Geoff Cameron

Will Rams Football ever compete for the CAA championship? Will Hockey go D1? Are the Lady Rams on the rise?
RhodyNJ
Steve Chubin

Geoff Cameron

Postby RhodyNJ » 6 days ago

Forgive me if he has been brought up before on some of the Soccer posts...

Do you guys feel like we promote the fact that one of the 3 American players in the English Premier League and arguably one of the best players on Team USA when healthy is a URI alum?

I don't think anyone outside of well informed URI sports fans are even aware of him having gone to school here.

He has had an amazing career - would love to see the athletic department do more with him if he was up for it... or does this get into NCAA violation territory?
4 x

Ramtastico
Kenny Green

Re: Geoff Cameron

Postby Ramtastico » 6 days ago

Great player
1 x

UCH21377
ARD

Postby UCH21377 » 5 days ago

What happens when his team gets demoted to the minor leagues? Does he have to go down and play AAA or whatever? Assuming he is still with Stoke it's not looking so good. Have no idea how that works but I can read the standings.
0 x

josephski
Art Stephenson

Postby josephski » 5 days ago

UCH21377 wrote:What happens when his team gets demoted to the minor leagues? Does he have to go down and play AAA or whatever? Assuming he is still with Stoke it's not looking so good. Have no idea how that works but I can read the standings.

Yes he'd have to play in the Championship (name of the league one lower than the Premier League). He could ask for a transfer but there's no guarantee a Premier League team would want him or that Stoke would be willing to sell him. Also the Championship is still a pretty solid league, it's definitely different than dropping from the MLB to AAA and is still a higher quality league than the MLS.
0 x

SmartyBarrett
Cuttino Mobley

Postby SmartyBarrett » 5 days ago

Geoff also posted a super insightful piece for the Players Tribune about the state of US Soccer. Really good stuff.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/geoff ... -s-soccer/
1 x

ATPTourFan
Ernie Calverley

Postby ATPTourFan » 5 days ago

Wow. Liked that Cameron piece. Powerful and honest stuff.
0 x

steviep123
Tom Garrick

Postby steviep123 » 5 days ago

Great article. I read it a few days ago after TP posted it on The Hex thread. I meant to re-post it here but forgot. ATP, thanks for posting it. Really powerful piece. Too much politics in US Soccer getting in the way.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Return to “URI Athletics”