Absolutely Correct,Sir.

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

Absolutely Correct,Sir.

Unread post by Hal Kopp »

http://www.independentri.com/independen ... 38c37.html

As I’ve always said, it’s been a long time coming and last year was a bit of a missed opportunity. We were ahead or tied in five games in the fourth quarter and couldn’t close them out

So True,so very very true.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: Absolutely Correct,Sir.

Unread post by rambone 78 »

You would bring up a comparison to the basketball team......
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Hal Kopp wrote:http://www.independentri.com/independen ... 38c37.html

As I’ve always said, it’s been a long time coming and last year was a bit of a missed opportunity. We were ahead or tied in five games in the fourth quarter and couldn’t close them out

So True,so very very true.
Sounds like a lot of excuses to me. Fleming must think this coaching thing is too hard.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Hal Kopp »

No,he is right.
So is Hurley when he says it is hard. Hurley is wrong in that the kids work hard.
What Hurley should say is "Man,this is hard,a lot of missed opportunities>"
0 x
Uncle Ed
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Uncle Ed »

Fleming and his staff have not shown that they know how to win a game. The 4 wins they have had in the last three years have been by fairly wide margins -i.e., coaching in the 4th quarter was not critical. The final against Towson was a perfect example of playing not to lose. I have been to 33 games in the last 3 years and have seen a team that cannot play against good passing teams, a team that makes too many mistakes, an offense that is very predictable, awful clock management, and a team that has never overachieved. I think Vazzano is a talented QB and a definite bright spot, but a lack of a real OC is quite troubling. But I do like Fleming's concept of blown leads/ties as a metric of progress.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

No matter how bad the previous season was for RI, these articles always get me pumped up to head to Meade on a crisp fall day to see that fresh Keaney blue paint on the groomed turf awaiting the cannons to go off after a miraculous play for a URI Touchdown! with the band playing our fight song loud and clear for all of campus to hear. I'm not a poet, but I know I'm a Rhody fan.
0 x
GO RAMS