Bryce "ICE" Cotton in Surgery This Morning For Injured Knee

For any college sports discussion not based in Kingston
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Bryce "ICE" Cotton in Surgery This Morning For Injured Knee

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Cotton injured his knee early this season against Mississippi St. (after he had just gotten over an ankle sprain suffered against UMASS), yet only missed one game against Brown. It was reported last week that he had a minor tear and last night on his twitter page reported that he was going in for surgery this morning to repair it. Timetable for recovery is unknown, but wish the speediest of recoveries to the Big East leading scorer from 2013, even more impressive given the condition of his knee all season. In BE play alone, averaged over 18 points and had 7th best offensive efficiency. Imagine if he were healthy all year?
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: Bryce "ICE" Cotton in Surgery This Morning For Injured K

Unread post by TruePoint »

Wow.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

TruePoint wrote:Wow.
I hope that wow is in regards to wishing him well for his surgery. Ice appreciates all good wishes on his health.

Just trying to keep everyone on Friar Town in the loop about the ongoing facts in Friar Town.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

So now that rj is basically mocking us with the Friar Town section is that a good enough reason to shut it down?
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

No, it is "wow" in regards to nobody here caring about Bryce Cotton's offseason surgery. Tell us if he is going to miss the URI game; otherwise I don't really care if his leg falls off.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

At Keaney Friars we don't like any of this negative nancy nonsense. We stick to facts about the Friars and the informed opinions of the fans of URI to discuss. Last I checked, Keaney Friars is seperate from URI talk.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

rjsuperfly66 wrote:At Keaney Friars we don't like any of this negative nancy nonsense. We stick to facts about the Friars and the informed opinions of the fans of URI to discuss. Last I checked, Keaney Friars is seperate from URI talk.
So you're the moderator of this forum?
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

The Fly just wants to make sure all of his friends at URI looking for information on the Friars can get all of the FACTS about the team in a proper manner on Keaney Friars. PC's best player from last season going in for knee surgery is relatively big news for the team.
0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

But not for us.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

RAM67 wrote:But not for us.
Once again, just talking PC in the Friar Town Keaney Friars thread. At no point in this process have I been wild, unruly, or a homer. Just pointing out relevant facts/topics as pertaining to the Friars. Personally, I love the opinions from different fans on a different spectrum. ATP can be quoted as wishing Cotton a healthy recovery elsewhere, so clearly some care. :D

And back on topic, the surgery seems to have gone well per Rich Coren.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

rjsuperfly66 wrote:
At no point in this process have I been wild, unruly, or a homer.
No, but you are clearly just trolling at this point.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

adam914 wrote:
rjsuperfly66 wrote:
At no point in this process have I been wild, unruly, or a homer.
No, but you are clearly just trolling at this point.
Just posted a very relevant topic. It was as relevant as Ricky Ledo, Brandon Austin, Kentucky, the NIT, or anything else posted in Keaney Friars.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

rjsuperfly66 wrote:
Once again, just talking PC in the Friar Town Keaney Friars thread. At no point in this process have I been wild, unruly, or a homer. Just pointing out relevant facts/topics as pertaining to the Friars. Personally, I love the opinions from different fans on a different spectrum. ATP can be quoted as wishing Cotton a healthy recovery elsewhere, so clearly some care. :D

And back on topic, the surgery seems to have gone well per Rich Coren.
Fine, but that seems like a tremendous waste of time to me. It's your life. Do with it what you will.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

RJ, it's unfortunate that you abused your freedom and accumulation of good will with this behavior seen today. You made a strong effort over the last day or so to blow away any of the good will you earned previously on this site. Well done, you have now earned some read-only time.

When I make the occasional post on ScoutFriars, I am not disruptive and make every effort to just blend in and not disrupt the natural discourse there. As a fan of another school, you should behave like a guest here and tread lightly. This is the same protocol exercised over at ScoutFriars.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

get rid of this section and re-name it, after careful consideration and given we know the status of RL there is no reason to have a section dedicated to them.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

So wishing a player an injury is ok, calling a player soft as a pillow is ok; wanting buildings to burn down and buses to crash are ok too...as long as you root for state U. PC fan? Better not report on PC in the PC section...
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Yeah, that basically sums it up Sean. It was set up as an unfortunate acknowledgement that you people couldn't stay away from our board, so rather than just ban every PC fan that showed up we tried to have a section where we could dump and quarantine the most pointless stuff. It wasn't set up to be a PC board parallel to the URI board. If you don't like that, go post on a PC board.

I do agree that a named section for PC is probably not the best idea, though, and I wouldn't be opposed to changing that.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

If you put benches in front of your store; don't complain if people are sitting on them
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
Sir Ramalot
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Sir Ramalot »

As soon as the name changed to Friar Town on this new board a sense of entitlement/ownership slowly crept in. Either eliminating this section altogether or returning it to the original name sound like good options.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

I'm confused.
You guys set up a part of this site for Friar talk,
RJsuperfly comes on and gives some news about a key player's
surgery,and he gets a timeout?
What did he do that was wrong?
Not following this at all.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

If you don't like what rj and sean are doing here, don't respond to them, or don't read them....they will either get bored talking to each other or they will interact with other board members here who want to talk pc hoops and minutiae.....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

See adam's two posts above to point out what exactly RJ was doing.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

Why did we change the name to friar town? Did someone in charge have a mental breakdown?
Is there such a thing as self hating URI fans? We put up with a lot of shit from the projo and local tv media then we do stupid crap like this. Makes zero sense.
0 x