CONFIRMED: PC's Ricky Ledo to Declare for 2013 NBA Draft

For any college sports discussion not based in Kingston
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Re: CONFIRMED: PC's Ricky Ledo to Declare for 2013 NBA Draft

Unread post by SGreenwell »

For what it's worth, Chad Ford said he might be a first round pick, depending on how well he performs. The fact that he's checking in with 10 percent body fat though isn't a great sign. He probably needs to shine in the workouts and drills to really guarantee a first round pick, but it would shock me if he really was the last pick in the second round - that seems too low.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I agree with you SG, I think Ledo goes well before the last pick/undrafted. I think Ledo is an early 2nd round pick at this point. Maybe he sneaks into the first if a GM falls in love with his potential but he's not doing himself any favors by showing up in less than peak conditioning. Especially when GM's will have to rely on his combine and workouts with no college tapes to scout off of.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

Lots if buzz about Ledo. Hopefully someone falls in love.
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Well, I hope he didn't trash his career by skipping out on Providence College and Cooley, but what would you expect given his history and the crew of "advisors" who push him around.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

If you're looking for the most "tragic" (as these things go) story of the draft, it's Norvel Pelle. His situation is a mess. Just my opinion, but Ledo will be fine. He's reportedly not going to the pre-draft group workout now, which could mean something good for him.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

ace wrote:If you're looking for the most "tragic" (as these things go) story of the draft, it's Norvel Pelle. His situation is a mess. Just my opinion, but Ledo will be fine. He's reportedly not going to the pre-draft group workout now, which could mean something good for him.
Geez, really? I sincerely hope he got a guarantee from a team, but if he didn't, that's not a good idea. The NBA has also tightened up how second round picks, so there isn't any "incentive" to drop in the draft anymore, like what happened to Gilbert Arenas.
0 x