Kadeem "BATTSMAN" Batts will Return for 2014

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Great News :D
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Re: Kadeem "BATTSMAN" Batts will Return for 2014

Unread post by Ramulous »

Very important news for the friars.....Batts had to be one of the most improved players in the whole country last year
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Helps to somewhat offset the Ledo news.
0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

rjsuperfly66 wrote:Great News :D
For who?
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

I've made it a personal mission to make sure I put all the great PC news in the Friar Town section to offset the negativity :D Wouldn't want you to miss out
0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

rjsuperfly66 wrote:I've made it a personal mission to make sure I put all the great PC news in the Friar Town section to offset the negativity :D Wouldn't want you to miss out
I will be forever ungrateful.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I'm looking forward to Biruta schooling Batts next year.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

Biruta did average 15.6 points and 8 rebounds against PC in his 3 games at Rutgers
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

RAM67 wrote:
rjsuperfly66 wrote:I've made it a personal mission to make sure I put all the great PC news in the Friar Town section to offset the negativity :D Wouldn't want you to miss out
I will be forever ungrateful.
I actually appreciate it. I would never go search out news about Provodence, but I am interested in keeping tabs to some degree. I don't need to know about every time a guy turns his ankle in practice, but news about who is coming and going is good to have as a basketball fan.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Don't worry. The PC Journal will keep you informed on a minute to minute basis. We don't need this on our board.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

RAM67 wrote:Don't worry. The PC Journal will keep you informed on a minute to minute basis. We don't need this on our board.
Haha. I don't read that garbage!
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

RAM67 wrote:We don't need this on our board.
Then why check the Friartown board on the URI site? Or is it only convenient to look at when looking for a punching bag?
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I do think the Friar portion of the board should maybe be "Opponents," or "Other College Sports" or something, but I think it exists exactly for that reason - to keep tabs on what Providence and others are doing.
0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Absolutely. I don't look for joyful news about PC on the URI site. I have to admit that years ago I was ambivalent about the Friars, and would often root for them, but Dave Gavitt, the RI Legislature and some of the friar fans who have posted on this board over the years have soured me. So now I'm not interested in good news coming from PC, especially anything that is meant to be instigating and smug. Why don't you go on the PC board and announce how great it is that EC Mathews has signed with us, or Dan Hurley has agreed to an extension?
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

RAM67 wrote:Absolutely. I don't look for joyful news about PC on the URI site. I have to admit that years ago I was ambivalent about the Friars, and would often root for them, but Dave Gavitt, the RI Legislature and some of the friar fans who have posted on this board over the years have soured me. So now I'm not interested in good news coming from PC, especially anything that is meant to be instigating and smug. Why don't you go on the PC board and announce how great it is that EC Mathews has signed with us, or Dan Hurley has agreed to an extension?
Because there isn't a URI section on our board so why would I or any other fan post every in and out with URI? I questioned a few months ago why there was only a PC section here because it was filled with hate, hate, and more hate, and was basically told we are a rival and that it should stay.

Unless changed, I've decided to make this sub-topic Keaney Friars :D You can talk about all of the good and bad in Friartown with RJ, Sean, Poop, Ron, and others with straight, unbiased opinions right here in the Friartown board. Talk about a real blessing!
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Rj, fine with me. Again, the reality is that these topics will not go away if we eliminate this area of the board. For people like Ram67, they can easily ignore this entire section and enjoy a Friar-Free Fan experience elsewhere on KeaneyBlue.com.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

ATPTourFan wrote:Rj, fine with me. Again, the reality is that these topics will not go away if we eliminate this area of the board. For people like Ram67, they can easily ignore this entire section and enjoy a Friar-Free Fan experience elsewhere on KeaneyBlue.com.
Yes, this is the reason why. If we were all grown-ups, sure, this section could be just about all of the team's opponents. However, it's pretty clear that any thread that's primarily about the Friars can get derailed, and some people just don't like to read about them or the back and forth at all. ATP, TP and I all have actual jobs - unfortunately - so we can't always be around here to babysit.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

back to the topic....Batts staying is as impt to who is leaving. agree with ramulous he was 1 of the most improved players around, and quite possibly the most important part of their tournament hopes next year.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

bigappleram wrote:back to the topic....Batts staying is as impt to who is leaving. agree with ramulous he was 1 of the most improved players around, and quite possibly the most important part of their tournament hopes next year.
Agree, he is your best big man and it's really not even close. Desroisiers would have been lucky to give 75% of what the Battsman can do. I like CD as a 15 minute role playing as a shot blocker/hit open look but he is only part of the solution.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

I'm actually hoping that cd can provide significant minutes at the 5; allowing Batts to dominate opposing 4s.
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Same Sean, but the reports of toughness scare me, and even the limited practice reports have seemed to illustrate a similar situation. Given that CD is a little bit older (21 years old/22 by start of next season) and has already been with the staff for 11 months, my concern is that we get a little of a "what you see is what you get" sort of situation, with a guy who will be consistent and block some shots and hit some jumpers, but isn't really one to overly muck it up down low.

If he could give you 25 good minutes at the center position, how ideal would that be?
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

i wouldnt put much stock in CD...he's as soft as a pillow.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

bigappleram wrote:i wouldnt put much stock in CD...he's as soft as a pillow.
Based on?
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

based on seeing him play in HS twice, and a few times at Wake. based on what most recruiting services said about him.
0 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

Batts med jumper got better and better as the season went on. I liked his game. This is great new for the Friars. I'm soooooo happy I get to write and read about it on the URI message board. Great times.
0 x