Logo

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Logo

Unread post by OBRAM »

I think we have one of the best colors (KeaneyBlue) and Logos, the Rams Horns. But now, it is almost impossible to find anything with the Ram Horns logo. This is awful. The Horns are cool.
1 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Re: Logo

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Obram I hate when I get the daily deals from Groupon and they have all these cool NCAA swag and then you realize that the only teams available are the big college football teams :( Hurts my soul each time.
1 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Ram Horns? I believe those are found on the crotch of the basketball shorts.
5 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
thatRamBand
Kenny Green

Unread post by thatRamBand »

The Rams Spirit Shop in the emporium still sells a bunch of stuff with the ram horn logo. Its where I buy most of my gear.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I've mentioned this for years that we need horns. A combination of the "RI" and ram would be preferable. VCU's logo is great precedence. Even now, I see our logo next to opponents logo's and it feels and looks like a cookie cutter shape. Colors are fantastic though.
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Messed around with the current logo and the former ram logo, something I hope to see one day.
ram logo.jpg
ram logo.jpg (25.92 KiB) Viewed 2161 times
2 x
GO RAMS
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I'd like to see the top of the R/ram horn a little cleaner/less cluttered, but otherwise this is outstanding.
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

That's very good.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote:Messed around with the current logo and the former ram logo, something I hope to see one day.

ram logo.jpg
So the other thread reminded me of this idea for redoing the logo. I think if the horn was rotated a little bit so top of the R was just the horn I'd think you'd have a winner. You'd have the RI so we'd be instantly distinguishable from other teams with a ram mascot, and the old ram logo would live on in the newest logo.

I would also have the I the same color as the bottom half of the R so that only the horn would be lighter blue, making it easier to tell that you're creating a horn design with the top of the R
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I want the RI and words RHODE ISLAND used more. It will better tie the URI athletics programs to the state and its residents. Think MICHIGAN. They hardly ever use the wolverine or the school's official name (University of Michigan). It is usually just MICHIGAN.
4 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I totally agree, we should almost never use University of, just Rhode Island
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

I like the spelled out RI, bold and blue so it doesn't have any relation to RIC. I like two logos like in the other thread, but I also like VCUs combined Ram and words logo.
1 x
GO RAMS
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 6 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote:Messed around with the current logo and the former ram logo, something I hope to see one day.

ram logo.jpg
So the other thread reminded me of this idea for redoing the logo. I think if the horn was rotated a little bit so top of the R was just the horn I'd think you'd have a winner. You'd have the RI so we'd be instantly distinguishable from other teams with a ram mascot, and the old ram logo would live on in the newest logo.

I would also have the I the same color as the bottom half of the R so that only the horn would be lighter blue, making it easier to tell that you're creating a horn design with the top of the R
Rhodymob05, I'm not sure if you still have this design, unfortunately it no longer shows up in this thread, but this was what I was getting at in the anchor branding thread
0 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

Well, Clemson has the Tiger Paws, they look great to me. They use it all over, and at midfield on the football field.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 6 years ago

ram logo.jpg

Rhodymob05, I'm not sure if you still have this design, unfortunately it no longer shows up in this thread, but this was what I was getting at in the anchor branding thread
I'll try to find it.
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Heres that logo I put together. I just took the rams logo horns and placed it on an "RI". It would be cool for a real graphics designer to take this and run with it.
Attachments
ram logo.jpg
ram logo.jpg (25.97 KiB) Viewed 1025 times
1 x
GO RAMS
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I think if the horn was rotated a little bit so top of the R was just the horn I'd think you'd have a winner. You'd have the RI so we'd be instantly distinguishable from other teams with a ram mascot, and the old ram logo would live on in the newest logo.

1 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

I like it. Maybe a brighter Rhody Blue, just so it stands out better, but I think we can do a lot better with incorporating the Logo
Hopefully someone will take notice.
0 x