TruePoint is a Pompous Asshat

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

TruePoint is a Pompous Asshat

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Yeah, like a bunch of posters on a message board have the power to
sabotage a program.
What a joke.
We state what we think we see. Sometimes we don't like what we think we see.
Deal with it.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: Jordan Hare's Roster Status?

Unread post by TruePoint »

Gonebarongone wrote:Is BC or PC lucky or fortuitous is they get Terrell?
Yes. Obviously. Unless their plan was "have Terrell commit to another program, wait for him to decommit, THEN we will have him right where we want him!" I doubt that was their plan.

As far as URI is concerned, losing a player to a program that is in the best conference in basketball, is closer to home and has a new coach is just a fact of life. PC is unquestionably further along than URI right now, too. PC is coming off a NCAA tournament trip and URI has been down for almost five years.

You guys expecting us to kill it in recruiting are putting the cart before the horse. I don't know what universe you live in where you think URI is just going to pick whichever two or three players it chooses and shut down recruiting. If we want the staff to go after studs, we have to be prepared to lose those battles sometimes. Once we build the program, we may have access to elite recruits, but if your plan to build the program is "Step 1: get elite recruits" then you need a new plan.

rodfromcranston wrote:Yeah, like a bunch of posters on a message board have the power to
sabotage a program.
What a joke.
We state what we think we see. Sometimes we don't like what we think we see.
Deal with it.
Obviously what is said and written here has no DIRECT impact, but there has definitely been a change in attitude among a lot of the fan base over really granular details of the program that an outsider wouldn't even notice. For example, you personally have gone from a Hurley sycophant to a "I just call it like I see it" shit-stirrer in a matter of months, mainly because of a change in the assistant coaching staff and failing to get a recruit that was committed to another school a few weeks ago. In the big picture, I think having Preston and Terrell would be better than not having either of them, but the idea that we were headed in the right direction, but now suddenly we are not, is insane.

Telling me to "deal with it" is kind of funny coming from a guy who turned heel because his binky took a job with another program. I'm not having a hard time dealing with anything, I just think you're wrong in the way you are leading a panic right now. The team they assembled for next season will be good enough to take the next step forward in what they are trying to build here.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Shit stirrer? Maybe you should try to pull your head out of your ass and
see things as they are.
I'm not leading anything, except information.
As I've said, the next piece of news you bring to this board will be your first one.
You logic is flawed, because Hurley brought his best recruits in before his team ever
saw the floor. Gee, they must've been winners to bring Matthews and Martin in, right?
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

"our emotionally scarred fan base projecting their neuroses and feelings of inadequacy on the coach"
Talk about a sanctimonious pile of garbage! Another guy who stayed at a Holiday Inn and thinks
he's a psychologist.
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

TruePoint wrote:
The one area where I can easily say they screwed up is in not having a backup plan for Terrell. That was a mistake, and I said that at the time. To the extent they are criticized for any of the rest of it, I see that as our emotionally scarred fan base projecting their neuroses and feelings of inadequacy on the coach. As I've said before, if the progress is halted this year, or next year then all bets are off. The staff isn't infallible in my view. I'm just trying to stay realistic with my expectations. This is a tough rebuild and I don't think we are in a position to be impatient, so I choose to try to be supportive instead.
You must not realize how massively pompous that comes off. So, for the things you deem they have screwed up, you are allowed to be critical and term it a mistake. For anything else, its neurotic projection? You can certainly give reasons (excuses) why things haven't been great on the recruiting trail but the staff's recruiting since they were hired has been (maybe) a B+. Maybe. And that's because of EC and Hassan. The recruiting since (and there are inflection points like Bobby and probably PM) has been abysmal. It's worth talking about. And I'm certainly ready to put the excuse that he inherited a mess behind us. Enough.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Gonebarongone wrote:
TruePoint wrote:
The one area where I can easily say they screwed up is in not having a backup plan for Terrell. That was a mistake, and I said that at the time. To the extent they are criticized for any of the rest of it, I see that as our emotionally scarred fan base projecting their neuroses and feelings of inadequacy on the coach. As I've said before, if the progress is halted this year, or next year then all bets are off. The staff isn't infallible in my view. I'm just trying to stay realistic with my expectations. This is a tough rebuild and I don't think we are in a position to be impatient, so I choose to try to be supportive instead.
You must not realize how massively pompous that comes off. So, for the things you deem they have screwed up, you are allowed to be critical and term it a mistake. For anything else, its neurotic projection? You can certainly give reasons (excuses) why things haven't been great on the recruiting trail but the staff's recruiting since they were hired has been (maybe) a B+. Maybe. And that's because of EC and Hassan. The recruiting since (and there are inflection points like Bobby and probably PM) has been abysmal. It's worth talking about. And I'm certainly ready to put the excuse that he inherited a mess behind us. Enough.
What? Why is my opinion always being called pompous or condescending or whatever? You guys want to be able to rant and rave and throw a fit, and if someone disagrees with you then they are pompous and condescending. It isn't pompous to have a different opinion. Everyone is behaving here like we are doomed because a guy that wasn't coming here is still not coming here and future bit part may have decided to go play in a one bid league (or we may have decided we didn't need him), and I don't think that makes sense. I make three paragraphs worth of points, and you try to make an issue of the way I made one of them and don't address anything that I said at all.

