KeaneyBlue Status Update

Just what the name says it is. Please check frequently for news about the board.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

KeaneyBlue Status Update

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

KeaneyBlue Community,

We're back!

All posts and user data were preserved since the outage at approximately 7am, Wednesday morning. While updating the very popular post "like" feature, everything went down hill quickly and the software prevented access to protect its contents.

Today, with the assistance of the phpBB support community, we back traced the outage via error logs and progressively eliminated all the issues that were generating site errors.

I took a very conservative approach to resolving this issue, as the top priority was protecting the site's data and configuration. In the end, the safe approach took longer but had the highest chance of success and lowest risk of losing the site.

This outage has changed the way I will perform maintenance on the site going forward. Even minor edits will be done during an off-hours, announced time. Full site backups will be made immediately upon opening the maintenance window. I learned a lot about this phpBB platform in working through the issues and restoring the site today. This will serve us all well going forward.

I thank you all for your patience during this outage and apologize for the inconvenience it caused. Let's get back to supporting Rhody Basketball on The Road to the 2018 NCAA Tournament!

-Matt
KeaneyBlue Administrator
12 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: KeaneyBlue Status Update

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Thanks for efforts. I know it's not easy, and time-consuming.
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Thank you!!
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Thanks for all the hard work getting things back up and running. Time for another donation perhaps!
2 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

ATP is hardest working man in showbiz. Hope you guys appreciate it.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011