Leg-humpers starving?

For any college sports discussion not based in Kingston
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Leg-humpers starving?

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Shabazz Napier claims he goes to bed "starving" because he can't afford food.

http://ctmirror.org/uconns-napier-on-al ... nionizing/

Little Red, a junior at UConn, says the basketball players -- all of whom live in on-campus apartments -- get $2,500 a semester for food, which is the cost of an all-access meal plan, in addition too all the other goodies they get. Athletes get so much clothing from Nike that they don't need to buy their own.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Leg-humpers starving?

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Red, does Little Red enjoy UConn? how is it compared to expectations? My son has this decision coming up, with UConn near the top of the list.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Well if they take the cash rather than meal plan, there's not much left after those tatoos (compare napier when he first got to UConn and right now), bling cell phones, and the flashiest headphones, etc.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

UCH21377 wrote:Red, does Little Red enjoy UConn? how is it compared to expectations? My son has this decision coming up, with UConn near the top of the list.
Little Red loves UConn -- in fact, she's reduced my contempt for the place. She could have gone to URI, Michigan State (Mrs. Red's alma mater), Minnesota or Purdue but she's glad she picked UConn.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote:
UCH21377 wrote:Red, does Little Red enjoy UConn? how is it compared to expectations? My son has this decision coming up, with UConn near the top of the list.
Little Red loves UConn -- in fact, she's reduced my contempt for the place. She could have gone to URI, Michigan State (Mrs. Red's alma mater), Minnesota or Purdue but she's glad she picked UConn.
Thanks Red! Good to get a little inside information!
0 x