Football recruiting

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: Football recruiting

Unread post by ramster »

Not fixing the stands should not equate to URI is dropping the program. How many years have the stands needed fixing --- 20? But the dropping the program rumor was not out there.
If it's not the stands there can always be something else to attribute dropping the program to if some recruiters are going to lie.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

That rumor has absolutely been out there. Football coaches at URI have been complaining that competing programs tell recruits we're on the verge of dropping football since Floyd Keith. Or as long as the stands need fixing. It's not rocket science. Fix the stands, the rumor goes away. Don't fix the stands, other teams will always be able to use our lack of commitment against us on the recruiting trail.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

But it's the first time that I have heard Fleming comment on the subject in announcing the year's recruiting class . Never done that before so something seems to have changed and/or accelerated.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Yeah, the end of his contract and the continued losing. He could afford to be positive at the beginning of his contract. Now that we're getting toward the end he needs an excuse if he can't turn things around.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yeah, that thought hit me. Pressure mounting for results.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

This year is huge for Fleming's future employment at URI......although in his defense, what the administration gives him to work with here is quite pathetic......

Have they hired an OC yet? Or is that not in the budget?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I volunteer for OC. Low cost, live nearby so no moving expenses.... Have Fleming PM me.
0 x