Monmouth to CAA?

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

Monmouth to CAA?

Unread post by Hal Kopp »

http://www.app.com/story/sports/college ... 547409001/

Every school in the East has been wanting to be in same YC/A-10/CAA since 1978 !!

The Conference is part of what makes Rhody football so important.

I just got back from vacation from S. County,where I met with prominent alums,,boosters,Coaches and AD's.

They along with my national contacts say:

"There is a lot of buzz about this years teams".

HK
"You heard it hear first"
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: Monmouth to CAA?

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

URI football is important? We have players from RI taking walk on roles at other FCS schools rather than scholarships from us.

And we're projected to be last or next to last by almost every analyst. That's not really buzz worthy. Are these the same contacts that said bet the house on the juicy James Madison line?
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Monmouth set to debut 16 Million Dollar Renovation to Kessler Stadium
http://www.app.com/story/sports/college ... 464847001/

The newly renovated football stadium comes on the heels of the 57M Ocean First Bank Center (opened in 2009) that included a 4,100 seat arena for basketball:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OceanFirst_Bank_Center
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

To be fair, there definitely is a buzz around this years team, it just happens to be buzzing from the vultures circling over our programs half rotted carcass below.
1 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

Sure Adam,I renewed my season tix. What games will you be at this FB season?
Or watching thru the fence again?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Hal Kopp wrote:Sure Adam,I renewed my season tix. What games will you be at this FB season?
Or watching thru the fence again?
It's a long drive from San Diego. Don't think I'll be making any games this year.
4 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

There might not be a person in America with bigger blinders on about a sports team than HK and URI football. Good lord give it a rest.
1 x
Go Rhody
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Still waiting for the mighty fifth quarter club to step up and deliver a major capital campaign for Rhody football.
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

ATP-there is another major capital campaign coming. Last one went great.
What do you think-first $15M raised goes to athletics infrastructure (football stadium and track facility included),ask state to match??
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Rhody15 wrote:There might not be a person in America with bigger blinders on about a sports team than HK and URI football. Good lord give it a rest.
The guys just a fan defending his team/school. I for one agree with him about keeping football/attending games ect. I would hope there would be more support from alumni/students even if you don't attend games. Like I always say, there are plenty of seats available at women's volleyball or mens track if thats where you want the money to go.
0 x
GO RAMS
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

Rhodymob-its a financial issue,some of the nega bobs on this board,couldn't afford a ticket if it was .50
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

No, I'm doing quite well. I bet against everyone of your football picks because you're clueless.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Hal Kopp wrote:ATP-there is another major capital campaign coming. Last one went great.
What do you think-first $15M raised goes to athletics infrastructure (football stadium and track facility included),ask state to match??
I'd love to see the State of Rhode Island simply "do the needful" and appropriate the funds to maintain the flagship university's facilities. Of course, that won't happen so a 100% bond would also be fine if we could get that passed via referendum. If we have to do a 100% match or hit a fundraising milestone to trigger the referendum then I guess that's what we'll have to do. Sigh.
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund