Kris Dunn

For any college sports discussion not based in Kingston
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Kris Dunn

Unread post by Ramulous »

Got to hand it to him......he is having a tremendous season........ the best pro prospect in the State of RI in my opinion.....

......the only down side for the friars is he may think he is one and done (playing seasons that is)
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Re: Kris Dunn

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

I think if he stays one more year he could lock up being a lottery pick. At this point he's still trying to play himself onto draft boards as a possible first rounder.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Probably true, although alot can still change over the rest of the year (in a positive way). If he keeps playing like this and can maybe lead his team to a little run into the second weekend of the tourney then he could blow up and be smart to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak.

With his previous injury problems, it'd be easy to understand if he takes the chance as soon as he gets it.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

hes a poor man's john wall
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

From Bill Reynolds in the Saturday February 14 Projo:
"Speaking of the Friars, the good news is that sophomore Kris Dunn is having a great year. The Bad News? Dunn could be playing his way into being a first-round draft pick."

February 12th NBADRAFT.net Update now has Dunn moved up to going 25th in first round to Toronto in the 2016 Mock Draft

http://www.nbadraft.net/2016mock_draft

6'3" 205 pounds. Birthday March 18, 1994. Will be 21 years old in March.
Season Stats through February 15, 2015:
48.6% FG
33.9% 3FG
66.2% FT
5.8 rebounds per game
7.6 assists per game
4.2 turnovers per game
15.4 points per game
0 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

If he is still injury prone it might be smart to jump in now while his stock is high before he gets hurt again. Tough decision for sure though.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Hope he stays a Friar. Next year's game at the Ryan Center will be like no other in the history of the building. Both teams might be ranked by then. In fact, I'd bet on it.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I think if he didn't have the shoulder issue he would definitely stay. That along with a father who seems to meddle a bit may tip the scales.

Agree with ATP, with him next year's game could be the most hyped between the two in a very long time.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Between age and injury history I don't see how Dunn doesn't make the jump.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Could depend on how he does from this point on.

If he turns in a Napier-like performance in the NCAA's, and PC advances a couple of rounds, he's gone.

Maybe Cooley will follow him too, but I don't see him leaving PC for a while.

He's making close to 2 mil a year, he would have to get a monster offer to leave.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

I would like to see Dunn stay one more year......I think it would boost his stock even higher......if he can stay healthy......and if the friars can find a replacement for Henton to supplement the scoring......Dunn may have to do it all next year scoring-wise which could impact his overall game....

....that being said.....a good run in the next month and his risk of injury will dictate that he go now.....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I think he could work on his handle and his outside shot more, but I'm not sure another year in college would benefit him more than the right situation in the pros. If he's assured of being a first-rounder, he'll go, I think.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Again, if he makes a splash in the NCAA tourney, and becomes a top half 1st round pick, then he goes.

We won't miss him next season at the RC.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

IMO opinion Dunn is already a first round lock if he declares. If he elevates to a top 20 pick I think he's gone for sure.

When you look at age, injury history and draft stock I just don't see how he comes back next year.

If PC were to lose both Dunn and Henton that would be a big blow going into next year. Although I thought PC would take a step back this year losing Cotton, but that hasn't been the case. Cooley is a heck of a coach.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Cooley is a heck of a coach, when he has a great PG.

Great PG's make great coaches.

I'm not saying he's lucky to have Dunn healthy and playing well, he's done a good job sure, but without KD that team's a bottom feeder this season.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

don't forget he lost his PG last year, moved his leading scorer in there, and won his league. The guy can coach, big-time.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Without Dunn, Desrosiers and Henton I don't care if Ed Cooley is John Wooden, they will be in a major rebuild next year. Could also lose Harris.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

bigappleram wrote:Without Dunn, Desrosiers and Henton I don't care if Ed Cooley is John Wooden, they will be in a major rebuild next year. Could also lose Harris.
Tough loss for the Fwiahs yesterday…..Dunn is awesome.

For those who pontificated about Harris' pro potential, blah, blah, what about changing his name to Tyler H.G. Wells Harris???? Seems as though Harris already disappeared, Mr. Invisible.

Though, as a senior, to make the sacrifices he did for the team….Wonder what he's thinking about his Lost Senior Season????
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

I just marvel at Dunn.
Every game he does things that make you wonder,
"How'd he do that?"
Given his injury history, he should take the money and run.
Don't forget, this is his third year at PC.
Best pro prospect around here, since Lamar.
Harris? He'll get eaten alive by physical forwards in the NBA.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

bressler3south wrote:
bigappleram wrote:Without Dunn, Desrosiers and Henton I don't care if Ed Cooley is John Wooden, they will be in a major rebuild next year. Could also lose Harris.

For those who pontificated about Harris' pro potential, blah, blah, what about changing his name to Tyler H.G. Wells Harris???? Seems as though Harris already disappeared, Mr. Invisible.

Though, as a senior, to make the sacrifices he did for the team….Wonder what he's thinking about his Lost Senior Season????
Harris is the only one talking about his pro potential
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

As good as Dunn is, I think he would benefit from another year in college.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

PC with Dunn at the Ryan Center will get national attention
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

He needs to stay.....but he is real solid player. Hope he stays, our club against Dunn next year will be special. Agree both teams should be ranked, game will get mega attention nationally.

Friars got screwed yesterday btw.....
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

seanmc94 wrote:
bressler3south wrote:

Harris is the only one talking about his pro potential
'Twas not the case -- check-out your Summer Reading List -- the The Fwiahs in Italy topic…..
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Tyler Harris to the NBA? He doesn't even consistently start on his college team.
Dunn is gone this year - he is too old not to go. NBA drafts youngsters now.
He will go first round this year.
Harris will go somewhere but it won't be the NBA
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Maybe Tyler can carry Tobias' bags...

And yes, Dunn is gone.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Harris is transferring
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Not a chance
Heading to Europe for a paycheck
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Heard that from someone close to Cooley. Father called a lot complaining about playing time. Either way, good riddance
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

No Dunn or Harris. With Henton graduating, PC will take a step back, although their front line will be a headache for us.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Announcement on Dunn tomorrow
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

So, what's the deal with Dunn? Nothing yet on Twitter....
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

rambone 78 wrote:So, what's the deal with Dunn? Nothing yet on Twitter....
Maybe he is a person in crisis a la the former HC of the NYJ? Maybe he is going back and forth and April 14, 2015 will be a day that lives in infamy in PC World?
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

There was a rumor he would announce his plans today.....maybe he didn't want to detract from the school's hockey celebration event today....
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Mac in today's projo says Dunn has not provided his decision to Cooley yet.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I hope he comes back as I want Rhode Island to beat PC with him (and they would on 12-05-2015). I don't want to hear excuses from the couch burners after their loss about what would have been had Dunn been on the roster.
0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

That delay, may be the reason Paschall decided to cancel his visit.
0 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Not sure why that would be the case, 67. They don't play the same position, and Pashcall has to sit out next year anyways. How would Dunn impact that?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RF1 wrote:I hope he comes back as I want Rhode Island to beat PC with him (and they would on 12-05-2015). I don't want to hear excuses from the couch burners after their loss about what would have been had Dunn been on the roster.
Where is RI Red on the Couch Burners?

He's got the UCONN Leg Humpers, now would Red have it be the Pee-Cee Couch Burners??
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

I think Kris Dunn should return to college...however these kids make foolish decisions all the time.....if he feels he is in the top 15 it is a no-brainer....he goes.....if in the 15-25 range then it is a toss-up....the later he projects the higher the likelihood he should stay in school...
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

I think he should go, risk/reward says he should. But given he hasn't announced yet it makes me believe he will stay. Will make the RC game even more appealing.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Ramulous wrote:I think Kris Dunn should return to college...however these kids make foolish decisions all the time.....if he feels he is in the top 15 it is a no-brainer....he goes.....if in the 15-25 range then it is a toss-up....the later he projects the higher the likelihood he should stay in school...
Pretty much every projection has him as a guaranteed first round selection, which means guaranteed money. To me, that's the clear dividing line - A couple million is enough to change your life, and even if you care about your education, well, it's easy enough to put $100,000 into an account for your post-playing days. Some guys improve with another year in college, but plenty don't, so there isn't a guarantee that another year helps his draft position.
0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

sf2010 wrote:Not sure why that would be the case, 67. They don't play the same position, and Pashcall has to sit out next year anyways. How would Dunn impact that?
My info could be wrong, but I heard he was interested in going to the point position. I mentioned in a thread in January, that I didn't think he would stay at Fordham and that apparently is what turned out, but you're right about sitting out a year. I just think he's a very talented player that I wouldn't want to see in a Friars uniform in any position.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

On the latest ESPN big board, Dunn is slotted at 19, up from 22 on the previous edition. He's projected to go in the 14 to 22 range. Link, Insider account required: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/mo ... -Big-Board
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

I'm hearing he is returning to the friars......
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Not the smartest move if true.

If he's going top 15-20 in this draft, how much higher would he go in next year's draft?

There are no guarantees. PC might not even make the NCAA tourney next season.

Or if he gets hurt again, he could fall out of the first round entirely. Bye-bye payday.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Nobody but Dunn and his family has any idea.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Some believe that despite Dunn's age, he's still relatively raw given his injuries, and a year of development and results could push him towards the top 5 in a weak draft next year.

It's still a risk that not even an insurance policy could help make up. But if you can't bet on yourself, who can you bet on?
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

I see they're doing handstands, because Richard says Dunn is announcing
his return at some team dinner.
Can't say that I blame them.
0 x