Fantasy College Basketball

For any college sports discussion not based in Kingston
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Fantasy College Basketball

Unread post by adam914 »

So I wasn't really sure where to post this, and I'm not sure anybody really cares...but I just participated in my first ever college fantasy basketball draft. Its on a site called Fantrax.com and we are just trying it out for fun this year but it seems like it could be pretty cool.

There are so many obscure guys out there at smaller schools that put up huge numbers, so it adds a real different element to it all.

Some things that I found of note: Billy Baron was ranked as the 26th best player based on our league's categories (which are pretty standard fantasy categories) and I couldn't resist picking him with my 3rd round pick.

I also took Munford and Biruta with my last 2 picks just to be a bit of a homer since its just for fun anyway. Munford wasnt rated well at all mostly because he doesnt do much but score. Biruta I feel like could actually be a solid pick since he had no stats last year he wasnt ranked well either.

Anyway, it seems like it could be fun if anybody is interested in checking it out.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
gorhody
Abdul Fox

Re: Fantasy College Basketball

Unread post by gorhody »

I played on that website with some friends a few years ago. It was definitely fun, but people sort of lost interest half way through.

When I played, we restricted the player pool to BCS conferences, A-10, MWC, and maybe C-USA, I don't remember.

Anyway, if some people are interested on here, we should definitely set a league up.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: Fantasy College Basketball

Unread post by adam914 »

So obviously nobody seemed to care about this much when I posted before the season, but I thought maybe some might be curious to hear that at this point of the season the #1 ranked fantasy college player is in fact Billy Baron. Turning into a steal of a 3rd round pick for me.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018