BASEBALL - Beck Field Enhancement Moving Forward!

Will Rams Football ever compete for the CAA championship? Will Hockey go D1? Are the Lady Rams on the rise?
Puck Frovidence
Jeff Kent

BASEBALL - Beck Field Enhancement Moving Forward!

Unread postby Puck Frovidence » 1 month ago

This is excellent news. The baseball team has made some huge accomplishments recently: They are URI's most recent A10 Champions, and the URI squad that has most recently won games in the NCAA Tournament. This facility deserves an upgrade and I for one will be in the new stands for a game or two if/when they are ready this spring!

The Story is here
http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-basebl/ ... 1213mjjydq

Pictures of Phase One are here:
https://www.facebook.com/RhodyBaseball/ ... 9863872004

3 x

NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens

Re: BASEBALL - Beck Field Enhancement Moving Forward!

Unread postby NYGFan_Section208 » 1 month ago

Puck Frovidence wrote:This is excellent news. The baseball team has made some huge accomplishments recently: They are URI's most recent A10 Champions, and the URI squad that has most recently won games in the NCAA Tournament. This facility deserves an upgrade and I for one will be in the new stands for a game or two if/when they are ready this spring!

The Story is here
http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-basebl/ ... 1213mjjydq

Pictures of Phase One are here:
https://www.facebook.com/RhodyBaseball/ ... 9863872004

See you there!
0 x

Rhodymob05
Tom Garrick

Unread postby Rhodymob05 » 1 month ago

The improvements are nice and well overdue,especially for a program that is successful. I almost wish the improvements were more impressive, but still an improvement over the horrid exterior of this field.
0 x
Where is Frank Keaney when you need him?

Uncle Ed
Abdul Fox

Unread postby Uncle Ed » 1 month ago

I am impressed by what they done have and plan to do. School needs to invest in a beautiful small ball park - it would be a real asset to URI and the State. It can go slowly and in phases just as the current improvements. Didn't some of the Bond money passed in the Nov election have funds for public improvements? Think Big....We Do!
0 x

RhowdyRam02
Carlton Owens

Unread postby RhowdyRam02 » 1 month ago

Uncle Ed wrote:I am impressed by what they done have and plan to do. School needs to invest in a beautiful small ball park - it would be a real asset to URI and the State. It can go slowly and in phases just as the current improvements. Didn't some of the Bond money passed in the Nov election have funds for public improvements? Think Big....We Do!

I'd still love to see some kind of partnership where the Ocean State Waves move from Old Mountain Field to Bill Beck Field and the organization and university work together for an appropriate ballpark.

Unfortunately I can't imagine the stands will be ready for this season. The deadline to raise the first $30,000 to activate the $15,000 gift is February 17th, opening day of the season with the home opener March 31st.
0 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

ATPTourFan
Ernie Calverley

Unread postby ATPTourFan » 1 month ago

Attendance for the Waves would be hurt by moving "all the way" to Kingston. There are just lots of fans who see the little Waves signs around Wakefield Center and just show up.
0 x

RhowdyRam02
Carlton Owens

Unread postby RhowdyRam02 » 1 month ago

I can't say I've been to a Waves game yet so can't speak intelligently to that side of things. Hopefully that will change this summer.
0 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

Return to “URI Athletics”