Surviving the PC invasion

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Surviving the PC invasion

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I figured better here then the main area.

Just noticed a peeps is our newest registered member. I'm sure totally unrelated to the poster that got sent to timeout last night.

I've long been in favor of individual posters blocking other posters they don't like and I'm not normally in favor of posters telling moderators what to do. That being said, I do think sean's actions in starting the Dan Hurley 20 year thread and how he handled himself there deserve at least a temporary cooling off period. It's absolutely clear that therewas no attempt to start, engage in or further any type of legitimate discussion. That being said, some other posters didn't exactly cover themselves in glory either. Sean committed arson. The quickest way to put out a fire isn't to throw gasoline on it but to deprive it of oxygen. The more people that block posters they think moderators should ban, the less instances of message board arson we'll suffer from and the quicker they'll be stomped out once they happen.

I've seen some people refer to a poster on the PC board having a source close to Hurley in the North Providence stop and shop deli department. Is that a joke or is someone over there actually saying that?
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: Surviving the PC invasion

Unread post by TruePoint »

On peeps - he will not be a problem. He did register under a different user name, but this isn't 1997 so his attempted posts never made it onto the board. He will be allowed back in one week.

On sean - sean is walking on a very thin line. We are monitoring.

On the assistant deli manager at S&S in NP, that is a joke. I think. You never know.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

TruePoint wrote:On peeps - this isn't 1997
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Sean's now on at minimum a 30 day vacation from KeaneyBlue.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I apologize that on many occasions I simply cannot ignore that troll boy. Its my fault, need to show better restraint.

I also apologize about the NP Stop n Shop comment - obv a joke and not meant to offend A.) anyone from NP or B.) anyone that collects a check from Stop n Shop.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

I still have had a hard time understanding how someone has enough time to do what Sean has. I know I've had conversations in person with ATP on this before haha.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Usually Sean is like a fly, bugs you a bit, offers up his opinion and that's it.
This bobby hurley and dan hurley thing just put him over the edge though - he became like a giant biting horsefly that wouldn't stop. Not sure why.
He said, she said, who said what when, etc etc who cares the order of what was said
Bottom line:
Bobby Hurley or Dave laieto for DePaul coach?
Dan Hurley or Chris mullin for St Johns coach?
The NBE would be doing back flips if today they had the Hurley Brothers in their conference.
That's what's troubling these guys the most
The Hurley's are hot commodities right now and will only get hotter. There is no cooling off for either one for a long time. They are sought after now and their stock prices are rapidly rising

Peeps gets trashed on his own home PC Board. They were brutal on him in one thread I read there.

I wouldn't ban these guys though.
Let them off on parole for good behavior.
Maybe they could earn their way back by doing community service on the URI campus?
Say nice things about us on the PC Board?
Oh well
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote:
I wouldn't ban these guys though.
Let them off on parole for good behavior.
Maybe they could earn their way back by doing community service on the URI campus?
Say nice things about us on the PC Board?
Oh well
They aren't banned. They are on timeout. I think that is best for everyone involved.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I understand TP. I would not ban or put them in time out however,
Sometimes when you fire someone you might not be 100% sure, then you start to hear others say "what took them so long", or "it's about time". You also listen and watch for how the person reacts - sometimes their actions reinforce you made the right decision. So I stroll over to see the reaction. Disappointed to be honest. He had to run home and tell mommy darth all about it.

seanmc94 wrote: Great time for the state of RI hoops. Too bad URI fans are living in a fantasy world. Some are already calling themselves a "top 25 program". They truly believe that the A-10 and NBE are "equals". Hurley is never leaving. Even though I didn't think he was taking the SJU job; I can't wait for him to ditch them. I'm calling it now; 2 years max.

