Friars post-season chances

For any college sports discussion not based in Kingston
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Friars post-season chances

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

St. John's is 8-6 and Lavin talks openly about how they're on the outside looking in right now. PC is 6-8 and the Projo keeps writing about their NCAA chances. Donaldson said today that the Rutgers game is a play-in game for PC. What?
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Friars post-season chances

Unread post by STC »

The sports writers at the Projo are a joke. Talk about being too far in the forest to see the trees, PeeCee aint making the tourney this year but Cools has got them moving in the right direction. I think a strong NIT run could get some momentum going into next year.

If Ledo sticks around with Kris Dunn and Brandon Austin coming in, I believe PC will be in the running for a tourney bid next year.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

Iggy1979 wrote:St. John's is 8-6 and Lavin talks openly about how they're on the outside looking in right now. PC is 6-8 and the Projo keeps writing about their NCAA chances. Donaldson said today that the Rutgers game is a play-in game for PC. What?
IMHO,

PC needs to win out and win a game in the BE to get on the bubble. Very doable. The only game PC won't be favored in will be UConn on the road.

Nit is the only tourney that matters. ;)
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
Essam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Essam »

Donaldson would be right if the Big east gets 12 teams in.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

BE gets 7 max
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

NIT is hard to get in. Ask Dan Hurley about that.

PC will probably (assuming they don't complete the deep BET run mentioned above) finish with a RPI near 90-95 (including their loss in MSG).

No NIT for a team with a losing record and RPI in the 90s.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

2-2 and a bet win gets PC in the nit
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Still would result in RPI near 90, per RPIForecast.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/ct/Providence.html
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

The Friars control their own destiny, but most teams still do at this point, outside of teams like URI that are clearly rebuilding. Most teams still have 3 to 5 conference games left, so yes, if you win out in most conferences, you're either on the NCAA or NIT bubble, depending on how the rest of your season has gone.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Sat, Feb 23 at Rutgers 9:00 pm
Sat, Mar 2 St. John's
Tue, Mar 5 Seton Hall
Sat, Mar 9 at Connecticut

6 Connecticut 8-5 18-7 Loss Game is at UCONN
9 St. John's 8-6 16-10 Toss Up
11 Providence 6-8 14-12
12 Rutgers 4-10 13-12 Loss Game is at Rutgers
14 Seton Hall 2-12 13-14 Win

PC finishes 8-10 16-14 not likely for NIT with a losing conference record. and that is if they beat St John's
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Gutty win for the friars as they grab their 4th road win in the BE
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

PC is not likely to get an NCAA bid. NCAA teams do not lose to both Brown and BC and get an at large. The Friars RPI is now 81 and on the higher range of NIT consideration. If they do what they are supposed to from here on out, they will probably make the NIT field. Given all they have gone through with player eligibility/medical issues and where they were just over two weeks ago, an NIT bid would be an accomplishment for Cooley and his staff and could be something to build on for the future.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

i'd put them on the NIT bubble right now
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I have been impressed by the friars this year.....an NIT bid would be a feather in their collective caps.....if they win out the regular season and make it to the big east finals they could go NCAA....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Going 2-1 would put PC as the 7-8 seed in the BE tourney. Win one game, outside looking in at the NCAA. Win 2....who knows
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

I don't think that, Your best wins are Cincinnati (RPI: 50) and Notre Dame (RPI: 40) at home, your best road win is at Villanova (RPI: 54) and you have loses to Penn State (Neutral) (RPI: 199), BC (away) (RPI: 134), Brown (away) (RPI: 267) and Depaul (home) (RPI:179).

Not to mention your RPI is currently 78 with 4 wins against the top 100 RPI (2 top 50) and 3 loses to sub 150+ RPIs

I don't see PC near the NCAA tournament, like I said before I believe they will put them on the NIT bubble they just don't have a good resume, if it wasn't for the name Big East this wouldn't be a discussion
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

I think PC probably needs two wins in the BE tournament to get on the bubble, and might need to win the whole thing to actually make the NCAA tournament. They are peaking at the right time though, the talent finally seems to be gelling and crazier things have happened.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

twisted3829 wrote:I don't think that, Your best wins are Cincinnati (RPI: 50) and Notre Dame (RPI: 40) at home, your best road win is at Villanova (RPI: 54) and you have loses to Penn State (Neutral) (RPI: 199), BC (away) (RPI: 134), Brown (away) (RPI: 267) and Depaul (home) (RPI:179).

Not to mention your RPI is currently 78 with 4 wins against the top 100 RPI (2 top 50) and 3 loses to sub 150+ RPIs

I don't see PC near the NCAA tournament, like I said before I believe they will put them on the NIT bubble they just don't have a good resume, if it wasn't for the name Big East this wouldn't be a discussion
PSU, BC were without Council. Brown was w/o Cotton. NCAA should look at injuries. Need to beat St John's Saturday first
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

the Friars need at least 5 more wins before they will even be considered, they are under .500 in conference and are 15-12 overall
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

seanmc94 wrote:
twisted3829 wrote:I don't think that, Your best wins are Cincinnati (RPI: 50) and Notre Dame (RPI: 40) at home, your best road win is at Villanova (RPI: 54) and you have loses to Penn State (Neutral) (RPI: 199), BC (away) (RPI: 134), Brown (away) (RPI: 267) and Depaul (home) (RPI:179).

PSU, BC were without Council. Brown was w/o Cotton. NCAA should look at injuries. Need to beat St John's Saturday first
I believe the selection committee does look at injuries, but mostly as a way to downgrade teams - IIRC, they famously gave Kenyon Martin's Cincy team a No. 2 seed despite a gaudy record after he broke his leg in the conference tournament.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Ive seen PC counted as a "bad loss" a couple of times recently when networks were showing other teams resumes. Usually teams that are a "bad loss" arent considered NCAA tournament teams. NIT I think is still in the discussion though.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

adam914 wrote:Ive seen PC counted as a "bad loss" a couple of times recently when networks were showing other teams resumes. Usually teams that are a "bad loss" arent considered NCAA tournament teams. NIT I think is still in the discussion though.

I saw that too. During the Notre Dame game telecast the other day they listed Providence and St. Joe's as bad losses for the Irish. Both SJU and PC are above .500 and have RPI's in the low 80's. I wouldn't consider either a "bad" loss.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Agree, I would consider any team with an RPI below 150 to be a "bad" loss.

You can still find decent teams with sub-100 RPI's.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Congrats to Ed Cooley for turning the program around. Sean: what do I owe you ?
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Re: Week #17 - Games of Interest

Jks1985 wrote:PC beat St John's last night...
Say it aint so, but one more win for PC probably has them on the NCAA bubble.
I think they are in the NIT for now.

Canisius probably won't even make the NIT

Bryant has a huge game vs. Mt. St. Mary's in the NEC quarterfinals at home on Wednesday. Place should be packed with a great atmosphere. Why didn't we play them this year? (Heard they might actually go to America East soon)
IMHO, PC needs to win 3 more games to really get on the bubble (more than an outside shot) and 4 to have a really solid shot.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

I am very surprised that Cooley has turned the season around.....it looked in the early part of the season like it would be lost season....congratulations, begrudgingly, to Cooley and friar fans for making March meaningful.....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

I don't think the friars are on the NCAA bubble...they are on the NIT bubble......I see them beating Seton Hall and losing to UConn at Gampel....9-9 in big east.....if they make it to the finals of big east I think they place themselves on the NCAA bubble....the RPI will go up after their first game with each successive victory....they will have to beat some high RPI teams to get to the finals....
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

They have talent and experience in key positions, I have said that all year. Cooley earned his pay this year, good job. Still think they need a decent run in the tourney to be even close to the bubble given some bad early season losses. NIT is likely a shoo in at this point.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Ramulous wrote:I don't think the friars are on the NCAA bubble...they are on the NIT bubble......I see them beating Seton Hall and losing to UConn at Gampel....9-9 in big east.....if they make it to the finals of big east I think they place themselves on the NCAA bubble....the RPI will go up after their first game with each successive victory....they will have to beat some high RPI teams to get to the finals....
PC is a lock for the nit. I agree with rj. 3 more wins, bubble. 4 they are in.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Who would have thought in December that PC would be where they are today. Hate to say it, but, pretty impressive.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Ramulous wrote:I don't think the friars are on the NCAA bubble...they are on the NIT bubble......I see them beating Seton Hall and losing to UConn at Gampel....9-9 in big east.....if they make it to the finals of big east I think they place themselves on the NCAA bubble....the RPI will go up after their first game with each successive victory....they will have to beat some high RPI teams to get to the finals....
PC isn't as far away from the bubble as you think.

