Flagg Road

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Flagg Road

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Seriously, if you haven't experienced this yet do yourself a favor and check it out.

Incredible that students return on Sunday and this train wreck isn't fixed yet!

138 in places looks like Bosnia in mid 90's after a mortar barrage!

Disgraceful!
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Flagg Road

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

We talkin' the upper part with all the frost heaves near Old North Rd?

I've had enough of frost heaves and chunks of asphalt on South Road this Winter.

0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Yeah, the top of Flagg Road where it meets Old North Rd. is brutal. I've seen some really bad frost heaves in a lot of places. Unfortunately, unlike pot holes, I'm not sure they can do much with the frost heaves until better weather. Pot holes you can patch it up, the top of Flagg Road they're going to have to dig up, secure the ground underneath and repave. They'll probably try to do that before graduation, but it might have to wait until summer.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

ATP, is that a picture of your VW? OMG!

The stretch of 108 from Wakefield into Kingston, and 138W from 108 to around the train station is just HORRENDOUS. Some of the worst pot holes I've ever witnessed. I've also been told to completely avoid High Street at all costs.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

It is. Also be careful at the north end of Ministerial Rd between the West Kingston Elementary and 138.

I hit a smaller version of this on South Road going North.

0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Taylor Swift wrote: The stretch of 108 from Wakefield into Kingston, and 138W from 108 to around the train station is just HORRENDOUS. Some of the worst pot holes I've ever witnessed. I've also been told to completely avoid High Street at all costs.
TS High Street made the national news last week.....

It was incredible. Utter tarmac carnage.....

Been plugged finally for now...won't last.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

It's been a brutal winter for sure, but the roads around URI aren't the only ones that are bad. Road construction crews are going to be very busy this spring and summer.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Try going into The Emporium!
You could go swimming in some of the giant craters.
Terrible!
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Yeah, the top of Flagg Road where it meets Old North Rd. is brutal. I've seen some really bad frost heaves in a lot of places. Unfortunately, unlike pot holes, I'm not sure they can do much with the frost heaves until better weather. Pot holes you can patch it up, the top of Flagg Road they're going to have to dig up, secure the ground underneath and repave. They'll probably try to do that before graduation, but it might have to wait until summer.

It is really bad as you turn onto it from Old North Road. The road surface actually undulates with lots of dips. I was thankfully forewarned driving to the Davidson game by someone in my car that is a part time instructor at URI. That means it has been like that for at least a month.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

The paving contractors and asphalt plants are going to make a fortune this year.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote:The paving contractors and asphalt plants are going to make a fortune this year.
It's like some of the roads around here are pothole farms wedged in between turf farms.
The saddest part is...in some of the places where they 'fix' the potholes...they actually make it worse....
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

R 138 in front of our university athletic complex is shameful.....not gonna be well received by daddy's Lexus from NJ on college search visit.

proving once again that Smith Hill cares not one little bit about state u.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

hrstrat57 wrote:R 138 in front of our university athletic complex is shameful.....not gonna be well received by daddy's Lexus from NJ on college search visit.

proving once again that Smith Hill cares not one little bit about state u.
Yep...and just watch, they'll put a bumpy black strip of patchwork on it just like they did on 108 from Wakefield into Kingston and make it worse....
0 x
Surfri72
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Surfri72 »

That utility patch on 108 is a disgrace. the state had better be coming back through this summer and finish the resurface they started last year.
0 x
Surfri72
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Surfri72 »

They must have read my post. drove it today and they are resurfacing. I have the power supreme
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Use it on R 138
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Last week they were spraying some cold mix on the eastbound side of 138 down near the frat circle. The road needs a complete resurface, but maybe DOT will do that after other utility upgrades are performed. The 108 Natural Gas pipe upgrade was disruptive, but a 138 upgrade in front of URI up through Kingston village would be terrible.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

If I recall correctly, an extensive rehab from High Street in South Kingstown up to and along Route 138 in Kingston and West Kingston is on the town and state's five-year request for federal funding, at the highest priority, with the hope to begin work either this summer or next. However, that was as of a couple months ago, and obviously things can change depending on what other 'fires' they're trying to put out across the state and federally...
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Surfri72 wrote:They must have read my post. drove it today and they are resurfacing. I have the power supreme
And I was in SC for a week...came back....drove it today and it's fixed...HURRAY! More WK business for Wakefield Liquors!!! :lol:
0 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

Nothing will happen until the coalition of the Dem. Party in RI, the Laborers Union, and Construction company get the tolls they want. The RI DOT does not want it to appear that State can fix any roads without the tolls.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Conspiracy theory much?

Resurfacing roads is not the same cost as the kind of bridge full rehabilitation that is required. Nowhere near the same cost.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

OBRAM wrote:Nothing will happen until the coalition of the Dem. Party in RI, the Laborers Union, and Construction company get the tolls they want. The RI DOT does not want it to appear that State can fix any roads without the tolls.

This is Much Much higher than the RI DOT. VP Biden is coming to support the tolls in RI. This tolling was conceived in DC and our weak gov is the gullible guinea pig.

HRC's platform is Infrastructure Improvements. She chose RI to start this since, well, RI just votes for Clintons. Except, well, we didn't. Come November, this toll plan is as dead as HRC getting the majority of votes in RI.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Politics makes people think and say crazy things. I used to like politics but it is making the country insane.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
theblueram
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote:Politics makes people think and say crazy things. I used to like politics but it is making the country insane.
Politics in this state make people go to JAIL. Oh yeah, in your state as well.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Corruption and scandal are the norm when it comes to RI politics.

CT isn't much different.

Everybody has their hand in the cookie jar.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Scathing front page editorial on the RI Speaker of the House

http://www.providencejournal.com/opinio ... telligence
0 x