Darthfriar wrote: Sean just the fact that if the money was right he would have taken the Rutgers job tells you all you need to know what his answer would have been if offered the SJU job.

seanMc wrote: Pointing that out got me a wave of insults and a ban
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I think there is plenty of room for PC fans to give their perspective here. It is what makes our board different from their board. What isn't going to be tolerated is someone coming here and trolling. Sean had a longer leash than peeps (and much too long if many posters here had their way about it) because he has a long history here, but he ignored numerous warnings - public and private - and was basically daring us to ban him. ATP is one of the nicest guys you will find running a site like this; if you run out of goodwill with him you get no sympathy from me. Peeps just isn't here frequently enough to come by here and intentionally try to derail the conversation. It only takes one post to give us your perspective, and going back and forth with multiple people throwing around insults without ever expanding on your original point isn't adding anything to the site that anyone wants to read.

The last thing we want to do is ban people. If you make a list of everyone we have banned, it would be a very short list. So you can't accuse us of having an itchy trigger finger. At some point, though, the patience runs out.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Maybe best advice to Sean comes from one of the PC posters tonight:

Sean- the posters on the URI board are delusional and as a whole are pretty terrible. However, your incessant posting on their board (and yes it's incessant considering you are top 20 there in number of posts) followed by you starting a thread here competing the BE to the A10 only lends credence to their notion that URI and the A10 are on par with PC and the BE. There are many posters here who like to think that URI is irrelevant but yet you and RJ post over there constantly. As delusional as they are, I can see why they think that they are relevant in our minds given how frequently you and RJ post there. None of their posters post here regularly. Why feed the animals by posting there?
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Ha those people calling us delusional is fantastic. Perhaps no fan base in the country is less knowledgeable about the world and their place in it than the middle school dropout frontrunners that make up that fanbase. Seventy-five percent of them have never been outside of the Cranston-Johnston-Providence-North Providence enclave of enlightenment and worldliness.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

TruePoint wrote:Ha those people calling us delusional is fantastic. Perhaps no fan base in the country is less knowledgeable about the world and their place in it than the middle school dropout frontrunners that make up that fanbase. Seventy-five percent of them have never been outside of the Cranston-Johnston-Providence-North Providence enclave of enlightenment and worldliness.
Yes. haha I've said the same thing many times. Folks up that way ask me if I go "north of the tower", but they never leave Cranston......?
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

So sean....on the pc board.....calls the posters here "fucking idiots"......and wonders why so many want him banned from this site..
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
steviep123
Sly Williams

Dan Hurley to Sign Restructured Contract @ URI through 2021

Unread post by steviep123 »

Rhody15 wrote:Contract details should come out today or tomorrow. Can't wait!

Also, as a side-note, went to the Scout PC board and read the Hurley thread. Puke city. Those people are unbearable. Won't go on that board again.
Ditto. I can't believe the arrogance. They think they are the 1927 Yankees and we are a single A team in comparison. Wow, talk about having your heads in the clouds. Whoever Scorpio2 is on that board seems to be the one voice of clarity.

Between that and a twitter exchange I was having with a St. John's fan, who thinks the new Big East is the Big 10 or ACC, and the gap between them and the A10 is the Grand Canyon, it's no wonder why I don't like Big East teams. I try to root for most Eastern basketball teams, but these guys make it impossible.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: Dan Hurley to Sign Restructured Contract @ URI through 2

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Someone said a year or so ago, that BE coaches would start to bail out of there.

It's happening, and their replacements look to be no great shakes.

Hearing that Georgetown wants out too. Fox money might be the only thing keeping that bunch propped up.

On the Dayton board, most now want to stay in the A10, as long as the league isn't decimated by more realignment in the future.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Here's something. Now we're irrelevant to them, right?
We're the ones obsessed with them, right?
Three threads on Hurley, not counting the Lavin Leaving thread, which turned into
Hurley to SJU, 113 posts, and 9,422 views!
Yup the NBE is better than the ACC, and everyone else.
Dayton with six players kicked them to the curb, amid endless excuses.
Two years and one team to the Sweet 16. The P5s quake in their shoes.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

steviep123 wrote:
Rhody15 wrote:Contract details should come out today or tomorrow. Can't wait!