I would consider the real bubble to be the last 7/8 in with the next 8 out. About 15-16 teams, a way of trying to account for the few at-large bids that might get eaten by automatic teams who otherwise wouldn't get the tourney.

I don't consider PC in that group.

But PC is likely in the group with the next group of 8, the "almost on the bubble but looking like NIT locks." That is about where every major statistic measure would put them. BPI/KenPom/Sagarin/RPI, etc. They have an RPI in the 70s. Looks like at-large teams will have RPI's in the 60s this year.

If PC beats SHU (not a good win, but a must win), UCONN on the road (a very good win), and BET Opponent A (an NCAA bubble team/NIT team), there is no way they don't at least crack the bubble watch, especially given the fact that none of these bubble teams are performing particularly well, which would also likely make them a very solid NIT seed.

There will be a lot of very mediocre teams making the NCAA Tournament this year.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

rjsuperfly66 wrote:
PC isn't as far away from the bubble as you think.

I would consider the real bubble to be the last 7/8 in with the next 8 out. About 15-16 teams, a way of trying to account for the few at-large bids that might get eaten by automatic teams who otherwise wouldn't get the tourney.

I don't consider PC in that group.

But PC is likely in the group with the next group of 8, the "almost on the bubble but looking like NIT locks." That is about where every major statistic measure would put them. BPI/KenPom/Sagarin/RPI, etc. They have an RPI in the 70s. Looks like at-large teams will have RPI's in the 60s this year.

If PC beats SHU (not a good win, but a must win), UCONN on the road (a very good win), and BET Opponent A (an NCAA bubble team/NIT team), there is no way they don't at least crack the bubble watch, especially given the fact that none of these bubble teams are performing particularly well, which would also likely make them a very solid NIT seed.

There will be a lot of very mediocre teams making the NCAA Tournament this year.

When are you trolls/PC fans going to get a grip on reality? Get real! RPI of 76? Cut that in half and then PC would be on the bubble. Only way PC is sniffing an NCAA Tourney bid is if they win the Big East Tourney.

And yes, I do agree with you that is stupid of us URI fans to be calling out Fordham and Duquesne as bottom feeders that the A10 needs to cut loose considering our recent run of success. But c'mon this has been a nice year for Cooley and has certainly been a step in the right direction but lets be real.

Cooley has that team going in the right direction and with Ledo (potentially) and Brandon Austin coming in next year the future is bright but SHUT UP about a tourney bid this year.

PC should be focused on continuing to close the year out strong as they have been as well as trying to make a deep NIT run. Anyone that thinks PC is on the bubble or close to the bubble is not qualified to talk basketball.

Props to PC for a nice second half run but lets keep in mind they lost to fucking Brown, Penn State, DePaul and beat the New Jersey Institute of Technology by 1 freaking point!!!
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

STC wrote:

When are you trolls/PC fans going to get a grip on reality? Get real! RPI of 76? Cut that in half and then PC would be on the bubble. Only way PC is sniffing an NCAA Tourney bid is if they win the Big East Tourney.

And yes, I do agree with you that is stupid of us URI fans to be calling out Fordham and Duquesne as bottom feeders that the A10 needs to cut loose considering our recent run of success. But c'mon this has been a nice year for Cooley and has certainly been a step in the right direction but lets be real.

Cooley has that team going in the right direction and with Ledo (potentially) and Brandon Austin coming in next year the future is bright but SHUT UP about a tourney bid this year.

PC should be focused on continuing to close the year out strong as they have been as well as trying to make a deep NIT run. Anyone that thinks PC is on the bubble or close to the bubble is not qualified to talk basketball.

Props to PC for a nice second half run but lets keep in mind they lost to fucking Brown, Penn State, DePaul and beat the New Jersey Institute of Technology by 1 freaking point!!!
You seriously must know nothing about basketball then. Every year there are teams with a RPI 50s that get into the NCAA Tournament, and some years that are even teams in the 60s. PC right now has an RPI of 77. So to say they need to cut that in half to get "on the bubble" is just ludicrous. The average first four out this year at the moment are Ole Miss (60), Tennessee (56), Baylor (63), and Southern Miss (35). The next four are Maryland (70), Indiana St. (79), Alabama (61), and St. John's (69). If PC were to win their next 2 games, their expected RPI is 66.2, which to me indicates that they are not THAT far away from the bubble. Even at 66, I wouldn't consider PC a true bubble team unless they beat Cincy or SJU at MSG in the BET, pushing their RPI close to high-50s with a neutral court win. At that point, I think it is win and they are in. Beat a Gtown or Louisville or Marquette, a top 15 program on a neutral court, that would likely push their RPI into the low 50s, which to me would indicate to be very close to in. Again, an unlikely scenario, but one that I think isn't completely unreasonable and delusional.

Every bracketologist who has those teams on the bubble must really no nothing or be qualified to talk about college basketball then since those bubble teams have RPI's in the 60s and 70s.

PC has some bad losses, those losses also came with an incomplete roster. IF, and that is a big IF, they get to the point where they are even in the conversation, that will most certainly be taken into consideration, just like how teams are looked at differently when they lose a player for the NCAA. Again, I don't think PC is on the bubble, but I also don't think (again statistically speaking) that they are that far off of it. Winning at UCONN will certainly be a very tough task.

Realistically though, I will maintain that PC will finish this season out from here 2-2, and get a 3 or 4 seed in the NIT.
Last edited by rjsuperfly66 11 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

We're not "stupid" for referring to Fordham and Duquesne as bottom feeders.
Those programs are , but for a couple of nice seasons for Duquesne, terrible programs.
URI under Baron was good enough to go to a couple of NITs.
It wasn't a bad program. It wasn't a great program. It was inconsistent. A bunch of 20 win seasons and three 20 loss
seasons. It was mediocre.
Anyone who looks at these last two seasons as normal for URI, isn't a basketball fan.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

rjsuperfly66 wrote:
STC wrote:

You seriously must know nothing about basketball then. Every year there are teams with a RPI 50s that get into the NCAA Tournament, and some years that are even teams in the 60s. PC right now has an RPI of 77. So to say they need to cut that in half to get "on the bubble" is just ludicrous. The average first four out this year at the moment are Ole Miss (60), Tennessee (56), Baylor (63), and Southern Miss (35). The next four are Maryland (70), Indiana St. (79), Alabama (61), and St. John's (69). If PC were to win their next 2 games, their expected RPI is 66.2, which to me indicates that they are not THAT far away from the bubble.

Every bracketologist who has those teams on the bubble must really no nothing or be qualified to talk about college basketball then since those bubble teams have RPI's in the 60s and 70s.

PC has some bad losses, those losses also came with an incomplete roster. IF, and that is a big IF, they get to the point where they are even in the conversation, that will most certainly be taken into consideration, just like how teams are looked at differently when they lose a player for the NCAA. Again, I don't think PC is on the bubble, but I also don't think (again statistically speaking) that they are that far off of it. Winning at UCONN will certainly be a very tough task.

RJ, you have to consider the fact that the we dont know whom the auto-bids will be and once we do that will knock the schools with 50+ RPI's off the bubble. There out of conference schedule leaves a lot to be desired as well.

Also, RPI aside they are only FOUR games over .500 at 16-12 and .500 in conference. Nothing about that says bubble team.

Neat little run here at the end of the year by Cooley winning 6 out of 7 but it's all about the NIT this year for PC, which isn't a bad thing. A strong run in the NIT could set them up with some nice momentum going into next year.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

STC wrote:
RJ, you have to consider the fact that the we dont know whom the auto-bids will be and once we do that will knock the schools with 50+ RPI's off the bubble. There out of conference schedule leaves a lot to be desired as well.

Also, RPI aside they are only FOUR games over .500 at 16-12 and .500 in conference. Nothing about that says bubble team.

Neat little run here at the end of the year by Cooley winning 6 out of 7 but it's all about the NIT this year for PC, which isn't a bad thing. A strong run in the NIT could set them up with some nice momentum going into next year.
I agree completely, which is why when looking at the bubble I try to include 8 before/8 after. PC definitely is not with those teams, and for a team to really solidify their spot in the NCAA, they are likely going to need an RPI around 55 to have a chance.

I think what many PC fans are saying is that if they win their next 2 before conference tournament season, they will have an RPI around 66 which says they are super close if not on the bubble (before it shrinks via autobids).

I agree a 16-12 record doesn't scream bubble, but I do feel an 18-12 regular season finish would have them close, especially with an SOS around 50. It's no easy task, one of those wins would have to be a super strong win against UCONN on the road.

Most PC fans don't think PC is that close, but that 20 wins would likely be the magic number to have them very borderline. If PC finishes the season 20-13 and 9-3 in their last 12 in the BE, they at least make an interesting case, assuming they win at UCONN and beat a Top 15 team in the BET.

If you had to poll, I think most feel PC finishes the season 18-14 and gets a pretty solid NIT bid.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Lets all just hope PC loses out and we don't have to worry about any of this! :lol:
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Stc,

If you bothered to read what we posted; no one says PC is on the bubble currently. Win out and one BET; we are. If that happens; our RPI would almost be cut in half.

The bad losses have been addressed; injuries do count. Show me a bubble team that doesn't have bad losses? PC also has victories over ND, and Cincy. Win out and you add uconn on the road.

Plenty of wood to chop, but 3 different bracketology sites have mentioned us today.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

or Joe Lunardi is an idiot for having PC as his 9th team out lol
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

PC isn't that far from the bubble, due to the lack of Dance-worthy teams just ahead of them.

Winning at UConn would help, but if they are going to get closer, they have to win at least a couple games at MSG.

It might take beating a Syracuse, Georgetown, or Louisville. They are clearly in the bottom of that 2nd tier of BE teams right now, as it stands, that's not good enough.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

IMO PC is better than Cincy and SJU. Cincy is highly overrated. They have some good wins, but they have 2 guys that can play and a bunch of football players. They will be one and done if they go dancing, which I guess they will. Losing Harrison for SJU would IMO also make me less enthused about inviting them. If I had a vote I would take PC over both of them regardless of the numbers. This assumes they dont tank it down the stretch. The middle of the BE is not impressive this year at all.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Cincy has stumbled lately; but they have wins over Iowa st, Oregon, Xavier, Pitt, Marquette and UConn
Not too shabby
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

on paper they look better than i think they are for what that's worth....every time i watch them i am less than impressed, wright and kilpatrick can stroke it, but their big guys leave a lot to be desired. in a rock fight type game they can be tough. against a skilled offensive team i think they lose more often than not.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

PC made there move a little too late, I think they may make the NIT
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

It should be fun to watch the Friars in the BE tournament and subsequent post-season (looking more and more like a high NIT seed with home games, outside chance at NCAA if they make a great run in MSG).

Bryant still has a shot of making a big run in the NEC tournament. Unfortunately, I don't know what kind of post-season they may be eligible for if they fail to make the dance via auto-bid.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

3 more wins in a row and they are in the hunt, for sure.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Don't stop believing, right Joey Brackets??

An update on the Bracketology basics after Tuesday's action, including Indiana falling out of the Midwest (Indianapolis) after its home loss to Ohio State:

TOP SEEDS
Gonzaga/WEST (now No. 1 overall)
Kansas/MIDWEST
Indiana/EAST (drops to No. 3 overall)
Georgetown/SOUTH

2-SEEDS
Duke/EAST
Louisville/MIDWEST
Miami/SOUTH
Michigan/WEST

LAST FOUR BYES
Colorado
Virginia
La Salle
Boise State (will move up with a win at UNLV)

LAST FOUR IN
Iowa State
Temple
Villanova
Tennessee

FIRST FOUR OUT
Kentucky (moves up one spot)
Ole Miss (moves up two spots)
Maryland (replaces Southern Miss)
Alabama (drops three spots)

NEXT FOUR OUT
Southern Miss (falls from "First Four" to "Next Four" out)
Baylor
Arizona State
Providence (replaces Arkansas)

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketba ... ip-on-indy
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

The friars still have work to do....UConn is a must win for them IMO......then at least two in the big east tourny
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

UConn and 1 win, we will need some help. 2 wins. It's not if, it's where.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Damn, Friars coming on strong. Beat UConn and lets make this really interesting. I still have doubts over the selection committee's ability to understand the roster issues that resulted in such poor results early in the season.

Looking more and more like a top 2 or 3 NIT seed... Friars DON'T want to be a #1 seed in the NIT, since that means they were REALLY close to dancing but failed to make it.
0 x