NDSU Fargo Dome

For any college sports discussion not based in Kingston
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

NDSU Fargo Dome

Unread post by OBRAM »

http://www.gobison.com/sports/2013/4/19 ... ybankfield

Look at the strength and conditioning center.

Built by the City of Fargo, a City in a State that takes Pride in its State University.

The Fargodome is an indoor athletic stadium in Fargo, North Dakota, on the campus of North Dakota State University. Opened in late 1992, the facility is owned by the City of Fargo, built on university land. Its seating capacity is 19,000 for football and over 25,000 for full arena concerts.
It is the home field of the NDSU Bison football team, which competes in NCAA Division I, in the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) and holds the home field of the Division I softball team. The Fargodome contains two scoreboards on each endzone, four large video screens (one in each corner), two large electronic message centers below the scoreboards, as well as four stats boards (two centered on each sideline) all of which were installed by Daktronics in 2002. Prior to the 1993 season, the Bison played at Dacotah Field.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: NDSU Fargo Dome

Unread post by Rhody74 »

To be fair, North Dakota has a far healthier economy due to its new-found energy industry than most states, especially Rhode Island.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

They built this in 1992, when there was no oil, only Wheat. The State of Rhode Island has spend more on sports facilities (not for URI) than NDakota.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

ND has the lowest unemployment in the US.
My oldest friend lives there, and his wife is an RN, and
would like to change jobs, but there isn't anyone hiring!
RNs in RI can change jobs like they change their underwear,
and almost name their price.
OBRAM points out something I used to slam Petro with all the time.
So many lesser light schools in the Midwest and Mountain States with
gems of arenas and stadia.
The difference is, those places have PRIDE in their State schools.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

I guess you could qualify as pride in your state, but what do sports fans in North Dakota really have to look forward to besides the state school? Even if you want to qualify it with the fact that URI never has full support from the government, there are plenty of other options for sports fans in this area. Patriots are right up the road, Celtics and Bruins, other collegiate sports teams.

As for the venue though, it's definitely a beautiful venue for a school of that stature. That said, have you seen their basketball facility? It's a $7 million high school looking gym. URI plays in a $53 million beautiful facility that has room for more financial growth and expansion. I'm not going to pretend that every X and O is equal, but it's not like everything is better in ND.
0 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

You could look at the Fargo dome from at least two perspectives.
1. City of Fargo builds a Dome for NDSU football.
2. If Fargo could do that for NDSU, why couldn't the City of Providence fix the Dunk for PC instead of relying on the State to do it.

Well, we know why the City could not do it, they mismanage themselves into virtual bankruptcy.
0 x