Also, as a side-note, went to the Scout PC board and read the Hurley thread. Puke city. Those people are unbearable. Won't go on that board again.
Ditto. I can't believe the arrogance. They think they are the 1927 Yankees and we are a single A team in comparison. Wow, talk about having your heads in the clouds. Whoever Scorpio2 is on that board seems to be the one voice of clarity.

Between that and a twitter exchange I was having with a St. John's fan, who thinks the new Big East is the Big 10 or ACC, and the gap between them and the A10 is the Grand Canyon, it's no wonder why I don't like Big East teams. I try to root for most Eastern basketball teams, but these guys make it impossible.
I try not to get into the pissing contest, but to be fair - we haven't done anything to warrant us going back at them. Yes this program is at the best point it's been before a season in 16 years - but it's been a pathetic 16 years.

It's still been 5 years since we beat PC. They've been to 3 NCAA tournaments and have multiple NBA players and a conference title since our last. The time will come when we're on top of them again, and it's coming soon. It just makes us all look dumb when we try to make the comparison right now. We will lose, because we haven't done anything yet.

2013 the A10 was far superior to the Big East. 2014 the Big East took it back. It will be cyclical between the conferences from this point moving forward. Last year we had 6 teams and a lack luster showing but for 1 team. This year they had 6 teams and a lack luster showing but for 1 team.

Nova was better than VCU this year. Depaul was leaps and bounds ahead of Fordham, Duquesne, and Mason.

The A10 had a very down year in OOC across the board. We graduated a lot of talent in 2013 and it showed. Both conferences will probably do the same for the foreseeable future with the back and forth.

Until the A10 drops the deadweight at the bottom, we honestly will lose those head to head comparisons.

The arrogance is funny though - the gap is so close with regards to the A10/Big East - but they are miles behind the conferences they'd like to compare themselves to. I do think a lot of them still believe 'cuse, louisville, UConn, WVU, and Pitt are still there.

People in glass houses folks - you can't brag on potential. Let them have their fun and go off of what's happened, they've earned the right. It'll be that much more fun to tear them down in December :-D
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

rodfromcranston wrote:Here's something. Now we're irrelevant to them, right?
We're the ones obsessed with them, right?
Three threads on Hurley, not counting the Lavin Leaving thread, which turned into
Hurley to SJU, 113 posts, and 9,422 views!
Yup the NBE is better than the ACC, and everyone else.
Dayton with six players kicked them to the curb, amid endless excuses.
Two years and one team to the Sweet 16. The P5s quake in their shoes.
In the 2 years the NBE has existed:

2014:

NBE - 4 teams, highest round reached was round of 32
A10 - 6 teams, highest round reached was Elite 8

2015:

NBE - 6 teams, highest round reached was Sweet 16 (1 team)
A10 - 3 teams, highest round reached was round of 32.

So NBE had 10 appearances and reached the Sweet 16. The A10 had 9 teams and reached the Elite 8.

Oh yeah, such a canyon in level....... :roll:
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

For what it's worth, I laugh at our pc intruders. Nothing worse than spending your time being obnoxious on another board. Who cares? I cared far more about the pseudo ram fans who used to invade our premises. The ones who were the "realistic fans" who only wanted us to remain in mediocrity. When one of us would dare to dream, they would be shot down saying it would never happen. We don't see these people anymore because our coach has made our dreams much closer to reality. Go dreamers!!
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

neil wrote:For what it's worth, I laugh at our pc intruders. Nothing worse than spending your time being obnoxious on another board. Who cares? I cared far more about the pseudo ram fans who used to invade our premises. The ones who were the "realistic fans" who only wanted us to remain in mediocrity. When one of us would dare to dream, they would be shot down saying it would never happen. We don't see these people anymore because our coach has made our dreams much closer to reality. Go dreamers!!
For real Neil - this week dreamers 1000000 mediocrity - 0
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
steviep123
Sly Williams

neil wrote:For what it's worth, I laugh at our pc intruders. Nothing worse than spending your time being obnoxious on another board. Who cares? I cared far more about the pseudo ram fans who used to invade our premises. The ones who were the "realistic fans" who only wanted us to remain in mediocrity. When one of us would dare to dream, they would be shot down saying it would never happen. We don't see these people anymore because our coach has made our dreams much closer to reality. Go dreamers!!
+ INFINITY!
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ramswin
Abdul Fox

Unread post by ramswin »

PC fans are the worst. GarthFriar is some loser who never even went to PC. They need to worry about their own program. They were all talking about some "magical run" the Friars were going to have this year. How did that turn out? In 2016 I don't see them making the Tournament. If by some fluke they do make it, like in 2014 when Seton Hall upset Villanova in the Big East tournament, then PC will lose in the 1st round again.......because that's just what they do. Ed "First Round" Cooley and his $2 million salary will be feeling the heat in 2 or 3 years.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Agreed, but like BM said, we have to start getting to at least the 1st round, to be on par with them.

I think we'll do better once we get there. Just have to get there, and really put the heat on those PC nitwits.

Next season, I see the A10 getting at least 4-5 bids. We have to be one of them.....
0 x
Keaney.Blue
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Keaney.Blue »

I've ran into many PC fans in NYC either through business or friends and they've all been great people. The Friar fans that go on a URI board to talk trash are small-minded people, just ignore them. I'd wager that some of them probably aren't even PC grads. You know we're doing something right when they feel insecure enough to have to visit us 8-)
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Keaney.Blue wrote:I've ran into many PC fans in NYC either through business or friends and they've all been great people. The Friar fans that go on a URI board to talk trash are small-minded people, just ignore them. I'd wager that some of them probably aren't even PC grads. You know we're doing something right when they feel insecure enough to have to visit us 8-)
Almost every PC alum I know is good people. Most PC fans didn't go to PC - which is fine. I appreciate all the non-alum Rhody fans. But it is the type of person who roots for PC without having gone there. Maybe the most obnoxious and embarrassingly Rhode Island-type of people there is
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I decided to read that sorry board for the first time too. There is a thread about the Chris Mullin hire. Several are trying to discuss Mullin, and Little Seanie, Creeps for Life, and whoever this Idiot Darth guy is, keep interrupting and bash Hurley. It's funny, just like here, they add nothing to the conversation there. I bet most on that board can't stand these three losers either. This Darth fool even admits that he visits this board daily.....LOSER!!!!
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Funny thing about Darth....... I used to exchange PMs with him
on the old Projo board, going back to 1999.
I liked him. He seemed reasonable, and knowledgeable on the
game.
Somewhere along the line, he became a real hater.
Maybe he always was? Who knows?
He would occasionally come on our board for a decent discussion.
Guess that was then, and this is now.
0 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

Agreed Rod. He has bought into his own hype. Its almost like he is trying to build himself up some superfan of PC. I think he worked at a bank in Westerly RI. the amount of hate is on a comical level. Must not have much going on in his life.
0 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

TP you hit it on the head. Most PC grads I never had a problem with. Its the guys who have never stepped into a classroom at PC that are the worst.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Everything I ever needed to know about their board I learned before last hockey season. I went on there to see their hockey discussion seeing as Schneider Arena was set to reopen from their massive renovation and their team was getting some serious preseason buzz with John Buccigross having them ranked 2nd in his preseason poll. And it was crickets, no discussion. Just a board full of ill informed "fans" that can't ever do the whole front runner thing properly. I'm sure they're all the world's biggest fans now though...
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Hey, Swift! Lay off the Cranston references!
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Smokinjimit wrote:TP you hit it on the head. Most PC grads I never had a problem with. Its the guys who have never stepped into a classroom at PC that are the worst.
That's actually a very true point (see what I did there). The PC fans that tend to be the most insufferable lack any college education, nevermind one at PC. The PC alums I do know are far more reasonable and understand that there are striking similarities between both us and PC. Though they are on a much higher pedestal right now - in the college basketball world as a whole we're both largely irrelevant programs and never an automatic pick to come out of their respective conference.

