Gm 8 Football @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Will Rams Football ever compete for the CAA championship? Will Hockey go D1? Are the Lady Rams on the rise?
ramster
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 7172
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1036

Gm 8 Football @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby ramster » 1 month ago

Game 8
0 x

User avatar
rhodyfan3
ARD
Posts: 567
Joined: 5 years ago
x 25

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Saturday Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby rhodyfan3 » 1 month ago

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/rho ... 93236?mt=2

New episode. In order:

-Brief discussion of the upcoming basketball scrimmages for PC (happening now) and RI
-Homecoming recap
-Discussion of the football program as a whole
-Preview of Elon
0 x
“We want to go from being the ‘Running Rams’ to a team that is ‘Ram Tough,’” Dan Hurley


Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson
Posts: 779
Joined: 5 years ago
x 28

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby Hal Kopp » 1 month ago

Solid pod cast RF3.
You guys know your stuff!!
0 x

User avatar
thatRamBand
Jeff Kent
Posts: 161
Joined: 2 years ago
x 44

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby thatRamBand » 1 month ago

Rhody up 6-0 early. Another missed extra point, but a good start
0 x

Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson
Posts: 779
Joined: 5 years ago
x 28

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby Hal Kopp » 1 month ago

Geez,another missed xtra point.
at least they got 2 points.
Somebody learned something (maybe).
Wonder what went thru Flems. mind on the miss?
0 x

User avatar
ATPTourFan
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 9490
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Wakefield, RI
x 1072
Contact:

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby ATPTourFan » 1 month ago

21 nil. Can we find a way to win this game?
0 x

Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson
Posts: 779
Joined: 5 years ago
x 28

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby Hal Kopp » 1 month ago

that direct snap to RB on the move that Albany returned 85 yds for TD was a great call.
Surprised it did not work.
0 x

User avatar
RF1
Sly Williams
Posts: 4242
Joined: 5 years ago
x 817

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby RF1 » 1 month ago

Rhody dominates from start to finish leading the entire game winning 31-14. 209 yards rushing and 123 in the air. 7 sacks.
0 x

Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson
Posts: 779
Joined: 5 years ago
x 28

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby Hal Kopp » 1 month ago

The kids have not quit,last year or this.
0 x

RIFan
Tom Garrick
Posts: 1315
Joined: 5 years ago
x 199

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby RIFan » 1 month ago

Woo-hoo...
0 x

ramster
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 7172
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1036

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby ramster » 1 month ago

I said early in the season Lawson should be the starting QB. Many here know more about the URI Football team than me, but I think this is why I'm questioning Fleming & Son more and more. If Lawson had been given the job at the beginning of the season things could look quite different.
He runs well, avoids the opponents rush effectively, does not throw many interceptions at all and he is quickly earning the trust and confidence of his teammates.
Will be interesting to see how he does vs JMU and Villanova the next two weeks.
0 x

User avatar
rhodyfan3
ARD
Posts: 567
Joined: 5 years ago
x 25

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby rhodyfan3 » 1 month ago

ramster wrote:I said early in the season Lawson should be the starting QB. Many here know more about the URI Football team than me, but I think this is why I'm questioning Fleming % Son more and more. If Lawson had been given the job at the beginning of the season things could look quite different.
He runs well, avoids the opponents rush effectively, does not throw many interceptions at all and he is quickly earning the trust and confidence of his teammates.
Will be interesting to see how he does vs JMU and Villanova the next two weeks.


The decision to start Harris over Lawson does not fall solely on Fleming’s son. It took them 5 games to even consider Lawson playing significant minutes.
0 x
“We want to go from being the ‘Running Rams’ to a team that is ‘Ram Tough,’” Dan Hurley

Uncle Ed
Steve Chubin
Posts: 109
Joined: 1 year ago
x 37

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby Uncle Ed » 1 month ago

This is a good win. Not sure why Albany is having such a down year, but this is about a CAA road win - great job Rhody! Big difference when you can get pressure on the QB. I am definitely impressed with Lawson - the ability to run puts a lot of pressure on opposing defenses and he doesn't throw into double coverage like Harris was prone to. Win 2 of the next 3 - which means a win against JMU or Villanova and I think Fleming will keep his job. Anything less they need to leave him in Baltimore after the Towson game.
0 x

ramster
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 7172
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1036

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby ramster » 1 month ago

Aaron Parker’s remarkable record of 9 straight games with a TD reception came to an end today but he still had a nice day with 5 receptions. Congratulations on setting a URI record that will be very tough to tie or break.
0 x

Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson
Posts: 779
Joined: 5 years ago
x 28

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby Hal Kopp » 1 month ago

This team should be at 5 wins right now.
Beating Nova and Towson is possible.
0 x

User avatar
Rhodymob05
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2265
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
x 461

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby Rhodymob05 » 1 month ago

Solid win on the road.
0 x
RHODE ISLAND RAMS 2017 A10 CHAMPS

ramster
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 7172
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1036

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby ramster » 1 month ago

rhodyfan3 wrote:
ramster wrote:I said early in the season Lawson should be the starting QB. Many here know more about the URI Football team than me, but I think this is why I'm questioning Fleming % Son more and more. If Lawson had been given the job at the beginning of the season things could look quite different.
He runs well, avoids the opponents rush effectively, does not throw many interceptions at all and he is quickly earning the trust and confidence of his teammates.
Will be interesting to see how he does vs JMU and Villanova the next two weeks.


The decision to start Harris over Lawson does not fall solely on Fleming’s son. It took them 5 games to even consider Lawson playing significant minutes.


That’s because I hit the # sign instead of the & sign. Meant to say Fleming & Son.......for sure the majority of the blame goes to Fleming HC........
0 x

ramster
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 7172
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1036

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby ramster » 1 month ago

Uncle Ed wrote:This is a good win. Not sure why Albany is having such a down year, but this is about a CAA road win - great job Rhody! Big difference when you can get pressure on the QB. I am definitely impressed with Lawson - the ability to run puts a lot of pressure on opposing defenses and he doesn't throw into double coverage like Harris was prone to. Win 2 of the next 3 - which means a win against JMU or Villanova and I think Fleming will keep his job. Anything less they need to leave him in Baltimore after the Towson game.


Harris threw into double coverage a lot but also under threw a lot of passes. He like to throw off balance even when he didn’t have to, just not sure why and he didn’t seem to have great concentration. Lawson can roll out, is a threat to run so the linebackers can’t gamble much, and he has good precision on his throws, especially the short passes. Players clearly have confidence in Lawson at this time.
0 x

User avatar
RhowdyRam02
Sly Williams
Posts: 4102
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1139

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby RhowdyRam02 » 1 month ago

This is a good win for the team, Albany has owned us the last few years, good to get one back against them.

25% off merchandise in the book store tomorrow!
0 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

User avatar
bigappleram
Sly Williams
Posts: 3890
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1097

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby bigappleram » 1 month ago

A better kicker and better coaching (Central Michigan, Brown, Elon all should be wins) and this team is 5-3 and the tenor is much different.
0 x

User avatar
ATPTourFan
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 9490
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Wakefield, RI
x 1072
Contact:

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby ATPTourFan » 1 month ago

But alas... :(
2 x

User avatar
SmartyBarrett
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 1683
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Boston
x 120
Contact:

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby SmartyBarrett » 1 month ago

bigappleram wrote:A better kicker and better coaching (Central Michigan, Brown, Elon all should be wins) and this team is 5-3 and the tenor is much different.


Agreed. But I can't decide if this makes me feel optimistic or sick to my stomach.

Completely agree with others who have said that Lawson should have been starting sooner. Is Lawson just playing out of his mind or did the coaching staff really miss something?
1 x

Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson
Posts: 779
Joined: 5 years ago
x 28

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby Hal Kopp » 1 month ago

Smarty-big part of it is coaching=id'ing talent.
Flems kid is not qualified.
0 x

User avatar
bigappleram
Sly Williams
Posts: 3890
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1097

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby bigappleram » 1 month ago

I actually think ID'ing talent is the 1 thing they have done well.
From a talent perspective, there has been a major upgrade IMO over what was seen 5-10-15 years ago.
It's everything else that is lacking.
0 x

Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson
Posts: 779
Joined: 5 years ago
x 28

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby Hal Kopp » 1 month ago

OK,Big Apple-generally speaking-yes.
But while Harris was throwing picks off his back foot,members of this board were asking for more Lawson going all the way back to first game.
Flem and sons did not start really playing him until Elon game?
0 x

PeterRamTime
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 2085
Joined: 3 years ago
x 334

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby PeterRamTime » 1 month ago

Anyone think Adam Parker could play in the NFL?
0 x

Uncle Ed
Steve Chubin
Posts: 109
Joined: 1 year ago
x 37

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby Uncle Ed » 1 month ago

Really good player. Excellent tackler. Probably too small for linebacker, if he was a 4.5/4.6 in the forty, I think he could play.
0 x

User avatar
bigappleram
Sly Williams
Posts: 3890
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1097

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby bigappleram » 1 month ago

Heh? I think he's talking about Aaron Parker, the sophomore wide receiver. My answer is too early to tell, but IMO he definitely could be playing up a level right now.
1 x

PeterRamTime
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 2085
Joined: 3 years ago
x 334

Re: Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

Unread postby PeterRamTime » 1 month ago

bigappleram wrote:Heh? I think he's talking about Aaron Parker, the sophomore wide receiver. My answer is too early to tell, but IMO he definitely could be playing up a level right now.


Yeaaahh datswhatimtalkinbout
Wrong A name
0 x


Return to “URI Athletics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests