Rizzi to LSU?

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

Rizzi to LSU?

Unread post by Hal Kopp »

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/09/28/nfl- ... don-mexico

Dolphins special teams coach Darren Rizzi: The level of respect for Rizzi is reflected in how he was held over from Tony Sparano’s staff to Joe Philbin’s in Miami, and now to Adam Gase’s. Rizzi also was a key assistant during Greg Schiano’s Rutgers rebuild, and has done two stints as a college head coach—one at New Haven and another at Rhode Island.

Heard him on the radio today-impressive as always. Where do you think Rhody FB program would be if he stayed?
At least three FB supporters in separate conversations told me he screwed URI FB?
Agree or disagree?

HK-"you heard it here first!"
0 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Re: Rizzi to LSU?

Unread post by OBRAM »

The issue was Rizza only stayed one year, after all of his hype. I think we got some good recruits when he came in, but needed a few more years.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

He saw how it would take years and years to get the program to the middle of the pack and bailed. Can't blame him.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

if you expect a guy to stay at URI when the NFL calls you're funny
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I can't see Rizzo as a candidate for the LSU position. That's an elite position and he has no big time college or NFL head coaching experience.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

Reading through that section again, I don't think that they were suggesting in any way that Rizzi was a candidate for LSU. I think that people identified him, along with others, as people with college ties that could be hired somewhere. But not LSU, they're going to look to hit a home run with their hire, bringing in a name with more cache.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I was just going off of the thread title
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Interesting article about Rizzi last May

Amazing story about Deonte Harris from Assumption College now returning punts and kickoffs for the Saints

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/news/s ... lose-to-ma
0 x