If you took stock in both the A10 and Big East - historically, no matter what we want to say, both programs average out to the middle, maybe even slightly below middle, over the last 25 years.

Yes it's easy for PC to point now at what a joke we have been, because we have. They have been too. They emerged from it, but they were just lucky enough that their admins realized it before signing Welsh or Keno to a 10 year deal, and wound up with a good coach who will be there for a very long time, if not life, and make them a consistent competitor.

We are on the same trajectory right now, and it scares them because God knows how they'll handle us being equal again. Like what Yankee fans had to cope with once Boston starting winning. It's terrifying to think about. They HAVE to continue to beat us now, because once we start winning again, what do they have left?

Now they're an above average team in the Big East, that will continue to be competitive, but has fallen short in 2 consecutive NCAA bids - most embarrassingly this most recent one. I'm certainly not going to sit here and say their season wasn't a success, nor that it wasn't vastly superior to ours - but it's got to be terrifying to be a Friar fan right now, because what if they won't be top dog in the state any more?

They've been handed the state flagship program banner by default thanks to our decade and a half of irrelevance. Kinda scary for them to have to wonder or try to remember what it's like when the programs are equal, or...gasp, if URI jumps ahead. That will be a fun melt down to watch.
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
steviep123
Sly Williams

rodfromcranston wrote:Funny thing about Darth....... I used to exchange PMs with him
on the old Projo board, going back to 1999.
I liked him. He seemed reasonable, and knowledgeable on the
game.
Somewhere along the line, he became a real hater.
Maybe he always was? Who knows?
He would occasionally come on our board for a decent discussion.
Guess that was then, and this is now.
Rod, I actually exchanged a few messages on the old Projo board and even met him in person at a game once. Seemed to be just a good college hoops fan at the time and a pretty good guy. Since then I haven't seen or heard much of him. I don't remember if I've seen him post on here since we moved to this forum, so I can't speak for how he is now. I understand being passionate, we all are. But the people on the other board should have a little more respect for their peers.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Blue Man wrote: If you took stock in both the A10 and Big East - historically, no matter what we want to say, both programs average out to the middle, maybe even slightly below middle, over the last 25 years.

Yes it's easy for PC to point now at what a joke we have been, because we have. They have been too. They emerged from it, but they were just lucky enough that their admins realized it before signing Welsh or Keno to a 10 year deal, and wound up with a good coach who will be there for a very long time, if not life, and make them a consistent competitor.

We are on the same trajectory right now, and it scares them because God knows how they'll handle us being equal again. Like what Yankee fans had to cope with once Boston starting winning. It's terrifying to think about. They HAVE to continue to beat us now, because once we start winning again, what do they have left?

Now they're an above average team in the Big East, that will continue to be competitive, but has fallen short in 2 consecutive NCAA bids - most embarrassingly this most recent one. I'm certainly not going to sit here and say their season wasn't a success, nor that it wasn't vastly superior to ours - but it's got to be terrifying to be a Friar fan right now, because what if they won't be top dog in the state any more?

They've been handed the state flagship program banner by default thanks to our decade and a half of irrelevance. Kinda scary for them to have to wonder or try to remember what it's like when the programs are equal, or...gasp, if URI jumps ahead. That will be a fun melt down to watch.
Swish! Absolutely fair and on the mark!
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

TruePoint wrote:
Keaney.Blue wrote:I've ran into many PC fans in NYC either through business or friends and they've all been great people. The Friar fans that go on a URI board to talk trash are small-minded people, just ignore them. I'd wager that some of them probably aren't even PC grads. You know we're doing something right when they feel insecure enough to have to visit us 8-)
Almost every PC alum I know is good people. Most PC fans didn't go to PC - which is fine. I appreciate all the non-alum Rhody fans. But it is the type of person who roots for PC without having gone there. Maybe the most obnoxious and embarrassingly Rhode Island-type of people there is
Agreed. I've actually had PC tans who didn't go to PC (let alone any degree granting program after high school) tell me that "URI is a safety school", "URI only is good if you want to be a teacher", and other inane comments. You just have to ignore. It's kind of sad how there are people in RI who've never experienced anything. If I wanted to, I could have gone to PC. I didn't want to have another four years of Catholic school and preferred everything Kingston had to offer over an urban campus smack dab in PVD.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

My best friend from high school, couldn't get into URI.
He was accepted at PC, however.
I'm sure PC has improved academically, since then.
but they aren't exactly Harvard.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I apologize for blaming Sean......it was peeps.....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

I usually stay away from this stuff, but here are two thoughts:

1. ALL fan bases have a select few fans that are delusional -- present company included -- but PC fans are a little extra nutty. Just search "Final Four #pcbb" on Twitter for some quality examples:

https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q ... b&src=typd

2. Imagine how they'll be acting / reacting when we actually WIN something? Scary thought.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

For the most part a great majority of them on that board are High School Rob Lowe -- trading on history and the old BE to put down us and ignore their modern day positioning as very similar to URI. RJ is the most logical poster there. Sean is the lowest form of man - a passive aggressive, tattle-tale, snide little creature.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Final Four? They were a Final Four team.....
in the NBE tournament.
0 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

Taylor Swift wrote:
TruePoint wrote:
Agreed. I've actually had PC tans who didn't go to PC (let alone any degree granting program after high school) tell me that "URI is a safety school", "URI only is good if you want to be a teacher", and other inane comments. You just have to ignore. It's kind of sad how there are people in RI who've never experienced anything. If I wanted to, I could have gone to PC. I didn't want to have another four years of Catholic school and preferred everything Kingston had to offer over an urban campus smack dab in PVD.
Smack dab in the chad brown projects :D
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

One of the worst posters there is some arrogant guy that goes by the ID gregct. Is very dismissive and condescending toward URI/A-10 and totally obsessed with UConn. I think he actually really believes that PC is somehow on UConn's level. He is completely delusional.

I won't even comment on DarthFriar. What else more could be written about him?

I would never post there. Coren runs that board like the pope and Catholic Church. Any dissent is forbidden as only TRUE BELIEVERS are welcome. All personal rational thought and logic have no place there. It is akin to a cult.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

rodfromcranston wrote:Hey, Swift! Lay off the Cranston references!
Rod, don't tell us now that you're from Cranston!! After all these years we had no idea!!
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I know for a fact that Rod has on many occasions ventured outside the knowledge triangle of Crantston-Johnston-Providence, so he's cool.
0 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

Gregct makes me laugh every time he posts anything URI. Steve Hartnett also gets really upset when Bill Koch or any other media members tweet anything positive about URI.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Ram1019 wrote:Gregct makes me laugh every time he posts anything URI. Steve Hartnett also gets really upset when Bill Koch or any other media members tweet anything positive about URI.

He loves to write ad nauseam that he has never met a URI fan when there is any post concerning Rhody. That is somehow supposed to mean something. To me it means Greg never gets out from under the rock where he lives.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Hartnett's a professional troll.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

I think we really need sean's posts. Without them, how are we ever going to remember how many years in a row they've beaten us?
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

ramfan85 wrote:I think we really need sean's posts. Without them, how are we ever going to remember how many years in a row they've beaten us?
I ain't laughing.
0 x