Friar fan toilet humor - URI game tee-shirt

For any college sports discussion not based in Kingston
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Friar fan toilet humor - URI game tee-shirt

Unread post by RF1 »

PC Friar fans are certainly giving a lot of thought very far in advance for a game that "supposedly" doesn't mean anything to them. Seems they are already thinking about a tee-shirt design for the game. Our very own PC Fan SeanMC94 has even chimed in on a thread on their forum.

PC will now have a special tee-shirt and restrictive ticket plan for the "little meaning" game with URI. Oddly, I couldn't find any threads about a tee-shirt design for their "real" rival UConn.

URI T-Shirt Idea Thread on the PC FRiar Scout Forum
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=425&f=1323&t=10058795
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Friar fan toilet humor - URI game tee-shirt

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

It's excellent that this hypocrisy is continually recorded in threads like this, RF1.

It would be more fun if there was something original every year, similar to the Duke/UNC rivalries where there's a theme each time they play.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

Get over yourself. I've always maintained this game is important. Don't paint a few yahoos as the majority. As far as the shirt goes; I think it's pretty funny. At least PC doesn't sell it in the bookstore like URI. Oh wait, if they did, your prez would probably go on TV and cry about it.

Try to keep it under 15 this year
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

toilet humor.......wonderful.
Pee Cee, Urine, URInation, and what have you............I just don't get the humor of this stuff.
Don't know why people would want to contribute to a thread like that.
As always I will be at the PC - URI game no matter where it is played. Now I have to look forward to seeing people wearing shirts of somebody peeing on my URI Ram? sad
There are many, many rivalries in this Country: Duke - UNC, UCLA - USC, Ohio State - Michigan, Texas - Texas A&M, Kentucky - Louisville, Clemson - South Carolina, Florida - FLorida State..............and mnay more but none some up with ideas such as a Peeing T-shirt.
Thin skinned has nothing to do with it as is mentioned on the PC Board that URI message Board posters would get "pissed" ------can't believe I wrote that. But this is really ridiculous.
This discussion makes me look less forward to attending this year's game....it really does even though I'll still attend...I already have my tickets.
0 x
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

Sean what shirt does the uri bookstore sell that is negative about PC? I ask because I have looked for one before to buy but couldn't find one.
0 x
Clapton is God
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

As recently as 3 years ago; a Just say no; friends don't let friends go to PC; was sold

I have recieved several as gifts over the years
0 x
gorhody89
ARD

I remember those shirts but I think they were from about 8 years ago and thought they were sold by students....I have no problem with either school selling shirts like these, I actually embrace it....Most schools sell shirts about their rivals
0 x
Clapton is God
JFrech21
Jeff Kent

Unread post by JFrech21 »

I had that shirt. It was not sold at the URI Book Store, it was sold at the store up in the emporium that has no affiliation to URI.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

agree,
The shirt was not sold by URI.
There may be some pockets of people doing this, but typically I see hte Yankee - Red Sox humor at the games but not much at the college level.
0 x
gorhody89
ARD

It's absolutly at the college level go to online bookstores for big sports schools specifically one with a big football program
0 x
Clapton is God
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I've got no problem with T-shirts for these rivalry games. I do have a problem with vulgarities on the shirts. Not that I am above vulgarity (no one is more vulgar than I).

It's just there is a time and place for it. There are children and families at these games, not to mention the clergy as pc is a religious institution.
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

While the actual brand of humor isn't my first choice (the whole "Pee-C" and "URIne" literal toilet humor is a little sophomoric for my taste), the spirit of this - mocking each other in a playful yet merciless way - is EXACTLY what should be happening in this (and any) rivalry. More funny t-shirts; more brutal chants; more mascot-stealing-type of pranks. The more of that stuff the better. Time to turn everything around Rhode Island basketball up to 11.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

sounds like people are pissed
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

I went to the Georgia-Florida game this weekend. Very heated, passionate rivalry with a lot on the line. 99% of the fans on both sides were very civil. I even had several Florida fans congratulate my group after the game. Very different than Sox-Yanks, Pats-Jets; etc. Wonder if it's the great weather, gorgeous women...
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Probably the weather and women... :)
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

seanmc94 wrote:I went to the Georgia-Florida game this weekend. Very heated, passionate rivalry with a lot on the line. 99% of the fans on both sides were very civil. I even had several Florida fans congratulate my group after the game. Very different than Sox-Yanks, Pats-Jets; etc. Wonder if it's the great weather, gorgeous women...
Or maybe it was just the people you happened to be around? When was the last time they had to pull a PC or URI fan out of a pond?

0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

He did help him out of the pond...like I said; 99%.
0 x
Optimistic
Kenny Green

Unread post by Optimistic »

I don't think anyone here is offended by PC making fun of URI, but at least put some effort into it. Every idea in that PC thread is absolutely groan-worthy.
0 x
This one's optimistic
This one went to market
This one just came out of the swamp
This one dropped a payload
Fodder for the animals
Living on animal farm