URI: A moving day for students, families

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
Maineiac66
Abdul Fox

Re: URI: A moving day for students, families

Unread post by Maineiac66 »

Yeah, I still remember coming down from Maine that September day in 1962 wondering what the hell I'd gotten myself into!

Also the infamous speech from Dean Quinn " Look to the right of you, look to the left of you........" He was generally correct in that there was quite a bit of attrition by the end of our freshman year - most being students from Rhode Island. The Dean of Admissions at the time (Dean Eastwood) got in some trouble for his remarks to the Providence Journal about having to reach " the bottom of the barrel" to find enough Rhode Island students to fill the freshman class. Several of those "bottom dwellers" resided on the first floor of Butterfield Hall. I think the average of the residents of one triple room was a .9!

I think the initial number in our class was around 1,200. Amazing to think of the increase in 50 years.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Re: URI: A moving day for students, families

Unread post by RF1 »

My nephew, A URI Junior, moved into his house rental down the line yesterday. It was also his 21st birthday and he was planning his night out. Hopefully he just did Charlie O's as he can walk there and back. My biggest concern about him living off campus is the fact that almost everything is a drive and I worry about him doing so while impaired.
0 x