Rhody transfer to start at Purdue

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

Rhody transfer to start at Purdue

Unread post by Hal Kopp »

http://www.goshennews.com/sports/nation ... 02b99.html

Its not all a talent problem at Rhody
1 x
Uncle Ed
Jeff Kent

Re: Rhody transfer to start at Purdue

Unread post by Uncle Ed »

Congratulations to Dave Steinmetz. He has worked very hard and earned everything he has achieved. His biggest fan, his dad Mark, died unexpectedly last February and I know how proud he was of Dave. The whole Steinmetz family were tremendous supporters of URI and made a great connection with so many players and their families. Of course Fleming and URI wanted to take his scholarship away from Dave the second semester of his Senior year when he learned he was considering transferring. Thankfully the appeal committee realized how bad of a decision that would have been and overruled Fleming. A lot of players and families who knew the Steinmetz family were very disheartened by Fleming and the Athletic Department. Best wishes to Dave and his dream of playing in the NFL.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Thorr must have known what was going on there......if so that's a bad look......
0 x
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Hal Kopp »

The heat is on Fleming and son starting Thurs. night-I mean big time.
Their play calling has been terrible!!
Where is the nepotism clause???
0 x
Uncle Ed
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Uncle Ed »

Watched Dave Steinmetz start and play the entire game for Purdue against Louisville last night on prime time Fox game. Biggest guy on the field and played well! I am sure a lot of his former Rhody teammates were watching as well. Sure hope the coaching staff that thought he wouldn't be able to play at this level and then tried to take his scholarship away for his final semester were watching too.
0 x