Check out my music video!

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
RamInLA
Michael Andersen

Check out my music video!

Unread post by RamInLA »

Hope you like it....we're a very laid back kinda band :ugeek: . If anyone has any contacts in the music industry (labels, radio, press, WHATEVER) let me know!

0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: Check out my music video!

Unread post by adam914 »

Good stuff man, nice job. I really enjoyed it.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Just a quick thought.....internet savvy musicians are making it on their own from what I understand...direct delivery of their product without the middleman.....the future may be in your own hands...good luck !!!
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Wow, very nice video. Song was so chill.... :)
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RamInLA
Michael Andersen

Unread post by RamInLA »

Thanks for checking it out guys, I really appreciate you taking the time. Ramulous, I agree 100 percent. Totally up to the musicians to make a splash at this point, though I've found that networking is equally important. The game has changed, that's for sure!
0 x
Statbeastjr
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Statbeastjr »

Nice video man! I checked out your other stuff, you guys have a cool sound going on there. You kinda remind me of the Low Anthem who's also from Rhode Island. Just curious if you moved out to LA for music? There's actually a pretty good music scene in RI, mostly Providence. Not sure if you've listened to Deer Tick but they're an awesome band from RI. Also if anyone wants to check out a band that my brother is in they're called Ravi Shavi. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ravi-Shav ... 8091127385.
0 x
RamInLA
Michael Andersen

Unread post by RamInLA »

thanks for listening man! I did move out to LA to pursue music, and so far it's paid off pretty well. There's just a huge community of musicians/people in the business, which is something RI just doesn't have. We recently opened for The Monkees at the Greek Theater (what?) and we played with John C. Reilly's bluegrass band as well, so we have a lot of cool things happening for us.

Ravi Shavi is super cool! I like both the songs, lots of energy. I'm a huge fan of both The Low Anthem and Deer Tick. It's been nice to see the RI scene finally get some well deserved recognition. We'll be playing a show in Providence hopefully on our tour next summer, so keep an eye out!
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Wait, John C. Reilly has a bluegrass band? How did I not know this. Thats amazing.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I was ready to say something fake nice and encouraging, but this was legitimately good. Congrats man. Cool video.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RamInLA
Michael Andersen

Unread post by RamInLA »

John C. Reilly DOES have a bluegrass band, and they're pretty cool. They do a lot of old school bluegrass standards. I was expecting it to be a comedy act or something but it's not, they're a legit band. Did you know Steve Martin has a bluegrass band too? He's a beast on the banjo.

TP, thanks for the kind words. It always helps to hear stuff like that in a very uncertain business. Who knows, maybe someday we'll get to play at the Ryan Center. :lol:
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

U guys should work on your version of the Star Spangled Banner. That would be cool to hear your version of it!
0 x
RamInLA
Michael Andersen

Unread post by RamInLA »

We actually have been working on that! Our publicist has some contacts at Staples Center and is trying to hook that up (that would be crazy). That would be awesome to do it before a Rhody game too though, plus it would be a good excuse for me to get to a game this year haha. Anyone know who I should talk to at the Ryan Center?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RamInLA wrote:John C. Reilly DOES have a bluegrass band, and they're pretty cool. They do a lot of old school bluegrass standards. I was expecting it to be a comedy act or something but it's not, they're a legit band. Did you know Steve Martin has a bluegrass band too? He's a beast on the banjo.

TP, thanks for the kind words. It always helps to hear stuff like that in a very uncertain business. Who knows, maybe someday we'll get to play at the Ryan Center. :lol:
I have heard Steve Martin and his band. Just like you said about Reilly, I kind of expected it to be a joke, but they are really good.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

adam914 wrote:
RamInLA wrote:John C. Reilly DOES have a bluegrass band, and they're pretty cool. They do a lot of old school bluegrass standards. I was expecting it to be a comedy act or something but it's not, they're a legit band. Did you know Steve Martin has a bluegrass band too? He's a beast on the banjo.

I have heard Steve Martin and his band. Just like you said about Reilly, I kind of expected it to be a joke, but they are really good.
Steve Martin is a chameleon. He's also respected as an art collector and critic, and he's almost completely put his comedy career behind himself. If you haven't read his book, Born Standing Up, it's a really articulate read on why he moved away from doing stand-up. (I think his last "performance" that was straight standpoint was in the 1970s.)
0 x
RamInLA
Michael Andersen

Unread post by RamInLA »

Awesome I'm going to have to check it out, that's really interesting that he doesn't do stand-up at all anymore.

Side note: if anyone can take 2 seconds to vote for us (The Borrower's Debt) to be The Deli Magazine's "Artist of the Month" it would be greatly appreciated. You don't have to sign up for anything, just click on our name and then "submit". Thanks!

http://la.thedelimagazine.com/snacks
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Done...voted. Good luck!
0 x
RamInLA
Michael Andersen

Unread post by RamInLA »

Thanks Adam!
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I have cast my ballot also......good luck !!
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Voted. Good luck chasing down Raheem! I hope all of you guys on the board vote and support your fellow Ram!
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RamInLA
Michael Andersen

Unread post by RamInLA »

Awesome! Thanks guys! Lovin the Rhody pride.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Voted! Close race!!!
0 x
RamInLA
Michael Andersen

Unread post by RamInLA »

Last chance to vote! Ends at midnight Eastern time. You can vote once from each computer/phone/ipad. Thanks again my fellow Rams!

http://la.thedelimagazine.com/snacks
0 x
RamInLA
Michael Andersen

Unread post by RamInLA »

We won! And only by 3 votes, 480-477. So thanks to those of you who voted, your vote definitely counted.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Wow! Great news!
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Wow thats fantastic...congrats.
0 x