful. I also don't see how I'm being any different towards you than I am to anyone else. When I disagree with you, I say so.

Finally, I don't understand what my being a "mod" has to do with anything. You keep bringing it up, I keep ignoring you, and you keep bringing it up. So I will address it one time. Why do you keep referencing that I am a moderator? Did I "mod" you? I didn't edit your posts, delete your posts, ban you, warn you or otherwise do anything that makes me different from every other poster here. I am not an employee here, I am more of a janitor than a cop, and my role is not such that it requires me to refrain from having an opinion. I am just a poster that used to spend so much time here someone eventually asked if I wouldn't mind tidying up every once in a while. So let's make a deal - I will continue to not lord my moderator "powers" over you, and in return you can stop bringing up the fact every time you don't like what I say. And if I ever threaten to ban you for disagreeing with me or edit your post, then you can resume childishly referring to me as a moderator like I am the hall monitor.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:If you don't like my posts, or see no value...why are you wasting your time reading and responding?
Truth is, I think you look forward to reading them...if you don't, why don't you just block me?
I was really going to let this issue die, but your post on the soccer thread compelled me to circle back. Nobody looks forward to your posts. I can't remember any post you've made that was informative or interesting in any way. Even your posts in the middle of last year where you were more positive then most people on here could have been interesting reading, but were just posts dedicated to telling us the season wasn't over and anything could happen. Wow, we still had games to play in January, rich and compelling, how would we have known that if it wasn't for you?

I have been one of the bigger advocates on this website of people just blocking posters they think are trolls, and I believe it's an effective strategy for posters like that. They don't post very often, so it's easy to block and ignore conversations that come out of their posting. It's not an effective strategy for posters such as yourself who post all day everyday, and the soccer thread is a perfect example. If you don't have an interest in soccer, that's a perfectly reasonable position. To go into a thread you know is dedicated to soccer just to be like "Hey, I haven't posted in three and a half minutes somewhere on this board, look at me! Look at me! I SAID LOOK AT ME!" is dumb. We got it, you don't like soccer, but there are plenty of people on here that have some level of interest, and for you to try and poison that well for no good reason speaks pretty poorly of yourself. You don't have to post everywhere all the time.
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

TruePoint wrote:My respect for blueram based on my personal interactions with him in real life are definitely tempering my contributions to this thread.
On a side note, I find this point really interesting. I have this hypothesis that the internet is a cesspool because of its anonymity. I've also read that once upon a time, people in Congress use to actually stay in DC during the weekends instead of coming home to fundraiser or politic. So you would have Republicans and Democrats and their families hanging together and getting to know each other as people and not just party opponents. I'm pretty convinced that everyone from politicians to citizens would benefit from more personal contact with those of a different mindset and help strengthen civil discourse.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
5. Oh and Cuba.
6. Chicago, Detroit.

Although I thought personal attacks were prohibited, guess not, so go fuck yourself. I'll take 7 and the p.s. Marginalize mentally ill people? maybe your a case worker in a non government MHRC and making minimum wage. That might account for your aggression. We don't marginalize mental health anymore, we used to put them in insane asylums. And yes, my parents were poor and lazy, why were they poor and lazy? I don't fucking know ask them. I know alot about how this world works, and most of it is fucked up by politicians with their own thoughts making decisions and not based on the people who elected them. and by people like yourself who are complete douchebags. I started a thread on political correctness, but you revealed your an asshole. Go write another law saying I can't call you an asshole.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Hahahahahaha this is great. In the tenth post you say you should be free to offend people because of the First Amendment, but then when someone comes at you you get all butt hurt. Typical Donald Trump supporting clown. So let's just say what your frustration with political correctness really is. You're an old, irrelevant, white guy who society has no use for and you don't get to take shots at other members of society anymore without someone calling you out on your crap.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

It's always good when a nice 'go f-- yourself' can be worked into the dialog to make it more reasonable. Clutch.
0 x