Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Off-Topic News, Politics, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
BleedBlue87
Lamar Odom
Posts: 291
Joined: 2 years ago
x 121

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby BleedBlue87 » 4 months ago

1 x

User avatar
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney
Posts: 12626
Joined: 4 years ago
x 805

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby rodfromcranston » 4 months ago

Just love the talk that tRUMP Jr AKA The Diaper Don (from his time at college where
was often drunk and peeing himself while passed out)
being named Secretary of The Interior.
His claim to fame is shooting rare an beautiful animals in Africa,
just for shits and giggles, and then posing with the dead ones.
Pampered asshole, who'd be washing cars if not for daddy.
3 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.

User avatar
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney
Posts: 12626
Joined: 4 years ago
x 805

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby rodfromcranston » 4 months ago

I wish FBI was as worried about tRUMP's Russian ties,
as it was about Anthony Weiner's emails.
This should have been THE single biggest issue of the campaign.
Nope. Wileaks gossip dumps,were far more covered.
The source and the motivation of Wikileaks was largely ignored.
I'm sure more Russian -tRUMP revelations will be forthcoming.
2 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.

User avatar
TruePoint
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 8072
Joined: 4 years ago
x 1018

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby TruePoint » 4 months ago

Unfortunately, Rod, I'm not sure there are many Trump voters that would have cared even if the "lamestream" media had spent more time on the Russia angle. The rural trump voter in the rust belt was not motivated by geopolitics and showed no concern for Trump's many otherwise disqualifying scandals and character flaws.

In the wake of the election, Russia has admitted that they were in regular contact with the Trump campaign throughout the election.
1 x
A new kinder, gentler TruePoint (maybe)

User avatar
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney
Posts: 12626
Joined: 4 years ago
x 805

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby rodfromcranston » 4 months ago

Yes, TP, to tRUMPkins,facts never mattered.
Then they get indignant at the idea of being labeled "low information voters".
Now the Russians are chuckling over showing our system is so easily
manipulated.
PT Barnum would have loved tRUMPkins.
1 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.

User avatar
ATPTourFan
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 8998
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Wakefield, RI
x 612
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby ATPTourFan » 4 months ago

So he used the promise of a Muslim ban to get elected and now has deleted that from his site. When reporters asked why they deleted it the Trump team put the Muslim ban back! What is worse?!

Trump campaign staff deletes mention of Muslim ban from website - The Washington Post
https://apple.news/A0DO1MyMVRo6xRZ8dDUl0ow
1 x

rambone 78
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 9494
Joined: 4 years ago
x 678

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby rambone 78 » 4 months ago

trump and his cronies are only fanning the flames of terrorism with this shit.......

His administration will have more enemies, both here and abroad, than any in history.....

It's funny, when Obama took over, there was talk of him creating an "imperial presidency". Didn't happen....

This guy will do it, no doubt......

All of the nicey nice talk about cooperation between the parties since the election, is just that, talk. Won't take long......
1 x

rambone 78
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 9494
Joined: 4 years ago
x 678

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby rambone 78 » 4 months ago

On another subject, I read an article this am about the Electoral College that basically says, they [the EC electors] do NOT have to vote for the candidate that won their state. On Dec. 19th, they are supposed to certify the election with their votes.

This was written into the Constitution back in the day, to theoretically protect the Republic from appointing a president who would be considered to be unqualified for the position.

Does that sound like you-know-who? Add in the popular vote in this case, with HRC up by several hundred thousand at least, it seems like a good time for some in the EC to change their votes.

I know it most likely won't happen, it never has, but there have been instances where individual voters have changed their vote. Evidently one voter from Texas has said he will vote for Clinton, in spite of the state going to Trump.

If enough change their vote, trump would be dumped. And supposedly nothing could change it either if that happened.

I know all hell would break loose, but hell will break loose anyway at some point soon after trump takes over......
3 x

User avatar
NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2608
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: CT Transplant
x 318

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby NYGFan_Section208 » 4 months ago

Interesting...
Prez-elect got sooo much grief for not vowing to support the Repub nominee no matter who it was.
He wins, and most of them do exactly what they were shocked that he had the audacity to say he might do....

Then, Hillary calls the fact that he might not honor the winner of the general election "horrifying"...that becomes a rallying cry...he wins and well...at least Clinton and the current president 'appear' to support/accept, which has to be tougher for them than almost anyone, so props to them.

Politics...whether private company office or public...one of the few white collar jobs where you need to take a shower 'after' work each day?


-
0 x

rambone 78
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 9494
Joined: 4 years ago
x 678

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby rambone 78 » 4 months ago

You never know what's going on behind the scenes in politics, that's for sure......

Imagine if the EC basically reverses the election? In this case, I think it's a legit question.......

Just when you think you've seen it all, you haven't. especially true this time around.....
1 x

User avatar
TruePoint
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 8072
Joined: 4 years ago
x 1018

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby TruePoint » 4 months ago

The electoral college is not going to save us. It's not happening. It's time to turn the page and focus on how we can make sure our country is never hijacked by a conman again.
2 x
A new kinder, gentler TruePoint (maybe)

User avatar
Running Ram
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 1590
Joined: 4 years ago
x 177

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby Running Ram » 4 months ago

seriously, as you say lets turn the page here, but anyone naive enough to actually believe trump is the first con-man to ascend to the office of president is probably a low information voter. And I know that is not true of the voters on this forum, so where is the disconnect coming from?

This is the thing I don't understand about the backlash from this election, we've been electing con-men to president for at least 36 years now, last decent person to be pres was Jimmy Carter and all of a sudden everybody's up in arms that Trump slicked his way into the office. I've been voting since before GHWB liberated Kawat from Sadam and in my analysis the first non-con-man to even sniff the election in that time was probably Sanders and maybe Ron Paul, not Rand.

If we want a non-con-man in that office it would probably help to nominate some non-con-men/women to the ballot. If the whole political machine could laugh outloud it would be now, that machine wants unrest, it wants dis-ease, it wants us to feel listless and weak, it wants us to be reactive and irrational. In my estimation the Dum's and Repukelickins did this to themselves nominating two people with more baggage than Amelda Marcos had shoes. As a registered Cool Moose I disavow myself of any responsibility here.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'

User avatar
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney
Posts: 12626
Joined: 4 years ago
x 805

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby rodfromcranston » 4 months ago

The last decent person was Jimmy Carter?
Even Reagan's enemies liked him as a person.
GHW Bush was and is by all accounts,is a very good man.

Anyway, how interesting and hypocrtical is this Tweet from tRUMP,
urging protests after Obama was elected!
Oh, you can't add images here?
Well, it said:

"We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop
this travesty.
Our nation is totally divided!"

Gotta love it!
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.

User avatar
Running Ram
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 1590
Joined: 4 years ago
x 177

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby Running Ram » 4 months ago

Regan was a fine family man, but, in my opinion, he was at the least a sell-out who despite inspiring people to believe he would do his version of "draining the swamp", only propelled the culture of corruption in our political jumble fuck system forward by leaps.

Talking Regan is splitting hairs though, because my point was if you voted for either of the entrenched parties you're probably part of the problem, I'm not harshing on everybody here, I'm part of the problem too, but seriously I wanted BUNNY SANDERS!!! and if the Dem's didn't nominate someone with so much baggage and figure they were gonna just shove her down our gullets whether we liked it or not, maybe we wouldn't be in this mess, so now we reap what we sow. The DNC never took Sanders seriously and no pun they got burned, of course we needed a champion and none came forth from that party, even Sanders sold out and campaigned for clinton, he should have taken it right to the bitter end, even if as an indy candidate, with all the crap in the closets of both major candidates, Sanders would have stood a real chance. He would have been included in the debates and could have been an independent democrat and I don't believe he would have had to change his party affiliation, but NOOOO. So now we get to be in a bazzaro Simpsons universe, so like I said in other posts focus on our homes and communities, be friendly and loving and it'll influence others, that's all we can do. and in four years we'll choose from two more crap, probably retread candidates because we just refuse to turn away from the entrenched political cogs and gears.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'

rambone 78
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 9494
Joined: 4 years ago
x 678

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby rambone 78 » 4 months ago

Sanders would have won, no doubt.....he would have gotten a huge percentage of millennials, who of course for the most part stayed home and didn't vote in this election.

The only candidate without a lot of baggage......
0 x

User avatar
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney
Posts: 12626
Joined: 4 years ago
x 805

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby rodfromcranston » 4 months ago

Bernie Sanders' socialism is clearly WRONG America
His plans were so insane a fiscally irresponsible, the country would
be in even worse shape.
His band of political virgins and anarchists, looking for endless freebies,
pouted, stayed home, and allowed a fascist leaning clown to get elected.
Nice job.
Oh, and it's REAGAN. At least spell the guy's name right.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.

PeterRamTime
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 1768
Joined: 2 years ago
x 162

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby PeterRamTime » 4 months ago


This seems to be pretty accurate.
Released just before the election.
1 x

User avatar
NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2608
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: CT Transplant
x 318

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby NYGFan_Section208 » 4 months ago

Lots of protesters...that's a good look.

As a (Dem) poster I know said on FB:
Protests (the out in the streets and mess up people's lives and schedules kind) only work if human rights have been violated.
Protesting (being a nuisance, breaking the law and messing up people's lives) for not getting your way is just crying.

Obviously everyone has a right to disagree with whatever (and post brutal, sometimes hysterically funny sh** wherever they want)...but I think even the most disagreeing on this board would agree that there's no reason to get out there, mess up traffic and try to stir up violence.... Why aren't Hillary and BO stepping up against that?
0 x

User avatar
SmartyBarrett
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 1629
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Boston
x 53
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby SmartyBarrett » 4 months ago

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Protesting (being a nuisance, breaking the law and messing up people's lives) for not getting your way is just crying.


2 x

User avatar
NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2608
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: CT Transplant
x 318

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby NYGFan_Section208 » 4 months ago

SmartyBarrett wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Protesting (being a nuisance, breaking the law and messing up people's lives) for not getting your way is just crying.





"Pre-not-getting-your-way" crying...even worse maybe?
0 x

User avatar
theblueram
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2389
Joined: 4 years ago
x 275

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby theblueram » 4 months ago

the day a socialist/communist gets elected to the white house, then a civil war would happen. But I'm glad PC is dead. Demolish safe spaces and micro-aggression (whatever the hell that means). I guess we won't see conservative guest speakers be refused at colleges any more. Hollyweird wingnuts should be out of the country soon, as they proclaimed pre election. Grubhub has lost over 10% of value after their toolbag ceo made his statements against Trump. But the tolerant left is probably out smashing shit again tonight and biting their pillow because they didn't get their way. Because their way is right and anything else is wrong. Oh well. We know how politics works. And at this point in time, the democrat party is dead.
0 x

User avatar
TruePoint
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 8072
Joined: 4 years ago
x 1018

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby TruePoint » 4 months ago

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Lots of protesters...that's a good look.

As a (Dem) poster I know said on FB:
Protests (the out in the streets and mess up people's lives and schedules kind) only work if human rights have been violated.
Protesting (being a nuisance, breaking the law and messing up people's lives) for not getting your way is just crying.

Obviously everyone has a right to disagree with whatever (and post brutal, sometimes hysterically funny sh** wherever they want)...but I think even the most disagreeing on this board would agree that there's no reason to get out there, mess up traffic and try to stir up violence.... Why aren't Hillary and BO stepping up against that?


Because "stepping up" against people exercising their first amendment rights to assmebly and speech would be weird for people that actually believe in the constitution.

I'm not really for the protests and wouldn't protest myself, because they aren't going to change the results of the election. But they're allowed to blow off steam and I'm not going to condemn people for expressing themselves by exercising their basic rights. If any of them destroy property or hurt anyone, I would condemn the individuals that did that but not the protesters overall or the protests themselves.
2 x
A new kinder, gentler TruePoint (maybe)

User avatar
theblueram
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2389
Joined: 4 years ago
x 275

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby theblueram » 4 months ago

Agreed TP. Protest is fine. It is our right to protest. Just imagine though if conservatives hung an effigy of Obama and burned it when he was elected. Would you have said it was racist? Or just a protest against the candidate?
0 x

User avatar
NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2608
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: CT Transplant
x 318

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby NYGFan_Section208 » 4 months ago

TruePoint wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Lots of protesters...that's a good look.

As a (Dem) poster I know said on FB:
Protests (the out in the streets and mess up people's lives and schedules kind) only work if human rights have been violated.
Protesting (being a nuisance, breaking the law and messing up people's lives) for not getting your way is just crying.

Obviously everyone has a right to disagree with whatever (and post brutal, sometimes hysterically funny sh** wherever they want)...but I think even the most disagreeing on this board would agree that there's no reason to get out there, mess up traffic and try to stir up violence.... Why aren't Hillary and BO stepping up against that?


Because "stepping up" against people exercising their first amendment rights to assmebly and speech would be weird for people that actually believe in the constitution.

I'm not really for the protests and wouldn't protest myself, because they aren't going to change the results of the election. But they're allowed to blow off steam and I'm not going to condemn people for expressing themselves by exercising their basic rights. If any of them destroy property or hurt anyone, I would condemn the individuals that did that but not the protesters overall or the protests themselves.


We agree again...blow off steam, exercise basic rights, by all means, go for it...we're actually all better off for it...just don't be an unnecessary PITA, destroy property or hurt anyone...man...we're like practically the same. When's Happy Hour?
0 x

User avatar
SmartyBarrett
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 1629
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Boston
x 53
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby SmartyBarrett » 4 months ago

TruePoint wrote:I'm not really for the protests and wouldn't protest myself, because they aren't going to change the results of the election.


I don't think anyone is trying to change the results (ignoring that foolish petition going around). But I'd call the gatherings more of a cathartic voicing of displeasure rather than a "protest" by its true definition.
1 x

User avatar
NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2608
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: CT Transplant
x 318

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby NYGFan_Section208 » 4 months ago

Just saw what's happening in Portland, OR and the beating the Trump voter got in Chicago...wow...just flat out criminals.
No excuse for breaking the law because you don't get what you want....w...t...f......?

Sorry, SB, I respect cathartic voicing of displeasure, but this is absolutely ridiculous...
0 x

BleedBlue87
Lamar Odom
Posts: 291
Joined: 2 years ago
x 121

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby BleedBlue87 » 4 months ago

Blueram, I think it depends on the waythe Obama effigy was placed. The times that he was strung up on a tree symbolizing times when that happened to black people is clearly racist. By the way, what's stopping colleges from exercising their right to not have certain people speak? Just because Trump is elected does not mean being polite died.

Also, just to put this in context, much of Sanders economic platform was not much different than some of the stuff proposed by Eisenhower. Sanders is a supporter of Nordic socialism, which is really just a form of capitalism. This isn't some Stalin shit.
1 x

rambone 78
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 9494
Joined: 4 years ago
x 678

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby rambone 78 » 4 months ago

I would have taken Sanders over trump any day of the week.......socialist lean or not.....he's NOT a communist

Then again, I wish Biden had run, but I understand why he didn't...I'll bet he feels differently now.
1 x

ramster
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5682
Joined: 4 years ago
x 430

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby ramster » 4 months ago

rambone 78 wrote:I would have taken Sanders over trump any day of the week.......socialist lean or not.....he's NOT a communist

Then again, I wish Biden had run, but I understand why he didn't...I'll bet he feels differently now.


Donna Brazille gave Hillary at least one of the debate questions prior to the debate. Who knows how in other ways Brazille and others helped Hillary and tried to hurt Bernie.
Why did Hillary accept the question or questions from Brazille before the Debate with Bernie? Why is Brazille still DNC chairperson when wasserman- Schultz got the heave ho?
Bernie would have beaten Trump. The email servers, Clinton Foundation FBI investigation and Hillarys lack of charisma hurt her and Bernie would have excited the base.
0 x

User avatar
TruePoint
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 8072
Joined: 4 years ago
x 1018

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby TruePoint » 4 months ago

SmartyBarrett wrote:
TruePoint wrote:I'm not really for the protests and wouldn't protest myself, because they aren't going to change the results of the election.


I don't think anyone is trying to change the results (ignoring that foolish petition going around). But I'd call the gatherings more of a cathartic voicing of displeasure rather than a "protest" by its true definition.


Right, I agree with that completely. I understand why people are demonstrating and support their right to do so. Just not really my style - I'd rather get to work on figuring out how to make sure this never happens again. Pen is mightier than the sword and all that. If demonstrating had a chance to change anything I'd demonstrate. Since it doesn't, I'd rather devote my energy to something that might. But I do understand that the protests aren't intended to overturn the results, they're intended show people's extreme displeasure (which I share).
2 x
A new kinder, gentler TruePoint (maybe)

User avatar
theblueram
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2389
Joined: 4 years ago
x 275

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby theblueram » 4 months ago

Bleedblue87, a college exercising their right to reject a conservative speaker who is requested by a certain demographic at the college is discrimination at its finest. The left preach tolerance and acceptance for all. Unless you disagree with their policies. That is a bigoted, racist and demented way to think. Young peoples minds have surely been twisted by the left. Crying about a chalk Trump 2016 on the sidewalk because they think it is a threat is a prime example. The participation trophy generation is surely set up to fail.
2 x

User avatar
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney
Posts: 12626
Joined: 4 years ago
x 805

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby rodfromcranston » 4 months ago

How wonderful!
tRUMP has hired Steve Bannon to a key White House position.
For those who are not familiar with Bannon, he runs the alt-right
Breitbart News.
He's a self proclaimed Leninist.“Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too.”
He pulled his children out of a school, because there were Jewish
children who attended there.
His main goal for years has been to destroy Paul Ryan.
Breitbart sponsored Ryan's primary opponent.
Unfortunately for Bannon, Ryan only got 84% of the vote.
For those who think tRUMP is just a harmless blowhard, look at
what he's surrounded by.
Scum like Bannon. The new Josef Goebbels in Kellyanne Conway.
Fat old white men with a horrid track record on women's rights,
Gingrich, Giuliani, and Christie.
A thug, Corey Lewendowski,who was charged with assaulting a woman reporter.
Last but not least, Mike Pence, who was nearly recalled as Governor,
with his anti-gay, anti-woman laws that he tried to pass.
Making it illegal for gays applying for a marriage license.
He ordered the shut down of an HIV testing center.
When in Congress, he voted against equal pay for men and women.
So, we're supposed to just sit back and watch this cesspool of people
around tRUMP, and think,"Oh, let's just give tRUMP a chance!"
Next, the Capitol Building (the new Reichstag) will be burned down.
tRUMP will blame the Dems, the Jews and Latinos, and declare martial law.
Only being slightly sarcastic here.
With the twisted minds surrounding tRUMP, who knows what will happen?
3 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.

rambone 78
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 9494
Joined: 4 years ago
x 678

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby rambone 78 » 4 months ago

Rod, I agree....trump by himself isn't the worst of the problems, but the people he's surrounding himself could be even more dangerous.....

This group is going to set democracy back 100 years.......

Just wait another 2 years, when voter suppression will increase even more.....in 4 years, the Repubs will use their power to see to it that the vote is manipulated to their advantage even more.....all they care about is being in power, McConnell even said that....

Whatever happened to "vote the bums out?" in Congress? The American people just keep returning these clowns to office over and over again....terms limits? Deader than a doornail I'm afraid.....

Our children and grandchildren are going to inherit an unbelievable mess....

I know it's a longshot, but the Electoral College voters, if they have any decency, will do what's right and stop this before it's too late.
1 x

User avatar
ATPTourFan
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 8998
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Wakefield, RI
x 612
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby ATPTourFan » 4 months ago

Already getting a bit scary. Trump has no idea what to do and he's got really poor taste in asking for help.
2 x

User avatar
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney
Posts: 12626
Joined: 4 years ago
x 805

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby rodfromcranston » 4 months ago

There's a picture of tRUMP's party watching the returns from Wisconsin,
when it was inevitable he was going to win.
Everyone in the room is smiling and jubulent.
tRUMP , sitting with his head down, hand to his forehead.
Winning was not what he wanted. Being POTUS is hard
work and more than ego salving rallies.
The people he's surrounded by are sycophants and losers.
Hardly JFK's "Best and Brightest".
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.

