Poll Friartown

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Poll Friartown

Unread post by ramster »

Wanted to state my opinion as to Friartown but the for Poll thread got locked too fast so here goes:

The root cause of the issue is not that we have a Friartown or Daddy's Money Section. I know that could be argued and debated in a 2000 post thread in itself but that is my opinion and here is why.

The benefit of Friartown or Daddy's Money is that is "corrals" the nonsense or the PC related topics into one place, much like the Recruiting Section SHOULD be for talk only about the specific recruits. It drives me nuts when PC stuff or baron stuff or other garbage populates a thread about a specific kid.

The real issue is that Friar Fans (two in particular and there have been more especially when the annual PC URI Game comes near) come on here and feel the need to defend their Team (PC) against the "moronic thinking of the URI Posters". Amazing too in it's own right when you look at the nonsense thread about URI on the PC Board right now.http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=425&f=1323&t=11775862
Strange and funny thread on URI board
1 2 3...5 6 7....................now with 125 different posts and 6861 views

The Friar Posters come here and stir the pot - just the latest post about PC being so far better than URI over the past 5 years is the perfect example of stiring the pot - started by Sean. Honestly, Where did we all think that one was going to be headed :roll:
Superfly gets away with all sorts of crap here - then runs back to the PC Board and boasts how well he did against the idiots over here - as BAR so aptly stated.
So the Problem is NOT with the Friartown - it is with two posters who go largely unrestrained.
Never in a billion years would their behavior be permitted on the PC Board by Richard Coren, never.

THAT is the issue - not Friartown. The inmates want to run the asylum.

So what we will now have is Sean and Superfly ruining every thread created or at least the potential to - and then that crap will need to be cut and sent to the "waste dump thread" by somebody. That wastedump will now just become a different name - assuming the stupid, childish, taunting behavior continues to be permitted on keaneyblue. Get ready for all threads, including recruiting threads that should be limited ONLY to the player title of the thread, to become the playground of the Friar duo, trio or whatever it becomes down the road. I'll be shocked if getting rid of Friartown solves the issue - but I have been wrong before. Sounds like the decision has already been made.
Last edited by ramster 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: Poll Friartown

Unread post by Rhody74 »

ramster wrote: So what we will now have is Sean and Superfly ruining every thread created or at least the potential to
They do already ...
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody74 wrote:
ramster wrote: So what we will now have is Sean and Superfly ruining every thread created or at least the potential to
They do already ...
agreed,
so maybe the best thing is in fact TO get rid of Friartown, then the continued ruining of the board can't be blamed on Friartown.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

The shitty posts will never go away completely - it's the Internet, and even the vantage point of what's shitty and what isn't varies wildly depending on the individual poster's perspective. It's clear that some URI fans on this board like mixing it up with people on or from the other board, in the same way that people will call WEEI to complain about Yankees' or Heat fans.

So, yes, we will continue to split posts out as warranted, but I will remind y'all that it's a two-way street. If you don't want them to post, then don't respond to them. The proper way to fight troll-ish behavior (if you view them as trolls, that is) isn't to come back with more opinion, it's to starve it out by not responding.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SGreenwell wrote:The shitty posts will never go away completely - it's the Internet, and even the vantage point of what's shitty and what isn't varies wildly depending on the individual poster's perspective. It's clear that some URI fans on this board like mixing it up with people on or from the other board, in the same way that people will call WEEI to complain about Yankees' or Heat fans.

So, yes, we will continue to split posts out as warranted, but I will remind y'all that it's a two-way street. If you don't want them to post, then don't respond to them. The proper way to fight troll-ish behavior (if you view them as trolls, that is) isn't to come back with more opinion, it's to starve it out by not responding.
SG, Respectively disagree with your philosophy
You are basically blaming our posters for responsing to Sean and Superfly
Their behavior on the PC Board would not be tolerated.

I only see getting rid of the Friartown section as crapping on all the other threads...........and i agree with you - they already do, just now it's open season without the barnyard to at least try to contain them.

Crapping on all the threads with PC garbage will only make more and more good posters go away
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Like I said in my original post, there are going to be people who use this medium to take potshots (if you want to look at it negatively) or to make critiques (if you want to look at it positively). We can and will split, say, irrelevant talk about PC from various recruiting threads, but I'm not sure what else you want us to do. When URI posters talk about how much they hate PC, it seems thin-skinned for us to then cut out counters, or to just outright ban accounts. I'm fine with banning the dude who always shows up around the annual URI-PC game to carpet bomb the board with f-bombs and other delightful content, but for the most part the posters in question here are more playing the Jim Donaldson or Frank from Glocester card.
0 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

ramster wrote:Wanted to state my opinion as to Friartown but the for Poll thread got locked too fast so here goes:

The root cause of the issue is not that we have a Friartown or Daddy's Money Section. I know that could be argued and debated in a 2000 post thread in itself but that is my opinion and here is why.

The benefit of Friartown or Daddy's Money is that is "corrals" the nonsense or the PC related topics into one place, much like the Recruiting Section SHOULD be for talk only about the specific recruits. It drives me nuts when PC stuff or baron stuff or other garbage populates a thread about a specific kid.

The real issue is that Friar Fans (two in particular and there have been more especially when the annual PC URI Game comes near) come on here and feel the need to defend their Team (PC) against the "moronic thinking of the URI Posters". Amazing too in it's own right when you look at the nonsense thread about URI on the PC Board right now.http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=425&f=1323&t=11775862
Strange and funny thread on URI board
1 2 3...5 6 7....................now with 125 different posts and 6861 views

The Friar Posters come here and stir the pot - just the latest post about PC being so far better than URI over the past 5 years is the perfect example of stiring the pot - started by Sean. Honestly, Where did we all think that one was going to be headed :roll:
Superfly gets away with all sorts of crap here - then runs back to the PC Board and boasts how well he did against the idiots over here - as BAR so aptly stated.
So the Problem is NOT with the Friartown - it is with two posters who go largely unrestrained.
Never in a billion years would their behavior be permitted on the PC Board by Richard Coren, never.

THAT is the issue - not Friartown. The inmates want to run the asylum.

So what we will now have is Sean and Superfly ruining every thread created or at least the potential to - and then that crap will need to be cut and sent to the "waste dump thread" by somebody. That wastedump will now just become a different name - assuming the stupid, childish, taunting behavior continues to be permitted on keaneyblue. Get ready for all threads, including recruiting threads that should be limited ONLY to the player title of the thread, to become the playground of the Friar duo, trio or whatever it becomes down the road. I'll be shocked if getting rid of Friartown solves the issue - but I have been wrong before. Sounds like the decision has already been made.

Reading through that thread, I didnt realize the opinion so many friar fans have of URI fans. I try to stay out of the pissing contests because its a losing battle on both ends. Neither pc or URI have been relevant in the big picture of college basketball, but you'd think pc has a few championship banners hanging with the content of that thread. The one thing I never understood is why pc fans feel that URI fans are jealous of their program.. what exactly is there to be jealous about? someone needs to be explain to me why as a URI fan I should be jealous of a program that consistantly finishes in the basement of their conference? Why am I jealous when pc and uri have similar post season success? I'm jealous of UConn, Butler, Xavier teams like that who I can say I wish my program was like. I dont think many URI fans are aspiring to have a pc like program. I honestly think you must have to live in Rhode Island to get the jealousy thing.. I also find it funny that while I agree Hurley will eventually be coaching at one of the elite programs, Cooley is in the same boat.. why in the world would Cooley turn down $$ and prestige of coaching in a major conference to stay at pc? as much as pc doesnt want to accept it, the pc job is not a destination job.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Since I'm the one who proposed voting on the Friartown, yes or no,
I'll say what I've said before.
There's no Ramtown on their board, to elevate us to some special status.
They make a joke of it over there, pointing out that we must be obsessed with them,
by doing so. I agree.
The vote was 3-0 when ATP locked it. I'm betting that there would only three dissenting votes,
if it ran its course.
Rich Coren lets his own guys go wild, but has no tolerance for interlopers.
I like Rich, even though I've been banned from there since December.
He understands it's a PC board for PC fans.
I wish we here had such a viewpoint here. Protect our own, and keep all others on
a VERY short leash. I'm not talking about a ten minute ban, either.
Instead, we try to be the UN and coddle outsiders, saying free speech , blah, blah, blah.....
Get rid of Friartown, and stop pandering to PC fans.
Nothing personal to anyone, but this is our board.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

If someone takes a shot at pc I don't feel like reading Sean or that idiot super flys defense. I don't understand why we put up with it. I don't want some of asshole coming on here and taking shots at our football team or hockey team.
One warning then you are blocked. Why do we put up with it on this board and the pc board will not. I have never been on that board. Nor do I have any interest to go on there. Instead of the URI fans getting blamed for responding to their posts lets just delete their posts. After numerous posts are deleted they will stop posting.
Isn't that the reason we moved from the projo board to our own board?
0 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

You hit it right on the head Rod. I always thought daddy's money and friar town was low brow. It makes us a laughing stock. It's time this board elevated itself. Lets finish the poll Rod started. Lets get these friar flag waiving assholes off OUR board and get down to talking about URI.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I basically agree with SG. There is no perfect message board. Some people are driven crazy when threads go off topic; others don't care. I think the mods do a good job on this board, and it's not easy, as I well know. Getting rid of Friar Town achieves nothing -- the PC fans will still be here. Should they be banned because we don't like them? IMHO, there's some URI fans that bother me more than they do!
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

URi fans who bother you? That's not the point here.
This board was supposedly started to get rid of trolls, not coddle them.
If it's indeed our board, let's unlock the vote thread, and I guarantee you
the results will be overwhelming, to dump the moronic Friartown .
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rodfromcranston wrote:Since I'm the one who proposed voting on the Friartown, yes or no,
I'll say what I've said before.
There's no Ramtown on their board, to elevate us to some special status.
They make a joke of it over there, pointing out that we must be obsessed with them,
by doing so. I agree.
The vote was 3-0 when ATP locked it. I'm betting that there would only three dissenting votes,
if it ran its course.
Rich Coren lets his own guys go wild, but has no tolerance for interlopers.
I like Rich, even though I've been banned from there since December.
He understands it's a PC board for PC fans.
I wish we here had such a viewpoint here. Protect our own, and keep all others on
a VERY short leash. I'm not talking about a ten minute ban, either.
Instead, we try to be the UN and coddle outsiders, saying free speech , blah, blah, blah.....
Get rid of Friartown, and stop pandering to PC fans.
Nothing personal to anyone, but this is our board.
Rod,
I was banned to a "read Only status" a couple of years ago on the PC Board for far less than what is allowed here. Call it sour grapes or whatever, but it just pisses me off when Sean and Superfly cry this "woe is us" river and that they feel they have to be the "protectors of PC". Sorry guys, Rod and I were both banned from your board.

I am fine then with getting rid or Daddy's Money or Friartown - the sooner the better...............just don't think it fixes much
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

As I said, Rich rides herd on anything non PC.
We should do the same here.
Getting into protracted battles with PC posters over our football team, baseball team, their hockey team,
who was better in the last five years, or if Hurley will leave next week, is detracting from the purpose
of the board.
That some don't get this, is beyond me.
0 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

As usual, well said Rod. Lets unlock that vote and see where the people stand.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Smokinjimit wrote:As usual, well said Rod. Lets unlock that vote and see where the people stand.
Smokin,
I think it's already been decided to get rid of Friartown so no need to vote. I would probably be the only one to vote to keep it but my problem is the long leash the PC Posters get. So no need to unlock it imho.
I agree with Rod.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

I doubt that anyone has taken more potshots at Pee-C (hey, there's another!) than me. And time after time the Fryuh Faih-weathah Faithful (another!) come to this board and argue with me as if they might possibly change my mind. As if.

You would think the fact that because of their eternal superiority to URI they'd have better things to do with their time, like cleaning up the flood of red plastic cups on Eaton Street or finally completing their investigation and finding the clowns who jumped Rhody in the men's room. But their incessant monitoring of this page screams "insecurity." If there's any way to get them to leave us alone, I'm all for it.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

If it is obvious that the PC trolls are coming in here to stir the pot, ban them. I sure wouldn't miss them. What do they add to this forum other than a few points to my blood pressure? If they come here to add good and valid points to a discussion, that's fine. Anything else?...See ya later.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

Ill play; what has this entire thread done except to stir the pot?

But I guess it's acceptable bc you are wearing your Rhody onesie.
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

seanmc94 wrote:Ill play; what has this entire thread done except to stir the pot?

But I guess it's acceptable bc you are wearing your Rhody onesie.
Stir what pot? This is OUR board. Get the hell out!!!
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

Ya know, some of you can maybe not respond to these PC posters you hate so much. It's only a problem inasmuch as it makes people nutty. The next time I take offense to or go crazy over what some person I have never met says behind a keyboard will be the first time. I also think that some of those guys occasionally add to a good discussion. If anything, charge some nominal amount every year. If they really want to post and converse with URI fans and not be a troll, open up your wallet. Most top 50 hoops schools have pay only boards (e.g. Rivals) as it is.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Gonebarongone wrote:Ya know, some of you can maybe not respond to these PC posters you hate so much. It's only a problem inasmuch as it makes people nutty. The next time I take offense to or go crazy over what some person I have never met says behind a keyboard will be the first time. I also think that some of those guys occasionally add to a good discussion. If anything, charge some nominal amount every year. If they really want to post and converse with URI fans and not be a troll, open up your wallet. Most top 50 hoops schools have pay only boards (e.g. Rivals) as it is.
I'm sorry. The little twerps just irritate the hell out of me.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Not everyone likes you either.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

I'd like to point out the long leash being allowed here. This entire thread is basically a bitch fest THat contributes nothing except allowing an open forum for posters to call myself and RJ assholes, twerps and worse.

Zero constructive content
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Hi there, Friar-boys…….This is bressler3south asking all of you wonderful black & white fanatics to imagine what it's really like to be with someone wearing a Keaney Blue Onesie….. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Ooooooo-laaa-laaaa-laaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

All of this manly talk just makes me insanely crazy!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Boy-oh-boy, you fellas must really want to be here sooooooo badly!!!!!!!!!!
I'm surprised that you guys haven't been outed yet, because, well, you know……….in bed with Rams, rather than your fellow Friars….but I'll share my Keaney Blue onesie with you guys, anytime…….
Oooooo-laaaaa-laaaaaaa-laaaaaaa-laaaaaaa-laaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
seanmcMuffin and rjsuperstud, I miss you sweeties, sooooooooo badly!!!!!!!
NOW GO PASTE THIS ON YOUR EFFIN' BOARD AND SEE WHAT A "RISE" IT GETS FROM YOUR BRETHREN!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol:
0 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

You are correct Sean. If there were only a board you could go on and not be insulted for liking the friar.
It's too bad a place like that doesn't exist. If it did I'm sure you would leave our little URI board forever.

Let me get this right. We (URI fans on a URI message board) are stirring the pot against the pc fans who troll here? What a joke. I vote zero tolerance for this crap. For the most part 80% of Sean's posts are not that bad. Problem is 80% isn't good enough anymore. Time to take back our board. Don't like it? Tough.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

The irony is, back in November, the PC board was dissing Hassan Martin,
for not being ranked in the top 100, and that Rodney Bullock was a better player.
(nobody ever saw the two)
I went on there to point out that Martin was only 16 and his body had time to make him an even better player.
Well, you might have thought Osaama Bin Laden was posting there.
I got the most viscious personal attacks, by most of those posting.
One of them, Sean94, told them I was indeed a PC hater, and went on at length about it.
I don't consider myself a hater, but Sean was there to twist the knife.
Same poster, who now wants fairness here.
I have nothing personally against Sean. He's a bright guy and a true fan of the game.
Still, his actions in November were disappointing, to say the least.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Get rid of anything that has anything to do with PC.

The very existence of PC related topic forum shows respect for PC.

They can't lose enough or suffer enough misfortune for me.

Give no quarter to the enemy.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

rodfromcranston wrote:The irony is, back in November, the PC board was dissing Hassan Martin,
for not being ranked in the top 100, and that Rodney Bullock was a better player.
(nobody ever saw the two)
I went on there to point out that Martin was only 16 and his body had time to make him an even better player.
Well, you might have thought Osaama Bin Laden was posting there.
I got the most viscious personal attacks, by most of those posting.
One of them, Sean94, told them I was indeed a PC hater, and went on at length about it.
I don't consider myself a hater, but Sean was there to twist the knife.
Same poster, who now wants fairness here.
I have nothing personally against Sean. He's a bright guy and a true fan of the game.
Still, his actions in November were disappointing, to say the least.
Rod,

I think you are misremembering. Have to be honest, I don't remember piling on you about Martin(I'm a fan of his; I think he and Bullock are pretty much the same guy). If I did, my bad.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Only politicians "misremember," especially when it deals with blue onesies ---I mean -- dresses!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey, good luck with:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMSHEf1fmR4

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Last edited by bressler3south 10 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

End it once and for all, stop discussing it, and it will cease to be a problem. This discussion just fans the flames.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

"….fans the flames." Nice play on words, Rhody72!!!!
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Shouldn't this thread have been "POLE FRIARTOWN"?!?!?!?!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I can't speak for Rick Coren. All I can say is that I don't want this to be Soviet Russia. This isn't a pay site. People are welcome to come here to provide a different perspective. I think the issue is what the best way is to handle the open nature of this board (which I think, overall, is a plus for us). My opinion is that PC doesn't merit their own space here. I don't think that eliminating Friar Town will remove all of the Friar fans from the board, but that isn't the intention. If a UMass fan or a St. Bonnies fan wanted to post here, I'd be OK with that. We have a good poster from Dayton and an occasional one from VCU. They add something to the board. If the PC fans that posted here kept it to basketball instead of taking gratuitous shots at URI, then they would be welcomed with open arms. Instead, they reinforce what a lot of people (myself included) already think about PC fans: brimming with an unwarranted and delusional arrogance, intentionally ignorant and needlessly confrontational. Still, I'd rather not ban everyone that flashes any hint of PC support from the board. The situation can be handled better by everyone on the board, including the mods.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Question: how many "gratuitous" Shots have been fired vs. salvos returned?
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I read down to when Rod typed that he wished we had a board that exclusively catered to Rhody. Can't agree more -- then again I also recognize that it is URI's mode of behavior in general that will never condemn anyone or do the things we recognize PC for. As a URI alum and fan I would be all in favor for dumping on PC every chance we got, but I also recognize that the people among us that maintain the even-keel good citizen attitude are what separates URI.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

seanmc94: In all seriousness, that's exactly what TruePoint is attempting to explain. An hour-and-a-half later, you have to comment about shots fired and salvos returned. Gratuitous???????????????? Precisely!!!!!!! That's what that is, despite the FACT that True Point is beyond diplomatic about the whole matter………
IT REEKS OF SOME LITTLE KID -- OR WORSE -- AN ARROGANT BULLY, WHO HAS TO HAVE THE LAST WORD. At some point, people just won't respond, ignore you and others. It'll take discipline, but whatever.
Kill the Beast with kindness.
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
0 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

I'm not MLK and I'd rather just kill the beast. If some friar fans don't like us taking shots at their team on our message board too bad. It's a URI board. I don't feel the need to go on the friar board and defend URI every time something is written about us.

Sean how does defending URI on the pc board go over? How does responding to shots fired play over there? I think we all know the answer. If I never have to read another post by Sean or some other pc fan I will not feel bad about it. I won't feel bad because if I want to I can just go to the PC board. I just won't be able to post any defense against wha they say against URI. Seems fair to me.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Smokinjimit wrote:I'm not MLK and I'd rather just kill the beast. If some friar fans don't like us taking shots at their team on our message board too bad. It's a URI board. I don't feel the need to go on the friar board and defend URI every time something is written about us.

Sean how does defending URI on the pc board go over? How does responding to shots fired play over there? I think we all know the answer. If I never have to read another post by Sean or some other pc fan I will not feel bad about it. I won't feel bad because if I want to I can just go to the PC board. I just won't be able to post any defense against wha they say against URI. Seems fair to me.
What he said.

It's amazing how they come here and proclaim peace, love and understanding, then apparently go back to their little friends and rip us to shreds.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

It's not just that, it's the nasty mob mentality over
there, which makes trying to make a reasonable point impossible.
I'm sure if I registered there under Joe from Cranston, I would have gotten a better reception.
It was like walking into a nest of hornets, and trying to
reason with them. Forget it.
Sean and rj do not get 1/100th of the vitriol I experienced there, in the two
different times frames I posted there.
It was so bad, that Rich and a couple of other posters PM'd me to apologize for
the venom spewed my way.
The first time, I just attempted a pure basketball discussion on ratings.
The second time, I was much more aggressive, since our coach, our program and our school, it's students and graduates, were being roundly trashed.
I said they hadn't been relevent since 1997, which brought about
a hate storm, and me getting banned. I'm no saint, but I think the word "shit"
made it OK to suspend me from posting.
Sorry, not anywhere equal situations.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Rod, to be fair do you remember why you were banned in December? The conversation flipped to Hurley and how long he would last, and anyone who speculated they thought he would leave at whatever point you proceeded to call f'ing aholes, f'ing clueless, and moronic (no different than the long leash you get here for that behavior). There was a lot more than that the dropping of one curse word. I guarantee you if I proceeded in the same manner here, I would also be instantly banned. There is a difference in discussing in a civil fashion (even if I do have the propensity to discuss ad nauseam) that you don't agree with that point, and disagreeing so instantly attacking and name-calling every single person (which will get you a ban on every single board). You don't think there is a mob mentality here? You could stay on topic 99 out of 100 times, and the one time you don't, it's "Oh you are a stupid PC fan, hope you get banned."
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

I NEVER used the f-bomb over there, never used the word asshole, maybe moronic was used,
so stop your passive-aggressive revisionism.
If I was that bad, no way Rich would have written, in response to your going
over there and squealing about my posts in the Terrell thread,
with, "No biggie Rod. I still love you", last week.
You're the one running back and forth, telling the PC board how awful we are.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Can you point out 5 times that I've "run back to my board?"

There were two. The one where you implied about Cooley potentially being dirty (when you meant to or not) and one back in February when in response to Darth I said something like "Look at what has happened over there."

It's not like I come over here for ammo every day and go back and report to Capt. Coren.

As for the Mob Mentality you referenced, the most ever users on this site at one time were 174. The current users on the Scout site are 445. The response from there will be no different than it will here, the big difference is that you will have 2, 3, 4, or 5x the people ready to defend. You also chose to make your last stand the night after the PC/URI game, correct? Which already means more posters on there to actively discuss the game.
Last edited by rjsuperfly66 10 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
"Home is where the heart is….."

SO, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The rest of KeaneyBlue: If you can't stand this bullshit, just don't respond, ignore it, be disciplined, and that's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

A social psychologist would have a field day with this discussion. Can't we just kill it? This board is for the URI fan "family" and, like most families, we have heated arguments within the family. We don't need non-family members stirring the shit.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

The original thought was to do away with Friartown, or Friertown
according to their latest recruit.
I have no big problem with posters like Daytonflyerfan, or Districtballer
coming on here to give insight and added perspective.
I don't mind Sean or rj, when it's about strictly basketball topics and not
drifting into whose school, football, baseball or hockey team is better.
Banning someone because they are a fan of another school isn't right.
Attempting to dominate a thread, and always having the last word is a problem, though.
This is where the mods need to be more proactive.
I don't think there's any easy solution to this.
In the end, this is a Rhody Ram board, for Rhody Ram followers.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

The name will be gone soon, probably sometime in the next day. It's just a matter of rearranging some other stuff though - Typically, we try to change multiple things at once when it comes to renaming, merging or closing forums, since some of the back-end admin stuff is annoying. Thank you for your patience in these trying times, and to amuse yourself during the wait, please enjoy this GIF of Homer Simpson:

0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Smokinjimit wrote:I'm not MLK and I'd rather just kill the beast. If some friar fans don't like us taking shots at their team on our message board too bad. It's a URI board. I don't feel the need to go on the friar board and defend URI every time something is written about us.

You can post where ever you like. It's a free country
0 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

Wrong. If I went on the PC board and posted the same way you do here I would be banned.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Smokinjimit wrote:Wrong. If I went on the PC board and posted the same way you do here I would be banned.
ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!! :lol: :lol:
0 x