Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech

For any college sports discussion not based in Kingston
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Re: Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech

Unread post by seanmc94 »

BC football was ranked #2 in the country? I deff missed that one. The BC football I know hasn't been relevant on the national scale in a long time. My friends who have season tix can't give them away for free. The hoop team is in shambles since GD chased skinner away. It's impossible to screw up hockey there. The other sports don't generate a dime; so frankly, they don't matter.

Try again. BC should have waited for the Big 10 invite. More like minded schools
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

BC was #2 in Matt Ryan's senior season. But GD ran off Coach Jags for interviewing for the Jets job (which he was never going to get) and BC football has been a joke ever since. BC football, and all of their sports except hockey, sucks. But I still don't think you'd find anyone who would say their move to the ACC wasn't a good one.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

seanmc94 wrote:BC football was ranked #2 in the country? I deff missed that one. The BC football I know hasn't been relevant on the national scale in a long time. My friends who have season tix can't give them away for free. The hoop team is in shambles since GD chased skinner away. It's impossible to screw up hockey there. The other sports don't generate a dime; so frankly, they don't matter.
Try again. BC should have waited for the Big 10 invite. More like minded schools
Ok, I'll try again as you say. How has that worked out for Miami, BC, Virginia Tech?

In 2007, Boston College ranked #2 in the nation and was coming off its most emotional victory arguably in program history with the Matt Ryan-led comeback at Lane Stadium in Virginia Tech.ff BC was ranked #2 in the Nation among BCS Schools
http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston-co ... the-stands
Matt Ryan was one heck of a quarterback at Boston College - he was amazingly good and has turned into a solid pro QB as well.

Do you think that UCONN wouldn't switch places with Miami, Virginia Tech or Boston College in a heartbeat if given the opportunity? UCONN dreams of this. UMASS dreams of this. They dream of what Boston College has.

Boston College will rebound in both Basketball and Football. Fact is though of all the schools in New England Boston College is in the best possible league of them all - the ACC.

Boston College made an absolutely brilliant decision to join the Atlantic Coast Conference. So did Miami and Virginia Tech. Now with Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Syracuse and others joining their original decision to join the ACC looks that much stronger.

BC is the premier football program in New England. I know many people who go to tailgating at BC games and love it. Too bad your friends want to give their tickets away.

BC will return in basketball too. They have had some tough years but they are still in the ACC. With BABC and Expressions and all the other prep teams in New England a good Coach will recruit these kids and turn the BC program around - I have no doubt that will happen.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Ramster, agree with all you said, but hopefully when BC gets good again in BB, they will actually start to draw fans to their games.

Boston is a huge pro sports town. They [BC] get butts in the seats for football, but BB is another story.

The ONLY way they will fill Conte Forum regularly, is to win, and win big.

Kind of like us, in a way.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-first-compr ... 31684.html

ACC has 7 schools in the top 50 for academics. It is foolish to think any of those schools regret their move.

It also has every school in the top 100 except NCSU. Pretty good.

No team in the ACC would trade places with UCONN. The huskies will feel the effects of their situation.

As far as the athletics go...... FSU is the nat' champ and the 3 early departures have had problems in-house, has nothing to do with the conference.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

seanmc94 wrote:BC football was ranked #2 in the country? I deff missed that one. The BC football I know hasn't been relevant on the national scale in a long time. My friends who have season tix can't give them away for free. The hoop team is in shambles since GD chased skinner away. It's impossible to screw up hockey there. The other sports don't generate a dime; so frankly, they don't matter.

What's it like to be so consistently wrong and ignorant and yet so sure of yourself? Maybe it's you who should try again. You missed the biggest football program in New England being ranked #2 for a few weeks all the way back in the old days of 2007? The BC football you know hasn't been relevant on a national scale in a long time? They played in BCS Conference championship games back in 2007 and 2008. Not really that long ago. Maybe if you're that clueless about college football you shouldn't discuss it. Maybe sit a play or two out champ...

But then you double down on being stupid by claiming BC should have waited for a Big 10 invite because those are like minded schools? BC is a private school with 9,088 undergrads and a 44,500 seat stadium, located on the Eastern seaboard. When BC moved to the ACC, 3 of the 11 schools were private, the schools have an average undergraduate population of 17,840 with an average football stadium size of 59,643, and those schools were all on the Eastern seaboard. The Big 10 had 1 private school out of 11, with an average undergraduate population of 41,220, a stadium size of 75,642, and they're located in the Midwest. By the way, before Nebraska joined the Big 10, all of those schools were members of the Association of American Universities, BC isn't a member. So academically BC wasn't a fit for the Big 10, in addition to it not being a cultural fit. How's the view of the world from the inside of your rectum?

You probably think people are picking on you because you're a Friar fan. Not true. People are picking on you because you're stupid and intellectually you'd be better off sticking to coloring instead of trying to speak to grownups.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:

What's it like to be so consistently wrong and ignorant and yet so sure of yourself? Maybe it's you who should try again. You missed the biggest football program in New England being ranked #2 for a few weeks all the way back in the old days of 2007? The BC football you know hasn't been relevant on a national scale in a long time? They played in BCS Conference championship games back in 2007 and 2008. Not really that long ago. Maybe if you're that clueless about college football you shouldn't discuss it. Maybe sit a play or two out champ...

But then you double down on being stupid by claiming BC should have waited for a Big 10 invite because those are like minded schools? BC is a private school with 9,088 undergrads and a 44,500 seat stadium, located on the Eastern seaboard. When BC moved to the ACC, 3 of the 11 schools were private, the schools have an average undergraduate population of 17,840 with an average football stadium size of 59,643, and those schools were all on the Eastern seaboard. The Big 10 had 1 private school out of 11, with an average undergraduate population of 41,220, a stadium size of 75,642, and they're located in the Midwest. By the way, before Nebraska joined the Big 10, all of those schools were members of the Association of American Universities, BC isn't a member. So academically BC wasn't a fit for the Big 10, in addition to it not being a cultural fit. How's the view of the world from the inside of your rectum?

You probably think people are picking on you because you're a Friar fan. Not true. People are picking on you because you're stupid and intellectually you'd be better off sticking to coloring instead of trying to speak to grownups.
I wish I could say it as well as you RhodyRam02. Boston College is in the best Conference of any New England School. You are right that they match up much better with the ACC than they would the Big 10. Plus they joined Virginia Tech amd Miami to join the ACC - good schools to join with. Academics are strong in the ACC - Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech two very highly ranked Engineering/Technical Schools world wide. Duke, Virginia, North Carolina, Clemson, Miami are all very good schools and tough to get into.
Rambone,
I know the Basketball Team does not fill the seats, maybe they never will in Conte, but Boston College is still in a great spot even if only 3000 show up to the games. Best Football Team/Program/Conference in New England. Sure Boston is a pro sports town, no doubt, but Boston College is still in the best position of any New England school.

UCONN and UMASS would give anything to change places with Boston College. No need to feel sorry for them.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofffffffffffff……………………...
0 x