KeaneyBlue.com Site Donations & Finances Update

Just what the name says it is. Please check frequently for news about the board.
GandysFantasy
Frenchy Tomlin

KeaneyBlue.com Site Donations & Finances Update

Unread post by GandysFantasy »

Atp

Great job launching this new site in record time. Please PM me so I know where to send a donation.

Thanks

How to Support KeaneyBlue.com, a 100% Rhody Fan Funded Community

Donations can be sent electronically via PayPal by using my email address: atptourfan at gmail.com

Alternatively, I always enjoy a handshake with any in-person donations at home games or Rhody events around town.

If you'd like to send a check, money order, or cash(!) (for those who need maximum anonymity), Private Message me for my mailing address.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Re: Kudos to ATP

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Agreed!
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I guess I'll have to talk to the IT dept at work as this forum is blocked! Still get it on my work blackberry though :)
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Here here. Great job, ATP.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Oh Yeah!! many thanks to you ATP!

I realize the fee's are all set for the season, but are you going to take donations going forward?
and can we put overage towards tailgating? 8-)
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Running Ram wrote:Oh Yeah!! many thanks to you ATP!

I realize the fee's are all set for the season, but are you going to take donations going forward?
and can we put overage towards tailgating? 8-)

Since the hosting fees are usage based, it's possible we're not covered yet. However, it's very early and several very generous fans have said the "check is in the mail", so I'm not certain where we stand just yet.

I feel like PBS... asking for pledges and donations.

I plan on keeping everyone informed as to the costs of this site so it's all very transparent. It will be interesting to see how the traffic surges as the season gets underway.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
EZBuckets
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EZBuckets »

I agree, great job on the site. Lightning fast.
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

I began to think that the last board was run on a 286 PC. Let me know by PM where to send a donation.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Rhody72 wrote:I began to think that the last board was run on a 286 PC. Let me know by PM where to send a donation.
Anyone remember Commodore 64?
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

The more I use this new site the more I love it.

If you haven't already, definitely check out the links in the top corners for active topics and even better, Unread Posts.

I find that the Unread Posts feature makes it super easy to keep track of all the stuff I haven't read no matter where the post resides. If you click the little icon next to the unread post listing, it will take you directly down to the first unread post.

You could even bookmark the link for Unread Posts so you instantly see what's going on when you log in.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Many thanks to you, ATP - I've been consumed with election and work stuff, and URI has been in the back of my mind because the season doesn't start for a bit. You have definitely minded the store like a pro! It's a proud day for your family.
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

Great job ATP!
0 x
Essam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Essam »

I like the new site on my computer but am having problems with my Ipad.Thanks for all your work ATP.
0 x
GandysFantasy
Frenchy Tomlin

Works fine on my iPad.
Anyone try it on a mobile device?
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

It works great on any web-enabled device... even on my garbage 3yr old blackberry phone.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

The forum software isn't optimized for smartphones, but it works fine on my Droid.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

There is an option for a android/iOS/blackberry app called Tapatalk to enjoy the forum from a mobile device. I haven't had a chance to try it, but if anyone is interested, I can try to enable it and you can provide feedback on your experience.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

I got the forum to work on my iPhone 5. At first it was read only, then I logged in and now can post from phone. I saved the site to the screen and have it as an app. Now to delete the old forum to avoid clicking on the wrong app.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Nice job getting this up and running ATP. I was out of town all weekend, and it was nice to come back and see everyone made the change!
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

ATPTourFan wrote:There is an option for a android/iOS/blackberry app called Tapatalk to enjoy the forum from a mobile device. I haven't had a chance to try it, but if anyone is interested, I can try to enable it and you can provide feedback on your experience.
Yeah, I'll give it a shot ....
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

On another board I frequent, they rave about Tapatalk, so I agree that it is your best option.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

To ATP and everyone who helped to set-up this board: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

OK, I have enabled Tapatalk for this forum. Please let me know how it goes for those who have already downloaded it.
0 x
GandysFantasy
Frenchy Tomlin

4.99 for the App?
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Don't ask me. :lol:

I'm one of the 12 people in America to NOT own an iOS device. I think it costs $2.99 on Blackberry.

If anyone so chooses to purchase the app, that $ all goes to the app developer (in case that wasn't completely obvious).

It should work well with the forum, according to what I've read in the support area here.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Well done good sir. *raises glass
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by daytonflyerfan »

Yes, thank-you to ATP and anyone else who helped set up this website. Thanks for all the hard work.
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

Great job, definitely. I would suggest keeping an updated finances posting in the announcements section. I think alot of us are assuming enough contributions are coming in now but would be willing to contribute in the future when needed.
One complaint about the board is I guess you can only edit your posts for a short period of time, I always kept my recruit info threads updated but I guess that will all be on True Point now.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

2.99 on droid
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

BFC wrote:One complaint about the board is I guess you can only edit your posts for a short period of time, I always kept my recruit info threads updated but I guess that will all be on True Point now.
Just changed that. Sorry, didn't even notice that setting was different here.
0 x
jmck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by jmck »

you da man ATP!
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

We had 70 users online just a few minutes ago. Keep in mind that kind of traffic was rarely seen on the old board over the past few seasons. The URI Men's Basketball Team has some serious buzz going amongst the fan base.

Our record for the old board was 88 on the day Jim Baron was fired, a massive news event. Prior to that, I think we hit about 70 simultaneous users during the Texas game when we were hanging around and Jamal Wilson was having a huge night.

The traffic is way up as many fans have become active again, we'll have to see what our usage stats look like when we get closer to the end of our first month here.

I will keep everyone up to date on monthly hits and hosting fees associated with the site.

So far, $55 has been generously donated via PayPal.com. Others have pledged to send money by mail, but it has yet to arrive. We're averaging around 5500 page loads a day, which would put us in the $29/month category. Remember, we only pay for what we use, so as the Summer approaches and we use the site less, it will cost less.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I hope everyone who has been congratulating ATP on his fine job has stepped and donated to this board. I've done this sort of work in the past and it's a LOT of work!
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

This new board is unreal !!! I am stoked to be a part of it !!!
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Update, received a $20 donation by mail and another $10 via PayPal today. Thank you to the generous members (they know who they are) who contributed!

Traffic is way up in anticipation of the new season. Many have mentioned a willingness to contribute, but I have only received the 3 previously mentioned paypal donations and this one today via mail.

Paypal donations are easy and can be done to my atptourfan@gmail.com paypal account.

Thanks to the 5 members who have donated and for those willing to also help out with our forum.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

I'll do it soon, but yesterday, I contributed $50.00 to a vet in St. Louis, who is caring for 8 bulldogs. Some sick bastard broke into their home and set fire to them. Some are in grave condition.
I would like to get the assholes who did this, and do that to them.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

I saw that , Rod, on the Facebook. Definitely sick bastard to do anything like that.

No rush! I just wanted to let everyone know what the status was on donations in the event someone attempted to use paypal but was not successful, or mailed a donation that was not received.

Thank you everyone!
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Rod, you old softy. I applaud your commitment to the care and treatment of dogs and animals. I think Rod should get a pass for now, I'll donate to the forum, you donate to the care of animals. I can't stand the thought of pooches being harmed, dogs are such awesome gifts, anyone who harms one should pay severely, by means of the same harm being inflicted upon them.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

RR, I've owned three Bulldogs, and despite their ugly looks, they are the sweetest dogs, with funny personalities.
The idea of anyone harming them, or any other animal, is repugnant.
People who harm children and animals deserve the Braveheart death.
0 x
SDRam
Jim Eitner

Unread post by SDRam »

Hi. I just signed up for this forum. I have visited the various Rhody message boards since the early days of the Projo board but this is my first post. That's because this is by far the best one and because these are once again exciting times for us long time Rhody basketball fans. I graduated in 1970 and have been living and working in SoCal (north San Diego County) for the last 25 years, although, I am now retired. I've been back to see friends and family in RI on many occasions during that time and makie the trip to Kingston to see the Rams whenever possible. I have even been to a few Rhody games when they have travelled out to this part of the country -- Tom Penders' team with Kenny Green vs. San Diego State; Al Skinner's team with Mike Brown vs. Arizona at Tuscon; and Jim Harrick's team with Lamar vs. Pepperdine and Sienna in Malibu. At the Pepperdine game, Magic Johnson was there to scout Lamar for the Lakers and he sat right in frront of me in the bleachers behind the Rhody bench with my knee in his back the whole time. During time outs, the players spent more time looking up at Magic than they did listening to Harrick. Anyway, I just wanted to add my thanks and congratulations to ATP and the rest for their efforts in setting up this new board. What a wonderful way for us out-of-staters to be able to follow Rhody -- especially now that Projo has (understandably) gone to a paid subscription format for it's internet site. Thanks again.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Welcome aboard SD Ram !!!
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Yes, Welcome Aboard, SDRam!! It is great that we have a place for Rhody fans everywhere to discuss their favorite team!

Also, 3 more generous fans donated a combined $60 last night. I will report back to everyone what the next monthly hosting payment is.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

SDRam wrote:Hi. I just signed up for this forum. I have visited the various Rhody message boards since the early days of the Projo board but this is my first post. That's because this is by far the best one and because these are once again exciting times for us long time Rhody basketball fans. I graduated in 1970 and have been living and working in SoCal (north San Diego County) for the last 25 years, although, I am now retired. I've been back to see friends and family in RI on many occasions during that time and makie the trip to Kingston to see the Rams whenever possible. I have even been to a few Rhody games when they have travelled out to this part of the country -- Tom Penders' team with Kenny Green vs. San Diego State; Al Skinner's team with Mike Brown vs. Arizona at Tuscon; and Jim Harrick's team with Lamar vs. Pepperdine and Sienna in Malibu. At the Pepperdine game, Magic Johnson was there to scout Lamar for the Lakers and he sat right in frront of me in the bleachers behind the Rhody bench with my knee in his back the whole time. During time outs, the players spent more time looking up at Magic than they did listening to Harrick. Anyway, I just wanted to add my thanks and congratulations to ATP and the rest for their efforts in setting up this new board. What a wonderful way for us out-of-staters to be able to follow Rhody -- especially now that Projo has (understandably) gone to a paid subscription format for it's internet site. Thanks again.
Welcome from a fellow north San Diego County alum (class of '03)! I definitely thought I was the only one out here!
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Received a very generous $60 donation by mail. It's great that there are so many fans in this community who are willing to help cover the operating costs. Traffic to the site continues to be brisk considering games have not yet started. It's great that we can have an ad-free forum to discuss Rhody Hoops from anywhere in the world.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Donations Updates

Another member has generously donated $15 via PayPal. Thank you!!
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: KeaneyBlue Site Donations Update

Unread post by rambone 78 »

ATP, pm me with your address to send a donation to. Make the check out to ATP TourFan? Thanks.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Received a very generous $40 donation today at the Blue/White scrimmage! Thank you!!
0 x
sandman012
Steve Chubin

Unread post by sandman012 »

Hi all,

Another fan jumping back on the bandwagon; I jumped off during the reign of Jerry D.

I was never able to register on the last board, but was somewhat active on the ProJo board (thought I'd use my UN from that board). I never bothered to resolve the technical difficulty with the last board as i never much bought into the Jim Baron reign enough to fully invest myself once again.

But the Hurley's hiring, this new board, and my moving closer to Kingston once again have been a sign ... so I look forward to reacquainting myself with Rhody hoops and catching some games live this year. I cut the cable cord years ago, so watching games on TV/online is an open question, hopefully the Cox streaming I've read about works well!!

I was a student working in the Athletic department when Cutino and Tyson were freshmen; I watched every game that year (and there-after) and enjoyed it as the promise of what was to come was exciting.

Same applies here ... except I won't get to see every game this year. But who knows, with a 4 and 2 year old boys, maybe season tickets are in my future.

ATP, the checks in the (paypal) mail. Thanks.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

sandman012 wrote:ATP, the checks in the (paypal) mail. Thanks.
Thank you for your donation!! Welcome back!
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Received another $20 donation via PayPal today. Thank you, everyone!!
0 x