The Ryan Center-Oct/Nov Bookings

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

The Ryan Center-Oct/Nov Bookings

Unread post by RF1 »

Is it just me or does the Ryan Center seem to be getting more non-URI events? October and November look like good months for the venue with 8 general public shows.

OCTOBER
NV Concepts Zedd
Oct 6, 2015 (Tue) 7:30 PM

Rene Gasser Presents: Gala of the Royal Horses
Oct 8, 2015 (Thu) 7:00 PM

SEC - Passion Pit
Oct 14, 2015 (Wed)

Blackstone Valley Cheerleading
Oct 24, 2015 (Sat)

NOVEMBER
Steve Martin and Martin Short: An Evening You Will Forget for the Rest of Your Life with The Steep Canyon Rangers
Nov 7, 2015 (Sat) 8:00 PM

CMT Tour - Brett Eldredge & Thomas Rhett
Nov 8, 2015 (Sun) 7:30 PM

Alvin and The Chipmunks
Nov 12, 2015 (Thu) 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Nov 12, 2015 (Thu) 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Re: The Ryan Center-Oct/Nov Bookings

Unread post by RF1 »

As a point of reference, look at what the DCU Center is Worcester has for the next four months (see below). There are only twelve dates total in the next four months where there are events scheduled in the arena portion (it has an adjoining convention center) of the facility. This arena is looking at a very lean upcoming year since its main tenant (AHL Worcester Sharks) departed town.

Nov 5 - 8 Disney On Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic Presented by Stonyfield YoKids Organic Yogurt
Nov 10 Dead & Company
Nov 12 The Weeknd "The Madness" Fall Tour 2015
Dec 11 - 13 Cirque du Soleil's TORUK - The First Flight inspired by James Cameron's AVATAR
Feb 12 - 14 Monster Jam

Link to DCU Center Events:
http://www.dcucenter.com/eventcalendar.php

DCU Center Capacity
Concerts: 14,800
Basketball: 13,000
Hockey: 12,239

The Ryan Center with its URI men's and women's hoops games along with non URI events looks very good in comparison.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I think Mullins Center might be more interesting to look at, where they're local, affiliated with a school and fall under the Comcast Spectator umbrella like us. So far they only have two non-UMass athletics events scheduled on their website.

Saturday they're hosting the Verge Campus Tour headlined by Rae Sremmurd (the act that played Rhody Madness last night) with Mike Stud and Kaneholler
11/22 New England Regional Cheer Champions
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:I think Mullins Center might be more interesting to look at, where they're local, affiliated with a school and fall under the Comcast Spectator umbrella like us. So far they only have two non-UMass athletics events scheduled on their website.

Saturday they're hosting the Verge Campus Tour headlined by Rae Sremmurd (the act that played Rhody Madness last night) with Mike Stud and Kaneholler
11/22 New England Regional Cheer Champions

The Mullins Center however does have UMass hockey (in addition to men's and women's basketball) which the Ryan Center doesn't have an equivalent for. The hockey schedule accounts for 16-17 more bookings per year. The Amherst arena will actually be pretty busy with UMass athletics through the end of February.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

I am going to the Brett Eldredge/Thomas Rhett concert Sunday night..

Driving from CT

if anyone else is going or know where the pre-party is.. Let me know !

Looks like it's 99% sold, so it should be a sellout..
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Concert was very good and the Ryan Center was rocking..

But man the "Rhody Pub" struggles..

The lines were huge; so we basically got 2 beers they got back in line..

I can accept keeping beer in a designated area, but do we really need to pay for a beer, get a ticket, then hand it to the person pouring the beer 1 foot over ?

It felt like a soup nazi Seinfeld episode

Sooooo slow moving...

They really need a better system

It was a fun concert tho.. And that's all that matters
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

I sure hope they have some TV monitors in the Rhody Pub this year. Major disappointment if they do not. That was a major issue for everyone who couldn't get one of the few spots along the end-zone railing. Nobody else could see what was happening when they were in the pub. Pretty sure people would spend more time and money there if they didn't fear missing out on the action. What pub doesn't have TVs?!?!
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund