RIP Robin Williams

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

RIP Robin Williams

Unread post by rambone 78 »

What a shame. One of the all time great comedians. His stand up acts were hilarious.

Who knows what demons lurk in people's minds.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Re: RIP Robin Williams

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Yahoo had the initial story third on their headline list.
Their first story was about Kendall Jenner. Yahoo seems to think everyone's top priority is to
know everything the Kartrashains are doing.
Meanwhile the world burns......
I liked Robin Williams. He was troubled for sure, as have many comedians. RIP.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

"Goooooooood morning Vietnam! It's 0600 hours. What does the "O" stand for? O my God, it's early!"

Will always be one of my fav. movie quotes.
0 x
Maineiac66
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Maineiac66 »

Having served most of my Vietnam time in Saigon, Good Morning Vietnam, was a surprisingly accurate portrail of a lot of the goings on - the Tet Offensive excepted.

I became a Robin Williams admirer after that and later the Dead Poet's Society.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

If you want to see his acting range, watch Insomnia.
Very strange movie set in Alaska, with Al Pacino.
Williams plays the villain and gives a great bad guy performance,
as the guy who knows Pacino's secret.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

One Hour Photo is an underrated one as well. Very creepy portrayal but he is amazing in it.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Dead Poets Society... great movie and very underrated. Good Morning Vietnam, one of my favorites. Last but not least, the voice of Genie in Aladdin.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

Genie in aladdin was complete improved
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

What a class act. Sorry to see him go out this way. My favorite comedian of all time.
Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society, Good Will Hunting and more…he did some great work in the box office. He was a tremendous stand up comic and just as good of a humanitarian.
I will miss him and his humor. :(
Below is a long quote from Good Morning Vietnam…hilarious:
Good morning, Vietnam! Hey, this is not a test. This is rock and roll. Time to rock it from the delta to the DMZ! Is that me, or does that sound like an Elvis Presley movie? Viva Da Nang. Oh, viva, Da Nang. Da Nang me, Da Nang me. Why don't they get a rope and hang me? Hey, is it a little too early for being that loud? Hey, too late. It's 0600 What's the "0" stand for? Oh, my God, it's early. Speaking of early, how about that Cro-Magnon, Marty Dreiwitz? Thank you, Marty, for "silky-smooth sound." Make me sound like Peggy Lee. Freddy and the Dreamers! Wrong speed. We've got it on the wrong speed. For those of you recovering from a hangover, that's gonna sound just right. Let's put her right back down. Let's try it a little faster, see if that picks it up a little bit. Those pilots are going, "I really like the music. I really like the music. I really like the music." Oh, it's still a bad song. Hey, wait a minute. Let's try something. Let's play this backwards and see if it gets any better. Freddy is a devil. Freddy is a devil. Picture a man going on a journey beyond sight and sound. He's left Crete. He's entered the demilitarized zone. All right. Hey, what is this "demilitarized zone"? What do they mean, "police action"? Sounds like a couple of cops in Brooklyn going, "You know, she looks pretty to me." Hey, whatever it is, I like it because it gets you on your toes better than a strong cup of cappuccino. What is a demilitarized zone? Sounds like something out of The Wizard of Oz, Oh, no, don't go in there. Oh-we-oh Ho Chi'Minh Oh, look, you've landed in Saigon. You're among the little people now. We represent the ARVN Army The ARVN Army Oh, no! Follow the Ho Chi Minh Trail. Follow the Ho Chi Minh Trail. "Oh, I'll get you, my pretty!" Oh, my God. It's the wicked witch of the north. It's Hanoi Hanna! "Now, little GI, you and your little 'tune-ooh' too!" "Oh, Adrian. Adrian. What are you doing, Adrian?" Oh, Hanna, you slut. You've been down on everything but the Titanic. Stop it right now. Hey, uh, hi. Can you help me? What's your name? "My name's Roosevelt E. Roosevelt." Roosevelt, what town are you stationed in?. "I'm stationed in Poontang." Well, thank you, Roosevelt. What's the weather like out there? "It's hot. Damn hot! Real hot! Hottest things is my shorts. I could cook things in it. A little crotch pot cooking." Well, can you tell me what it feels like. "Fool, it's hot! I told you again! Were you born on the sun? It's damn hot! I saw - It's so damn hot, I saw little guys, their orange robes burst into flames. It's that hot! Do you know what I'm talking about." What do you think it's going to be like tonight? "It's gonna be hot and wet! That's nice if you're with a lady, but it ain't no good if you're in the jungle." Thank you, Roosevelt. Here's a song coming your way right now. "Nowhere To Run To" by Martha and the Vandellas. Yes! Hey, you know what I mean! Too much?
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey