My Brother

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

My Brother

Unread post by theblueram »

My brother just retired from the Special Forces this weekend in DC. He is a URI Alumn. He was awarded the Legion of Merit for his service. I'm so glad he is now out of harms way. He is a Lt. Col. and I just wanted to post this.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: My Brother

Unread post by TruePoint »

Congrats to your brother, and to your whole family for getting him back safely. You guys must be very proud and very relieved. Please thank your brother for us for his service and for representing the URI community in such an honorable way. I hope URI considers honoring his service at a game this winter.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

+10000! Would love to see this patriot honored at a game! Congrats!
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Blueram has told me about his brother, with
justifiable pride.
Best of luck to one of the true ultimate warriors.
To me, these guys are the real heroes.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I'll give some insight into what he has done. On September 25, 2001, 14 days after 911, he was credited and awarded for valor for commanding the first US strike against terrorism. He had to fight hand to hand during the mission. When many of us in our country were wondering what was going on after 911, I received an email from him telling me about this. I knew we were in good hands. You can read about it in the book "The Hunt for Bin Laden". Chapter 4. Obviously no names are mentioned.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

theblueram wrote:I'll give some insight into what he has done. On September 25, 2001, 14 days after 911, he was credited and awarded for valor for commanding the first US strike against terrorism. He had to fight hand to hand during the mission. When many of us in our country were wondering what was going on after 911, I received an email from him telling me about this. I knew we were in good hands. You can read about it in the book "The Hunt for Bin Laden". Chapter 4. Obviously no names are mentioned.

WOW
I now have to go get that book and read Chapter 4 this 4th of July Weekend - seriously
Thanks for sharing
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

My brother just let me know he has been accepted into the URI ROTC Hall of Fame. Really proud of him.
12 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

Most impressive.
0 x