Kris Dunn

For any college sports discussion not based in Kingston
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Kris Dunn

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I'm hearing the injury is serious and likely will require surgery, but going to see if he can play with injury so he doesn't miss another season. Too bad because he's a good kid.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Kris Dunn

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

That would stink. I was hoping to have some NCAA buzz around the state in a few months. Maybe they can still do it?
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

KD played 20-ish; 8 dimes. Much more fluid on O with him in.
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

shoulder will be tested when he goes for a lay up and gets a hard foul or takes a hard fall in a game
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Agree Twisted. Was more impressed with how active he was. Hands up and moving on defense, deflecting passes ... Going to the hole on offense, not backing from contact. The mental thing is as bad as the physical thing with these injuries.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

His father questions how PC treated his son.
http://www.theday.com/article/20131211/ ... 19933/1047
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Sounds like frustration on the father's part. Tough break for a kid with such promise.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

I think he transfer a little closer to home. :)
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

It was well-known that his father wanted him to sit out the season right after the injury was dianosed and get the surgery. Kris wanted to fight through it and try to play this year and ultimately suffered the consequence. Either way, I think it's hard to get angry about. There was no additional damage done by playing, so who cares if he got the surgery right away or tried to rehab through it?

That said, I'm not sure I agree with his father's greater point. He suffered the injury in June 2012. He rehabbed it until December 2012. He played out the Big East portion of the schedule without a problem. He then had a full offseason of practice and rehab. It had been 16 months since the initial surgery when he reinjured it. So what is the father mad about? The father himself says "The kid came back from a major injury and was healthy." Sounds like frustration...

I mean when Gronk has ACL surgery, and plays in 12 games next season and looks good and gets better throughout the season, and then goes through training camp/mini camp, isn't the expectation that his knee is pretty healthy? If his knee breaks down in 2 seasons because of another hit, are people gonna turn and blame Belichick and the medical staff even though he played significantly the season before?

I guess I don't agree.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Pretty horrible no matter if he's a Friar or not.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Poor kid can't seem to get a break. Two successive years with major injury issues.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I feel bad for Kris Dunn......he is a very good basketball player who appears to be snake-bitten...I hope he makes a recovery good enough to reach his potential....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

I hope he gets well soon, even if that puts Rhody in a difficult position next year at the Dunk.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

It definitely sucks for him (and the Friars), but in the long run it is better to shut it down and completely heal. He will get this year back at the end (if he wants/needs it).
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011