AREA CODE 401: WHERE'S ROD????????

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

AREA CODE 401: WHERE'S ROD????????

Unread post by bressler3south »

Haven't heard from you in awhile, just wondering if you're not in the clink for hoisting

Hope all is well!!!!!!!!!!!!
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Bressler, aka, "Bat Guano"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by bressler3south 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: AREA CODE 401: WHERE'S ROD?????????????????????????????

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Rod no longer posts here .....
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

Really? Why?
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? Did he announce it somewhere on the board????????????????????????????????????????????????
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
0 x
Justns11
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Justns11 »

I've been trying to figure this out as well. It looks like it had something to do with an argument with the PC guys either in the Friar Town section, but the entire conversation has been deleted.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I can report that Rod is alive and presumably well. That is all I can report at this time, however. Hope he jumps back into the fray soon.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Dear TruePoint,

How do I get in touch with him, without revealing who I am?????? (If I must give up my true identity, then so be it…..) Any suggestions???????

Thanks,

Bressler
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

You can hit Rod up on Twitter @RodFromCranston

You can also email or private message him using this site. He will still be notified and I expect would read well-wishes from fellow Ram fans.

He was on KeaneyBlue as recently as TODAY @ 1:15 pm.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

Rod's a great fan, obviously, but has a little bit of a powder keg personality which doesn't always mesh with message board antics.
0 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

Why would the discussion be deleated?
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Because it was ridiculous and it wasn't about anything. It was PC fans slandering the program and Rod (justifiably, IMO) going off on them about it. And also some weird references to/argument over the Fab Five which apparently was somehow related to PC's and URI's pursuit of Terrell. The whole thing was a clusterf--- and pretty embarrassing to the board, so it got put into the time capsule and buried at sea.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

I admit it was far over the top. My apologies to those who were offended.
(don't watch Hard Knocks if you were)
What really bothered me is, a prolonged attack on our Elite 8 coach, and barely anyone stepping in
to dispute some of the unchecked claims coming from our PC friends.
Sure, I'm well versed on the subject, but I expected more from my fellow Rams.
The PC guys Sean and superfly, are good posters, but if we're Rhody Rams, if you like me or not,
I would expect more backup in the face of a double team by the opposition.
It was not on Friartown, it was on the recruiting site. The parts in question were moved there and eventually (and mercifully), deleted.
I appreciate TP's efforts to help the situation.
Oh, and Bressler, if people can know who I am, what's the secret to anyone's identity, unless they
were Athletic Department employees?
In closing, I think Friartown should be eliminated. Nobody likes it, PC people or most of the posters here.
There's no Ramtown on their board, to make us more prominent than is deserved.
Let's do the same here.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

i agree they dont deserve a spot on our board, it legitimizes them and they dont deserve it, they aren't Duke more like Duquesne in recent history. i understand the rationale why there is 1, but for all the benefits it just makes them feel much more important than they are to me or many on this board. they are relevant 1 time a year, and if they make a tourney run i will pay attention then as well. besides that their daily activities matter little to my Rhody fandom.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I agree; I originally thought is was okay to "ghettoize" Friar discussion in one section, but it really doesn't make sense. If anything, a broader discussion of the A-10 or even general college basketball topic would make more sense.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

The change has been in the works for a while. I can't say exactly when it will take effect because it may be time intensive and we don't have anyone managing this board full-time. But we are on the same page. There should be a place to discuss other college sports topics other than Rhody, and if there is a PC-related thing it can go there.

The PC "section" was intended to be a place to quarantine discussions involving our PC interlopers, but it has been seen by them as an open invitation for them to "talk Friars." It wasn't intended for that. General Friar talk that doesn't directly concern URI can take place on PC's message board.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Hi, Rod!!!! Great to see your post!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Also, I honestly DON'T KNOW who you are, as I assume we've never formerly met, and I was joking about "my true identity." (It had to do with a play-on-words "Crazy as bat-shit," which I took as a compliment/badge of honor, which had me thinking of Batman.) Anyway, I'm "Rob, formerly of Craaaaaaanston, presently of North Kingstown!" :lol: 8-) :lol: 8-)
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Thus, Bat Guano? Ah!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

bressler3south wrote:Hi, Rod!!!! Great to see your post!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Also, I honestly DON'T KNOW who you are, as I assume we've never formerly met, and I was joking about "my true identity." (It had to do with a play-on-words "Crazy as bat-shit," which I took as a compliment/badge of honor, which had me thinking of Batman.) Anyway, I'm "Rob, formerly of Craaaaaaanston, presently of North Kingstown!" :lol: 8-) :lol: 8-)
But, do tell us who haven't yet figured it out, what dorm and where exactly within that dorm did you reside while attending URI?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
Kingston
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Kingston »

About two years ago I did a fall clean up in Cranston. When I arrived at the house I noticed the uri stickers on the cars and as was cleaning the gutters i noticed the elite eight car flag hanging on a lamp. Went to my buddy whom I was working with "I got to meet this guy he's a diehard uri fan" as I consider myself to be. About an hour later guy comes out walking an enormous dog and from the roof I was holy shit I'm at Rod's house. I introduced myself and we talked about a half hour about rhody basketball. I mentioned I went against him on a Harrick post before and he mentioned that he and his ex wife became friendly with the Harrick's and he considers him a friend. At that time I realized his feeling of Harrick is of a friend so he defends him as any of us would defend their friend or as Cindy baron would defend her husband. I have no problem with that and In person Rod had no problem with me saying my thoughts on Harrick. I consider Rod just like myself and like many of you on here diehard rhody fans to the point which no one who isn't one would never understand. With that being saidbdump friar town ( didn't even know that existed on here) I like being the underdog forgotten team of this state I could careless about there team. As for seanmc and super fly if they can take as we'll as dish it i have no problem with them on here. Just get ready to take it deep this December boys. This is a new era of Ram basketball. As for me like the rest of you diehards and possibly the biggest diehard of all Rod I have to go off the board and back to work. And hope in the next 48 hours Terrell will be a ram.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Awesome story, Kingston.
And glad to have you back, Rod.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Kingston wrote:the biggest diehard of all Rod I have to go off the board and back to work. And hope in the next 48 hours Terrell will be a ram.
AMEN on both points.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Thanks, Kingston. I remember it well.
I need you guys back this year, by the way!
Did a super job, too.
0 x
Essam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Essam »

TGIR
0 x
Kingston
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Kingston »

No problem rod ill get in touch come fall. And I'll man the route 4 entrance to uri with my welcome the ram nation sighs for Terrell you take the 95 entrance and well celebrate on sept 7
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Re: AREA CODE 401: WHERE'S ROD????????

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I wish I bumped into RodfromCraaaaaaanston at his house. Great story to keep the summer board moving. I wish I caught the battle with PC and could back us up.

I am all about that. I also think I met Rod at Caseys one time or an alumni that I have always just figured was Rod.

We will wipe our floor with PC this year.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

This doesn't really have to do with Rod, who I am definitely happy is back. I've had many disagreements with him but he is our most passionate and interesting poster.
But, as far as the arguing with PC posters, particularly Superfly, its just not for me. Although I find his posts way more interesting than Seanmc's Grand Corrector of all that is False shtick, it just seems like a trap. He gets people riled up so that they say something overboard and then he runs back to the PC board and posts look how dumb URI fans are, so and so said this. I'm fine with the fact that some people enjoy the back and forth with him and some others feel it necessary to defend our school, but I'm just explaining why some of us others don't "jump in".
Also on the subject of the PC section, the fact is there are posters who regularly want to discuss PC topics. There's a good amount of threads started in that section by URI posters. When the PC section is deleted, I hope that those threads aren't allowed to clutter up our main board.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

BFC wrote: But, as far as the arguing with PC posters, particularly Superfly, its just not for me. Although I find his posts way more interesting than Seanmc's Grand Corrector of all that is False shtick, it just seems like a trap.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

BFC - the idea will be to have an area to discuss non-URI college sports topics. Anything will be in bounds there, from BCS football to NCAA violations, conference realignment, etc., to PC-related topics if that is what people want to discuss. It is a little bit of a tricky situation because PC is a semi-frequent topic since they are a neighbor, a rival and a measuring stick of sorts, but nobody wants the main board clogged up by "friar talk." But in the end I think the better approach is to not dedicate a special area to them because it attracts interlopers like moths to a flame.
0 x