Andy Gresh

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Andy Gresh

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

In case anyone is interested, today is Andy Gresh's last show on 98.5 The Sports Hub. Starting on Tuesday, Mark "the beetle" Bertrand will be doing the midday show with Scott Zolak.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Andy Gresh

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Awwww....
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Why is Gresh leaving?
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Sounds like a difference in opinion of how much he's worth combined with Gresh maybe having an opportunity elsewhere.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Damn Gresh and Zo was the best show on Boston radio. I don't know why these stations are always dismantling their good shows. EEI ruined their afternoon drive by breaking up the Big Show and bringing in Holley and later pushing Ordway out altogether. Mark Bertrand is the worst kind of human being. I feel bad for Zo.

I used to really dislike Gresh back in his old 790 The Score days, but he has made himself into an actual decent, reasonable sports talk host. I'm sure he will land on his feet.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

TruePoint wrote: I used to really dislike Gresh back in his old 790 The Score days, but he has made himself into an actual decent, reasonable sports talk host. I'm sure he will land on his feet.
Yep, 100% agree, keep the thread updated.

Gresh has been loyal to URI and has come a long way for sure.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

He's loyal to URI? Do I have the wrong guy in my mind?!
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote:Damn Gresh and Zo was the best show on Boston radio. I don't know why these stations are always dismantling their good shows. EEI ruined their afternoon drive by breaking up the Big Show and bringing in Holley and later pushing Ordway out altogether. Mark Bertrand is the worst kind of human being. I feel bad for Zo.
Gresh and Zo were the best on Boston radio for football, which is obviously huge, but they were pretty weak when it came to other sports. I don't have high hopes for Bertrand. I don't dislike him like you, but he seemed to check out a while ago on Felger and Mazz in his position as the voice of reason/the average fan. Can he be a strong enough cohost to balance out Zo's energy and can he keep up during football talk?

When it comes to running a station, EEI is the absolute worst. Dennis and Callahan and now Minihan are just terrible human beings and D+C always seem to want to turn their sports talk show into a political show. Toucher and Rich routinely kill them in the ratings on top of all of that, yet they still have a spot. The midday show used to be good when it was Holley and Dale, but it wasn't controversial enough, so they canned Dale and their midday slot has been weak since. And the afternoon drive has been a cluster for years. Ordway got fat and lazy because he got great ratings when there was no competition. Smerlas, Mustard, Johnson, and most of that crew were useless, but because they were friends with Ordway they were on all the time, especially because Ordway had about 26 weeks of vacation a year. DeOssie was really the only decent part of that show, but anytime he was around Smerlas even he became poor. So when Felger and Mazz came on the scene and seemed a little different they started killing The Big Show, and Ordway had no answers. Then they added Holley and that bombed. Then they got rid of Ordway and paired Holley with Salk, which bombed. Then they went back to the future and canned Salk and paired Holley and Dale back together, which is refreshing compared to Felger and Mazz, but will probably end up poorly, because if they couldn't carry midday they won't be able to carry the afternoon drive. And they went through way too much trial and error to end up with a bad morning drive and midday show and a promoted midday show. And they continue to have Holley carry the station's banner when there's no evidence he can do it. He's gone through how many cohosts, at what point does the finger get pointed at him as the problem? Finally, they botch something as simple as when to have the commercials. I get in my car at 5, like a lot of people. If I want to hear sports talk, Felger and Mazz are on for the first 15 minutes of my drive, Dale and Holley are in commercial. So if I feel like listening to sports talk, even though I don't like Felger and Mazz, they have at least 5 minutes to try and hold my attention. That's a recipe for disaster for EEI.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Actually I guess he isn't all the way out, he's filling in for Toucher and Rich next week.
0 x
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

Gresh was solid a few years ago when he was working on Sirius XM's Mad Dog Radio as well.
0 x
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

But how has he been supportive of URI on the air?
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Loyal to URI? In what lifetime?
That's sheer baloney.
This clown acts like he was an all pro lineman, instead of a
backup on a lousy team, who quit after two years.
Just a loud mouthed buffoon.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

rodfromcranston wrote:Loyal to URI? In what lifetime?
That's sheer baloney.
This clown acts like he was an all pro lineman, instead of a
backup on a lousy team, who quit after two years.
Just a loud mouthed buffoon.
Except that he and Zo have (had) probably the best deep-dive football show in mainstream media in the country.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I strongly dislike Dennis Callahan and Minihane.....they act like 8th grade bully boys....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

I think Chrsitian Fauria is hilarious on the midday show.
Dale and Holley is a very intelligent show.
I hate whiney old lady Mazz and purposely contrarian Felger.
On the other hand, is there a bigger goofball than Planet Mikey?
How this guy stays on the air is a mystery.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Dale Arnold is a human boiled cabbage. I'd rather listen to the background noise in my office than listen to him talk about anything.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

TP, I'm trying to picture that comment about Dale, not quite able to wrap my mind around it though....

:P
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

The only things I remember Gresh saying about URI football were insulting comments. He sounds ashamed to have been on the team.
I guess he subscribes to the Grouch Marx line: "I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member."
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

rodfromcranston wrote:I think Chrsitian Fauria is hilarious on the midday show.
Dale and Holley is a very intelligent show.
I hate whiney old lady Mazz and purposely contrarian Felger.
On the other hand, is there a bigger goofball than Planet Mikey?
How this guy stays on the air is a mystery.

I trained Mikey on Planet Bressler. Love that guy….Whenever I tune in during the show there's something that appeals to me, Captain Random. Totally scattered!
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Ever listen to EEI at night, when the drunks start calling?
Hilarious.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

rodfromcranston wrote:Ever listen to EEI at night, when the drunks start calling?
Hilarious.
They're drunk????
0 x