LOUISVILLE ACCUSED OF PROVIDING "EXTRA BENEFITS"

For any college sports discussion not based in Kingston
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

LOUISVILLE ACCUSED OF PROVIDING "EXTRA BENEFITS"

Unread post by bressler3south »

Pitino and Sex just don't mix very well…..

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... x-recruits
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: LOUISVILLE ACCUSED OF PROVIDING "EXTRA BENEFITS"

Unread post by TruePoint »

I know this will be the new World's Biggest Scandal, and give everyone the much needed opportunity to flex their outrage muscles, but I don't really care about this. I just assume this happens all the time with certain types of programs, and Louisville just got screwed because this lady decided to sell her story. Yawn from me. I can't get outraged over this.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I think a reaction somewhere between "pearl clutching" and "paying for sex for teenagers? oh well, what are you gonna do?" might be ok.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I mean...it's not right. But on the other hand, can anyone really claim to be shocked? It's much more that I don't have high expectations of the ethics involved in big-time recruiting than it is that I endorse this as a recruiting strategy. If it were URI, I'd be upset and embarrassed, but I also think this is probably the tip of the iceberg.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

ace wrote:I think a reaction somewhere between "pearl clutching" and "paying for sex for teenagers? oh well, what are you gonna do?" might be ok.
Yet, when it comes to "he said, she said" rape allegations involving teenagers who happen to be ballplayers people question those behaviors when adults DO contribute to the problem? In each case, women have become nothing but objects for pleasure and amusement.
Strange reactions, my friends……..
0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

Former recruits starting to "tell the truth" about their Louisville visits...it'll be interesting to see what the NCAA and Louisville administration decide to do here! IMO Pitino has to be let go...right???
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Jalen Rose spoke about it on his podcast - He didn't visit Louisville, but on his four visits back in the day, he went to parties and got alcohol at all of them. Syracuse, Michigan, Michigan State and Eastern Michigan. He also said he expected to hook up with someone during each visit, but it seems like Louisville paying for the talent (if true) is a step above and beyond some programs.

It's kind of a weird ethical grey area to me. I think it's naive to believe that recruits at any school are only visiting the gym, the library and the coach's house for dinner, and that's why they're going to commit. It makes sense that they are going to go with a guy on the team to a party, to hang out and check out the night life. I also think that for team chemistry issues, you don't want 15 guys who are party animals, or, 15 guys who are crazy intense about studying the playback and do nothing else.

Link to the podcast episode on YouTube:
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

TruePoint wrote:I mean...it's not right. But on the other hand, can anyone really claim to be shocked? It's much more that I don't have high expectations of the ethics involved in big-time recruiting than it is that I endorse this as a recruiting strategy. If it were URI, I'd be upset and embarrassed, but I also think this is probably the tip of the iceberg.
The day this story first came out I was listening to Felger and Mazz and they were saying that PC and URI must have all their recruits go to Foxy Lady and started giggling.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Why would you be listening to them on purpose?
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:I mean...it's not right. But on the other hand, can anyone really claim to be shocked? It's much more that I don't have high expectations of the ethics involved in big-time recruiting than it is that I endorse this as a recruiting strategy. If it were URI, I'd be upset and embarrassed, but I also think this is probably the tip of the iceberg.
The day this story first came out I was listening to Felger and Mazz and they were saying that PC and URI must have all their recruits go to Foxy Lady and started giggling.
Yeah, they must've remembered the good ol' days at EEI as "special guests" of Frank from Gloucester at that dump.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

An interesting interview, Pitino obviously feeling very uncomfortable, and pretty good questions.
"Slick Rick" ain't so slick...

http://www.whas.com/media/podcast-terry ... -26415191/
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ATPTourFan wrote:Why would you be listening to them on purpose?
I make a lot of questionable decisions? I normally check Sports Hub and EEI to see if they're discussing anything interesting, and in that case stopped when I heard college sports talk.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines