Plug your business or passion project!

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Plug your business or passion project!

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I could have sworn we used to have a thread on here for this, but I can't find it, so I figured I would make a new one. Feel free to comment on other postings from users, or to add in your own business or website or whatever!

For a little more than half a year, two buddies and I have been doing a podcast on pre-2000s video games. Appropriately, it is called Your Parents Basement. This week's game is Super Star Wars, in honor of the new movie coming out later this week. You can subscribe on iTunes, and we have links for manual downloads and feeds here: http://ypbpodcast.com/ - Past episodes include Bases Loaded, the NHL and NBA Jam series, Smash TV, Metal Gear Solid, Super Mario Bros., Myst... If you like it, be sure to share the link and rate us 5-stars on the ole iTunes! Thanks!
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Plug your business or passion project!

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

ATPTourFan wrote:Here was the Dude's thread.

http://keaneyblue.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3343
Ah, yeah, that's the one I was thinking of! And I know we had a few others over the years who had made threads here and there.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Bases Loaded was the best! NBA Jam as well obviously, but I loved Bases Loaded back in the day.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Best old school sports video games were Bases Loaded, the hockey game where you could pick the little fast guy, the fat slow guy and the medium guy and play space invaders at intermission, Tecmo Bowl and Double Dribble
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

TruePoint wrote:Best old school sports video games were Bases Loaded, the hockey game where you could pick the little fast guy, the fat slow guy and the medium guy and play space invaders at intermission, Tecmo Bowl and Double Dribble
Ha, we also did a show on Tecmo Bowl; big fan. You're thinking of Ice Hockey, I believe, from Nintendo. Double Dribble was fun, but it hasn't aged super well to me.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

That's almost the point. It was terrible, but its terribleness was kind of cool.

Do you remember a game called Jackal?
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

TruePoint wrote:That's almost the point. It was terrible, but its terribleness was kind of cool.

Do you remember a game called Jackal?
Ah, I played it a little bit in the past, but never owned it. I liked those sort of run-n-gun games, whether in a vehicle or not. We did an episode on Contra, and Smash TV.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Double Dribble was awesome as well. How about Baseball Stars? That game was way ahead of it's time.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

SGreenwell wrote:I could have sworn we used to have a thread on here for this, but I can't find it, so I figured I would make a new one. Feel free to comment on other postings from users, or to add in your own business or website or whatever!

For a little more than half a year, two buddies and I have been doing a podcast on pre-2000s video games. Appropriately, it is called Your Parents Basement. This week's game is Super Star Wars, in honor of the new movie coming out later this week. You can subscribe on iTunes, and we have links for manual downloads and feeds here: http://ypbpodcast.com/ - Past episodes include Bases Loaded, the NHL and NBA Jam series, Smash TV, Metal Gear Solid, Super Mario Bros., Myst... If you like it, be sure to share the link and rate us 5-stars on the ole iTunes! Thanks!
Miss the old Nintendo. Loved Bases Loaded and Super Contra! Good times.
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

SGreenwell wrote:
ATPTourFan wrote:Here was the Dude's thread.

http://keaneyblue.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3343
Ah, yeah, that's the one I was thinking of! And I know we had a few others over the years who had made threads here and there.
Thanks guys! I appreciate it.
The Dude's Company:

Elemental Designs (Landscape Architecture/Design Services)
www.ElementalD.com

About Elemental Designs:
Elemental Designs provides exemplary landscape architecture design and consulting services. We have experience in the residential, commercial, and public sectors of Landscape Architecture. Landscape Architectural work within the residential and commercial sectors is our primary focus. We provide design, consulting, and construction administration services for properties and projects that range in size from very large (acres) to very small (a planting bed). We place a strong emphasis on listening to the needs and objectives of the owners, users, and stakeholders involved with a project. Our collaborative experience with other professionals such as engineers, architects, builders, and other planning professionals, assists in ensuring each project achieves the desired goals and objectives. All of the parties involved receive the personal attention they deserve and we strive to maintain a good working relationship with each and every one of them. Elemental Designs is committed to delivering the highest level of professional service to its clients.

Elemental Designs is a company that provides landscape architecture design services. The company does not perform the landscape construction/installation itself, but does provide construction administration services, so each project is seen through to completion. The end result is a beautiful landscape that's built of the highest quality.

Services Offered:

Existing Site Plans
Site Inventory and Analysis
Grading and Drainage Plans
Irrigation Plans
Planting Plans
Lighting Plans
Master Plans
Conservation/Environmental Restoration Plans
Rainwater Conservation Design
Coastal/Environmental Permitting
Memorials
Bike Paths
Sport Courts
Construction Administration
Maintenance Consultations
Maintenance Programs
Landscape Inspections
Corn Maze Design
and more...
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Impressive customer testimonials Colin!
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund