UNC Avoids Major Sanctions in Academic Fraud Case

For any college sports discussion not based in Kingston
Shaolin Swat
Jimmy Baron

UNC Avoids Major Sanctions in Academic Fraud Case

Unread postby Shaolin Swat » 1 month ago

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/stor ... fraud-case

From what I can gather, the NCAA is not going to punish academic fraud - provided that the fraud is not restricted to athletes and is available to the student body.
0 x

RhowdyRam02
Sly Williams

Re: UNC Avoids Major Sanctions in Academic Fraud Case

Unread postby RhowdyRam02 » 1 month ago

Wow, that's amazing. So there is no reason for every school not to do this now. The whole concept of student athlete is dead, the big schools are just football/basketball vocational schools. There is no reason not to pay the students now, seeing as their education is a sham and the NCAA won't do anything about it. Their scholarships are worthless.
1 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

ATPTourFan
Ernie Calverley

Re: UNC Avoids Major Sanctions in Academic Fraud Case

Unread postby ATPTourFan » 1 month ago

Yeah now what? So fraud classes mostly utilized my athletes are OK just because non athletes can also defraud the system?

Question should be, was athletes’ eligibility improperly managed and reported by member institutions? Who cares if other students took part? NCAA member schools had an advantage as a result of improper academic policies and oversight.

How stupid. But NCAA has zero power anymore.
3 x

Return to “All Other College Sports”