User avatar
TruePoint
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 8072
Joined: 4 years ago
x 1018

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby TruePoint » 4 months ago

rodfromcranston wrote:There's a picture of tRUMP's party watching the returns from Wisconsin,
when it was inevitable he was going to win.
Everyone in the room is smiling and jubulent.
tRUMP , sitting with his head down, hand to his forehead.
Winning was not what he wanted. Being POTUS is hard
work and more than ego salving rallies.
The people he's surrounded by are sycophants and losers.
Hardly JFK's "Best and Brightest".


http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/donald-trump-doesnt-like-this-any-more-than-you-do-1788862854
1 x
A new kinder, gentler TruePoint (maybe)

BleedBlue87
Lamar Odom
Posts: 291
Joined: 2 years ago
x 121

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby BleedBlue87 » 4 months ago

theblueram wrote:Bleedblue87, a college exercising their right to reject a conservative speaker who is requested by a certain demographic at the college is discrimination at its finest. The left preach tolerance and acceptance for all. Unless you disagree with their policies. That is a bigoted, racist and demented way to think. Young peoples minds have surely been twisted by the left. Crying about a chalk Trump 2016 on the sidewalk because they think it is a threat is a prime example. The participation trophy generation is surely set up to fail.


So what you said is that college's will no longer reject conservative speakers because Trump is president. My question is how will a Trump presidency stop Brown from rejecting a conservative speaker coming to the college? I don't really care about your viewpoint on what they preach and all that. I am simply trying to figure out how you came to such a weird conclusion. My point being, we are still going to see so-called conservative speakers rejected at colleges no matter who is president.
1 x

BleedBlue87
Lamar Odom
Posts: 291
Joined: 2 years ago
x 121

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby BleedBlue87 » 4 months ago

Also, from the tone of that 60 minutes interview, I believe that Trump supporters will be experiencing a whole lot of cognitive dissonance over the next few years...
1 x

PeterRamTime
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 1768
Joined: 2 years ago
x 162

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby PeterRamTime » 4 months ago

Bannon is quite the bastard.
He's a much more kniving evil version of trump.
All of these puritanical fools are in charge now.
And the fact that trump is going to try destroy what we helped create at the Paris climate agreement is so infuriating and horrifying.

Since ya know climate change was created by the devil who must've created science, which cannot be trusted!
Especially when those so called "facts" threaten my understanding of reality!
I'll have nothing to do with your satanic sciences!
Besides the earth is only 6,000 years old.
It's fresh! It'll last for like 4.5 billion more years or something like that...
1 x

User avatar
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney
Posts: 12626
Joined: 4 years ago
x 805

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby rodfromcranston » 4 months ago

So, Ben Carson turns down a cabinet position, saying he
feels he's unprepared for the job.
Yet, he ran for the top job, President.
What's wrong with this picture?
2 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.

User avatar
adam914
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5480
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Carlsbad, CA
x 674

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby adam914 » 4 months ago

rodfromcranston wrote:So, Ben Carson turns down a cabinet position, saying he
feels he's unprepared for the job.
Yet, he ran for the top job, President.
What's wrong with this picture?


Haha, it just gets weirder and weirder every day.
0 x
"This is who we are now. Seniors will graduate and the next guys are going to step up." - Dan Hurley - March 12, 2017

User avatar
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney
Posts: 12626
Joined: 4 years ago
x 805

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby rodfromcranston » 4 months ago

Guess a cabinet job would detract from the real
reason he ran for President,
THE BEN CARSON BOOK TOUR!
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.

User avatar
theblueram
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2389
Joined: 4 years ago
x 275

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby theblueram » 4 months ago

Climate change. hahahah. So the yahoos want $100 BILLION dollars year to do what? What exactly is that money going to do? When you have thousands of people flying in oil burning aircraft to a conference in Paris? What? They never heard of webex? Bunch of freakin hypocrites. I bet the cavemen were saying the same thing during the ice age. "STOP EATING ICE CREAM, IT"S GETTING TOO DAMN COLD"
0 x

BleedBlue87
Lamar Odom
Posts: 291
Joined: 2 years ago
x 121

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby BleedBlue87 » 4 months ago

theblueram wrote:Climate change. hahahah. So the yahoos want $100 BILLION dollars year to do what? What exactly is that money going to do? When you have thousands of people flying in oil burning aircraft to a conference in Paris? What? They never heard of webex? Bunch of freakin hypocrites. I bet the cavemen were saying the same thing during the ice age. "STOP EATING ICE CREAM, IT"S GETTING TOO DAMN COLD"


This statement above is the epitome of stupid.
2 x

User avatar
theblueram
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2389
Joined: 4 years ago
x 275

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby theblueram » 4 months ago

BleedBlue87 wrote:
theblueram wrote:Climate change. hahahah. So the yahoos want $100 BILLION dollars year to do what? What exactly is that money going to do? When you have thousands of people flying in oil burning aircraft to a conference in Paris? What? They never heard of webex? Bunch of freakin hypocrites. I bet the cavemen were saying the same thing during the ice age. "STOP EATING ICE CREAM, IT"S GETTING TOO DAMN COLD"


This statement above is the epitome of stupid.


You didn't answer my question. Where is the $100 Billion dollars a year going? What is it going to create? When Weldon Shithouse rides a bike to DC and back, then I'll think about it. But until these "climate change tree huggers" walk the walk, I will ignore the talk.
0 x

BleedBlue87
Lamar Odom
Posts: 291
Joined: 2 years ago
x 121

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby BleedBlue87 » 4 months ago

Here is the website: http://unfccc.int/paris_agreement/items/9485.php It's being used to mitigate climate impact and used to adapt to changes. The reason why your statement is utterly stupid is because of your pathetic attempt to make a joke out of a serious worldwide problem that nearly all climate scientists agree on. But since your spoon-fed your information from alt-right media sources and fossil-fuel backed entities and because you have not had an original thought of your own ever in this forum, it's not worth talking to you about the merits of the agreement. Better off just pointing out your dumb comments - which you have many of.
2 x

User avatar
theblueram
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2389
Joined: 4 years ago
x 275

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby theblueram » 4 months ago

Anyway, the EPA is going to get torn up. Hopefully the great fisherman of this great state can finally get back to fishing. And hopefully the fine people of PA and OH can get their coal mines back up and they can start to make a living. Because your philosophy doesn't mean crap to the rest of the world. Right now, I'm sure Portugal is fishing right next to the now banned 4,000 square mile area off the Atlantic coast that obumbles just restricted.
0 x

BleedBlue87
Lamar Odom
Posts: 291
Joined: 2 years ago
x 121

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby BleedBlue87 » 4 months ago

That's great man. So once again the fisherman can collapse the fish population and then go cry to the government once again because they over-fished. Every read the "Tragedy of the Commons?" And I bet you Portugal isn't....you really are some fool.
2 x

User avatar
theblueram
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2389
Joined: 4 years ago
x 275

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby theblueram » 4 months ago

BleedBlue87 wrote:Here is the website: http://unfccc.int/paris_agreement/items/9485.php It's being used to mitigate climate impact and used to adapt to changes. The reason why your statement is utterly stupid is because of your pathetic attempt to make a joke out of a serious worldwide problem that nearly all climate scientists agree on. But since your spoon-fed your information from alt-right media sources and fossil-fuel backed entities and because you have not had an original thought of your own ever in this forum, it's not worth talking to you about the merits of the agreement. Better off just pointing out your dumb comments - which you have many of.


You must have heard that in the New York Times. Remember, believe half of what you see and none of what you read.
0 x

User avatar
theblueram
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2389
Joined: 4 years ago
x 275

Re: Let's Talk Politics - Election 2016

Unread postby theblueram » 4 months ago

Do you know how close Portugal is to the US? Read a map. Anyway, it doesn't matter. I pushed this same question to Jack Reed. "What are you doing to protect RI fisherman from government regulation?" He's another jackass. He said nothing. Maybe you should go down to Pt Judith and get the answer yourself on how your neighbor feels about regulations.
1 x


Return to “Down the Line”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest