Aging infrasture

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Aging infrasture

Unread post by OBRAM »

A lot has been done in the last 20 years at URI, dorms, new science buildings, old buildings fixed up, Ryan Center, new tennis courts, new fitness center, Hope dining complex, we all know the accomplishments. But there are some glaring needs. The pool complex is almost 50 years old, the outside track is condemned, baseball stands don't exits, and outside stadium, also engineering needs a upgrade and the Fine Arts building is a disgrace.
0 x
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

Re: Aging infrasture

Unread post by EasyEdBrown »

Aren't a fan of brutalist architecture?
0 x
"it makes me smile knowing the A10 is doomed" --Brutus
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

I grew to enjoy the irony of the fine arts building over my time at rhody.

Seriously though, if you look at most every medium to large university closely enough there are buildings and facilities that are in rough shape. Just the nature of the beast. Baseball will be upgraded once basketball succeeds. Depending on the level of basketball success maybe football stadium can be upgraded again.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

baseball had a brand new field installed, there arent enough people that go to games to warrant big stands be installed
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

Well, right now there are few stands for baseball. RI College has nice seats that is not plain old bleachers. If you have lights on the baseball field, it could be used all summer long.
0 x