Maybe you can tell me which of these opinions make me pompous, specifically (again, these are MY OPINIONS):

- This staff has made one real mistake, and that was not having more irons in the fire beyond Terrell for the one spot they thought they had to fill in this class.

- Both the recruiting efforts and our on-court performance last year were made more difficult because we lost 4 guys we counted on during the season. Instead of coming off of a buzzworthy season with one spot to fill, we are coming off a losing season with three or four spots to fill.

- The coach has generally done a pretty decent job dealing with all of the obstacles he has had to contend with: they lost out on Terrell, and after being caught flat-footed ended up grabbing another guard that will help them; they lost Aaman and added Watson to replace him; Hare left the team and they managed the situation so he could come back; he lost his top assistant twice, and twice made what I consider to be pretty good moves to replace them.

- The team that takes the floor this fall will be better than last year's team to the same degree that last year's team was better than the previous year's team. That is called progress. And so as long as we are making progress I am going to continue to support the coach and his staff. When the progress stops then I'll be right there with you guys. I just think for now you are overreacting.

- One reason the fan base is so ridiculously negative about all of this is because they have suffered for a long time and are running out of patience.

You may not agree with me. That is fine. We can have a discussion in which I make a point, you make a counterpoint, etc., or you can call me pompous and condescending because you don't want to have that type of discussion. Up to you.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

So, let me get this straight. You can call people shit stirrers and psychotic, inadequate et al,
but you object to people calling you out on it and you aren't in the least at fault?
Oh, OK..........
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

My problem with being called pompous and condescending is that you do that instead of actually responding to what I'm saying. Honestly, I could care less if you think I'm pompous. It is a hilariously wrong thing to think, but be my guest.

I'd just appreciate it if you would say "here is why I disagree with you on [some point I made]" instead of reading what I said and calling me pompous because it makes you feel better about not having anything substantive to respond with.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

My responses are substantial , and your counter is
"Oh, I don't get what you're trying to say", or some snotty put down.
Funny, everyone else gets what I'm writing.
You got blitzed last week by a few people saying much the same, so it's not just me
saying it. But they must be inadequate, psychotics, right?
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

I think Kevin Bacon is on this board: "Thank you sir, may I have another?"
0 x
RIhoopz14
Kenny Green

Unread post by RIhoopz14 »

I read this board a decent amount but can't stand having to scroll through a million posts of u guys fighting like girls while all i want is actual information. I know that is impossible to do, but jeez this is a friggin 18 page thread that is 98% speculation and posters fighting over who's right/wrong, and there's been basically no new information for a year other than recent news that Jordan will be playing next season. Can we make a Jordan Hare information thread and a Jordan Hare personal opinion / debate thread? lol
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

TruePoint wrote:
Maybe you can tell me which of these opinions make me pompous, specifically (again, these are MY OPINIONS):

- This staff has made one real mistake, and that was not having more irons in the fire beyond Terrell for the one spot they thought they had to fill in this class.

- Both the recruiting efforts and our on-court performance last year were made more difficult because we lost 4 guys we counted on during the season. Instead of coming off of a buzzworthy season with one spot to fill, we are coming off a losing season with three or four spots to fill.

- The coach has generally done a pretty decent job dealing with all of the obstacles he has had to contend with: they lost out on Terrell, and after being caught flat-footed ended up grabbing another guard that will help them; they lost Aaman and added Watson to replace him; Hare left the team and they managed the situation so he could come back; he lost his top assistant twice, and twice made what I consider to be pretty good moves to replace them.

- The team that takes the floor this fall will be better than last year's team to the same degree that last year's team was better than the previous year's team. That is called progress. And so as long as we are making progress I am going to continue to support the coach and his staff. When the progress stops then I'll be right there with you guys. I just think for now you are overreacting.

- One reason the fan base is so ridiculously negative about all of this is because they have suffered for a long time and are running out of patience.

You may not agree with me. That is fine. We can have a discussion in which I make a point, you make a counterpoint, etc., or you can call me pompous and condescending because you don't want to have that type of discussion. Up to you.

It's pompous to assume you know exactly what the one mistake is. You could make a case that Murray and Carr were mistake hires. You could make a case that the Biggie and Reischel were mistakes. That Butler was a mistake. That getting one four year guy, late in the 2014 season was a mistake. I am not saying they are one way or another. I'm saying that you proclaiming the "one real mistake" (which wouldn't be in my top 5, for what it's worth) and everything else is neurotic complaining of a fan base that's run out of patience comes off as pompous.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Gonebarongone wrote:
TruePoint wrote:

It's pompous to assume you know exactly what the one mistake is. You could make a case that Murray and Carr were mistake hires. You could make a case that the Biggie and Reischel were mistakes. That Butler was a mistake. That getting one four year guy, late in the 2014 season was a mistake. I am not saying they are one way or another. I'm saying that you proclaiming the "one real mistake" (which wouldn't be in my top 5, for what it's worth) and everything else is neurotic complaining of a fan base that's run out of patience comes off as pompous.
Dude...you and I apparently have different opinions on which and how many mistakes Hurley and crew have made; in my opinion the only thing they have done that I would label a mistake is not having a backup plan for Terrell. I do not understand how that makes me pompous. Maybe you think that makes me wrong, which OK fine. But pompous?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Gonebarongone wrote: It's pompous to assume you know exactly what the one mistake is.
Not that I really want to insert myself in this pissing match, but I just have to point out how hilarious it was to read this after the last year of you opining on a daily basis about how you were basically the only one that could see and understand all the problems with this team all season.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

You know what? I owe GBG an apology, because he was seeing things
some of us either ignored or were in denial about.
I say this, despite of the vitriol we have exchanged.
Why? Because he was closer to the truth than I wanted to believe.
He may not be as close to things as many here are, but that's why businesses hire
outside firms to evaluate them.
They see things without the emotional bias that one who is invested in something will.
This doesn't mean he didn't grind his axe about X Munford, as he was the only guy who wasn't
afraid to have the ball when it mattered.
Still, GBG's points about the offense and recruiting, as well as coach's accountability seem to have
been accurate.
Does this mean, I'm smearing the staff and program by pointing out faults?
No. I've followed this program through good and bad since 1963.
I just want to win, and have the best program that's possible.
The enjoyment felt in 1978, 1988, and 1999, are something most here
have no idea about. It was the best of times to be a Rhody Ram follower.
You who are in your 20's and 30's can look to "someday".
Those of us who don't have an unlimited amount of tomorrows, can't.
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

rodfromcranston wrote:You know what? I owe GBG an apology, because he was seeing things
some of us either ignored or were in denial about.
I say this, despite of the vitriol we have exchanged.
Why? Because he was closer to the truth than I wanted to believe.
He may not be as close to things as many here are, but that's why businesses hire
outside firms to evaluate them.
Not even close to being necessary. I think you and I are actually on the same page about what it takes to build a hoops team but there is something to be said for experience. I just thought he would run into some headwinds that he may not have seen at St. B's or Wagner.
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

adam914 wrote:
Gonebarongone wrote: It's pompous to assume you know exactly what the one mistake is.
Not that I really want to insert myself in this pissing match, but I just have to point out how hilarious it was to read this after the last year of you opining on a daily basis about how you were basically the only one that could see and understand all the problems with this team all season.
I know you see the difference. I may think my opinion is right and yours is wrong. That's sort of what an opinion is. But, I don't lay out the one true mistake and then say anyone who thinks there are more suffer from the depressed state of a neurotic fan base.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote:
For the facts I had to go look up in old Daniel Webster's:
pomp·ous - adjective \ˈpäm-pəs\
: having or showing the attitude of people who speak and behave in a very formal and serious way because they believe that they are better, smarter, or more important than other people

I'd would agree that admitting that the only mistake made after a basketball season was that URI did not have a back up plan for Terrell - wow that's being pretty darn smart.

If I was being referred to as conceited, pompous, condescending by more than one person on a message board I think I would sit down and reflect on why som many different people are saying that about me. I'd look up conceited and condescending in the dictionary too.

Having read through all these posts just a couple of thoughts and I'll drop out:

- GBG's posts are short, well written and actually quite witty. I enjoy reading GBG's posts.
- Rod's posts tend to be emotional but that is Rod and I love his emotion and committment to URI. Rod's posts are pretty much right on and accurate imho. Rod is most definitely going to react to the sometimes viscious adjectives that TP uses - TP to be as smart as you claim you are (only made one mistake all season) you have to know that you are pushing Rod's buttons when you use them - don't you?

- TP's posts are very long and difficult to read. They tend to be provoking and lo and behold end up pushing the buttons of other posters - you simply know it's coming just pissing people off. To respond that he knows a lot of things told in confidence but he does not post them?? OK I guess...............
Pompous, condescending??? Maybe makes sense to look up in Webster's the opposite of those words and see how they feel on oneself - my guess is not very well.

back to Mr Hare......................
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

:reflecting:
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Gonebarongone wrote:
adam914 wrote:
I know you see the difference. I may think my opinion is right and yours is wrong. That's sort of what an opinion is. But, I don't lay out the one true mistake and then say anyone who thinks there are more suffer from the depressed state of a neurotic fan base.
Here is just one example of a previous post of yours, that I picked randomly by just clicking on a thread in your post history. It was that easy to find how "pompous" and "condescending" you have been in the past. Again, I don't really feel like being a part of this fight, I just thought it was humorous coming from you is all.

"Must be nice to be you. How awesome must it be to just know everyone's heart, character, and work ethic. The great irony is that I have logged 1000s of more hours than you staring at the front of the rim when it's pitch black out trying to get a few more jumpers in. Throwing up in garbage cans during a tough practice. Being a teammate for a zillion teams. And you just sit there on your ass at a game or in front of your tube. So, you do the old guy sportswriter cliche spewing because you don't know. You have no idea other than what DH tells you when he tucks you in at night. You just sit there year after year judging. Now you judge other posters on how they viw the game. Get off your high horse.

Enjoy the game. I look forward to hearing you heart and character prognosis.
"
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

adam914 wrote: Here is just one example of a previous post of yours, that I picked randomly by just clicking on a thread in your post history. It was that easy to find how "pompous" and "condescending" you have been in the past. Again, I don't really feel like being a part of this fight, I just thought it was humorous coming from you is all.

[/i]"
You say randomly pick. I say cherry pick.

Did you even read that post? It was about how crazy I thought it was for a poster to talk about a player's character and heart. I guess it's analogous in that I have an opinion on that and think taking the other side is crazy. You got me.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Gonebarongone wrote:
adam914 wrote: Here is just one example of a previous post of yours, that I picked randomly by just clicking on a thread in your post history. It was that easy to find how "pompous" and "condescending" you have been in the past. Again, I don't really feel like being a part of this fight, I just thought it was humorous coming from you is all.

[/i]"

Did you even read that post? It was about how crazy I thought it was for a poster to talk about a player's character and heart. I guess it's analogous in that I have an opinion on that and think taking the other side is crazy. You got me.
I think you guys have latched on a little bit too hard to the idea that I was honestly psychoanalyzing the fan base, anyways. I state things a certain way for effect sometimes. It is how I have always posted on here; you'd think by now people would understand that the hyperbole is supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, and the intent is only good-natured "ribbing."
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Gonebarongone wrote:

[/i]"

Don't worry, its not a big deal, I get it. Whatever you do is fine and can be easily explained, because its you and you're always right.

I'm done with this one.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: TruePoint is a Pompus Asshat

OK, I have split this out into its own thread, so people can have a convenient place to go to talk about how much of a pompous asshat I am, and I can have a place to practice my long-form writing in defense of myself. Now we can limit talk in the Jordan Hare thread to Jordan Hare. Cool?
0 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Very cool, thank you TP. Please change your board name to PompousAsshat.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

sf2010 wrote:Very cool, thank you TP. Please change your board name to PompousAsshat.
Haha, maybe it should be a certain "rank" when you get to a high number of posts along with the current player names. After posting on here long enough, we're probably all PompousAssHat at some point or another.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

How about a signature that reads,
"Self Appointed Message Board Psychologist"?
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

rodfromcranston wrote:How about a signature that reads,
"Self Appointed Message Board Psychologist"?
I can set that up.... done.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Hahahaha, love the icon as well.
0 x
Andrew
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Andrew »

TP's new avatar and title is hilarious.
0 x
Go Rhody!
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Great work ATP!!!!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Lol
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Andrew wrote:TP's new avatar and title is hilarious.
Ha ha ha, fantastic.

Don't touch the Acura!

(when it comes to my alma mater hoop team, yep = I have zero patience)
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Started reading this new thread and realized that it's already in reruns.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Re: Game 23: @LaSalle Feb 6 8PM

Unread post by Running Ram »

TruePoint wrote:
adam914 wrote:
PlayMikeMotenMore wrote:LaSalle....yawn.
I mean, I get LaSalle sucks, but there was only one game on the schedule today, and it was against LaSalle. They had to play it because that's sort of how things work. They won it by a lot of points. Is it not ok to be happy about that?
This guy has one of the best usernames and some of the dumbest posts.

This is the pool turd that set off the latest between the realists and the swab crowd, you think its alright to carpet turd "this guy" because you compliment his choice of username, it's not and it's fuel for the fire. Why not ask "what was boring about the experience?" or "Didn't you, PMMM, enjoy the game?" and let dialog unfold? But no, here we go again, the same old shtick...yawn.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

adam got it right, TP - fail.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Running Ram wrote:
TruePoint wrote:
adam914 wrote: I mean, I get LaSalle sucks, but there was only one game on the schedule today, and it was against LaSalle. They had to play it because that's sort of how things work. They won it by a lot of points. Is it not ok to be happy about that?
This guy has one of the best usernames and some of the dumbest posts.

This is the pool turd that set off the latest between the realists and the swab crowd, you think its alright to carpet turd "this guy" because you compliment his choice of username, it's not and it's fuel for the fire. Why not ask "what was boring about the experience?" or "Didn't you, PMMM, enjoy the game?" and let dialog unfold? But no, here we go again, the same old shtick...yawn.
Why do you care so much? This seems to like a rather weird thing to get all uppity about.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

TP -
Uppity because he just wants to make sure there's not too much optimism...must clearly be able to differentiate between 'the realists' (which, it's apparently 'ok' to be), those that are still excited about the season, as the 'swab crowd' (whatever that is?) and those who's approach they don't like as 'pool turds'... like they are some pronouncer or guardian of the board and responsible for making sure that everybody is properly labeled, I spose.

This team hasn't quit...anything can happen...and I (and a lot of others) don't want to miss a minute of 'the possible.' Neither do the labelers...they just seem to want to hedge their bets to be able to 'told you so'....

-----------------------------
"There goes Roberts...throw from Posada...and he's safe!!!"
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

TruePoint wrote:Why do you care so much? This seems to like a rather weird thing to get all uppity about.
I care because it is inflammatory, not at all academic and hardly fosters productive exchange.

I happened to enjoy this game very much and at the same time knew exactly what PMMM was getting at, adam had it right, he made a statement and asked a question relevant to the comment that could further the discussion without personally attacking a fellow forum member in an unprovoked manner.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:TP -
Uppity because he just wants to make sure there's not too much optimism...must clearly be able to differentiate between 'the realists' (which, it's apparently 'ok' to be), those that are still excited about the season, as the 'swab crowd' (whatever that is?) and those who's approach they don't like as 'pool turds'... like they are some pronouncer or guardian of the board and responsible for making sure that everybody is properly labeled, I spose.

This team hasn't quit...anything can happen...and I (and a lot of others) don't want to miss a minute of 'the possible.' Neither do the labelers...they just seem to want to hedge their bets to be able to 'told you so'....

I think his point is I was too rough on Mike Moten. I don't know why he feels that way, or why he feels the need to offer commentary on how other posters interact with each other. If Mike Moten wants to be treated with kid gloves, all he has to do is ask. But I don't assume that is necessary, since this is forum for sharing ideas and people are encouraged to express their agreement or disagreement.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Running Ram wrote:
TruePoint wrote:Why do you care so much? This seems to like a rather weird thing to get all uppity about.
I care because it is inflammatory, not at all academic and hardly fosters productive exchange.

I happened to enjoy this game very much and at the same time knew exactly what PMMM was getting at, adam had it right, he made a statement and asked a question relevant to the comment that could further the discussion without personally attacking a fellow forum member in an unprovoked manner.
Riiight...and calling someone a pool turd or 'swab' (and then making sure to posit them against the 'realists')...is not inflammatory at all.... :lol: :lol:
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:TP -

Seriously, you barely ever address the points people make. It has nothing to do with optimism v pessimism, it has to do with TP making a statement which is an personal attack in an unprovoked manner as opposed to asking relevant questions and making relative statements about the post itself.

I mean I could do the same, come on here and call people's posting behavior "dumbest" or whatever, if I were to I'd start with you, but I try to stick to the points people make, unless someone drops a turd.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
Running Ram wrote:

Riiight...and calling someone a pool turd or 'swab' (and then making sure to posit them against the 'realists')...is not inflammatory at all.... :lol: :lol:
It is inflammatory, you freak show jerksack, it's called turn about, I'm talking about leading by example, don't come on here and drop turds in the pool and expect to not get it back at you.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: TruePoint is a Pompous Asshat

It isn't inflammatory. It is my sincerely held belief that the reflexive negativity to which I was responding is dumb. That is my opinion, you and anyone else are welcome to disagree. But I am not trying to flame him, I am trying to challenge bad posts hoping that they will improve.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

It most certainly is inflammatory, if you came on here and made that statement to me, characterizing my posts as the "dumbest," it would inflame me to a point. You would feel the same and no doubt would respond in kind. It doesn't nurture the good discussion you claim to seek, it's not a challenge of bad posts, it's an indictment of a poster, its uncalled for and sweeping.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

RR, TP is above everyone else. His opinion is worth more than anybody else's.

His word is gospel, according to him. He is the self-anointed one.

How dare we question him. If we disagree, we are stupid. Dumb. Arm dragging low lifes.

However, since we are entitled on this board, to at least offer an opinion, TP is indeed, a self absorbed pompous asshat, with oak clusters.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Lol what the hell are you even talking about? What did I say that you are taking exception to, other than pointing out that you don't actually know what the coach is thinking despite your assertions to the contrary? Or did you not say "if he likes what he heard from Rutgers he's gone folks" without having the slightest idea whether that is true or not?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Just responding to your typical trashing of people's posts by putting them down, which obviously you don't realize you're doing.

You don't seem to get it, so I'll stop wasting my time.
0 x