Big Loss For PC - Simon takes Bama AC job

For any college sports discussion not based in Kingston
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Big Loss For PC - Simon takes Bama AC job

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Bob Simon, who has been with Ed Cooley for nine years,
left for an assistant's job at Alabama.
Simon was the chief recruiter on the PC staff, and will be tough to replace.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Re: Big Loss For PC

Unread post by Ramulous »

I can't understand why Simon would make a lateral move, at best....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Ramulous wrote:I can't understand why Simon would make a lateral move, at best....
Money ....
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Here is the projo story on it:

http://www.providencejournal.com/articl ... /150419240

Cooley handling with class and grace, unsurprisingly. It sounds like there are a few replacement candidates at the top of the list (including Al :-/ ), but I wish they'd finally make a coaching position for current Director of Player Development Kevin Kurbec - my high school predecessor and ride to school my freshman year.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

What about the gigantic Fox Sports Contract?
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

I was being facetious ...... it is not a lateral move.....Alabama is a BCS powerful brand.....they are trying to get their hoops to a higher level.....some friar fans have called it a lateral move....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Or, a step down.
Sure hope they don't come after any of our assistants...
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

The St John recent hires for assistants is a head scratcher.....I can understand Abdelmassih....he is an alum....how much more can they pay Slice than Kentucky?
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Ramulous wrote:The St John recent hires for assistants is a head scratcher.....I can understand Abdelmassih....he is an alum....how much more can they pay Slice than Kentucky?
I think people underestimate the Vitamin Water influence there.
ramster wrote:What about the gigantic Fox Sports Contract?
You are smarter than that Ramster. PC has Ed Cooley on a reasonably competitive contract. They have plans in place to develop a state-of-the-art practice facility for the basketball team. Blueprints are created, just need to finish with the financing piece. If BC could afford to pay Murphy ~$225-$250K per season, what do you think Alabama could offer? $400K? $500K? Schools like PC may be able to stay somewhat competitive with head coaching salaries, but it is a challenge to stay competitive on every, single level ... The facilities, staffs, etc.
rodfromcranston wrote: Simon was the chief recruiter on the PC staff, and will be tough to replace.
Agree. Hope they can replace him with someone who can bring even 85%. The hot name is Battle formerly of Wake Forest. Had a major influence on some strong recruiting classes on Wake Forest. My question is always, what happened? If he had a major pipeline, why no other options?
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

I've read that Simon will be getting $475K per year.....
0 x